PDA

View Full Version : Jesse James fined £ for pollution

Bob
30th January 2007, 01:25
Jesse James – host of TV shows Monster Garage and Motorcycle Mania and husband of Sandra Bullock – has been fined around NZD 393,500 for breaking Californian pollution laws.

The California Air Resources Board found that some of James’ custom machines – for which he charges NZD 70,000 and above – were putting out pollutants up to ten times the legal limit. James, 42 is “now complying with regulations”.

So he's stopped making them?

Good to see the governator is doing something these days.

paturoa
30th January 2007, 07:53
clicky here

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/california/la-me-pimpmysmog27jan27,1,3116247.story?coll=la-headlines-pe-california&ctrack=1&cset=true

vifferman
30th January 2007, 08:42
That's no surprise. I thought that almost all of his bikes were not legal in the Sultanate of Kaliphornica anyways, so were sold out of state.

Ghost Lemur
30th January 2007, 21:58
Read on a thread over on the Advrider forums that it's quite common place for Californians to register their road legal too (sic) smokes via out of state friends addresses to bypass state madness. While I support the premise, the application is rediculous. They have one person sitting stuck for hours in LA traffic in a Hummer being ok. But a cheap to run not recessarily that polluting 2t being against the law.