PDA

View Full Version : A question for Racers out there

Two Smoker
3rd August 2004, 20:37
Hey all you racers,

as some of you will know it is my debut in racing, im getting everything ready, i already know you need an impecable helmet, hence i bought a new one..... But there is a problem, will the stone chips (only like 6 and small ones) pass ok, MR and his stupid stone throwing machine on his gixxer did the damage :wacko:

Cheers :niceone:

Kickaha
3rd August 2004, 20:55
Hey all you racers,

as some of you will know it is my debut in racing, im getting everything ready, i already know you need an impecable helmet, hence i bought a new one..... But there is a problem, will the stone chips (only like 6 and small ones) pass ok, MR and his stupid stone throwing machine on his gixxer did the damage :wacko:

Stone chips should pass,unless they're bloody big ones and have actually damaged the helmet,rather than just taking off some paint.

Two Smoker
3rd August 2004, 20:58
Stone chips should pass,unless they're bloody big ones and have actually damaged the helmet,rather than just taking off some paint.
Cheers Kick, yep they have just taken of a little paint, just making sure so everything is sorted, cheers :niceone:

Motoracer
4th August 2004, 10:51
Or you could just go racing in manfield. They don't have scrutineering so you could by a bucket from the warehouse and use a saw to cut out some eye holes. Brand new helmet for ya!

Kickaha
4th August 2004, 19:18
Or you could just go racing in manfield. They don't have scrutineering so you could by a bucket from the warehouse and use a saw to cut out some eye holes. Brand new helmet for ya!

Yeah first time I went to Manfield as crew I couldn't beleive there was no scrutineering at all,I know you sign a disclaimer but after having full gear and bike scrutineering at every race day down here it seemed a bit strange.

FROSTY
4th August 2004, 19:22
dude ask yourself--"do I feel safe in this helmet?"
The rule is if the structural integrity of the lid has been compromised then it will fail scrutineering.

Two Smoker
4th August 2004, 19:31
LMAO :lol: next time im at manfield ill remember my "bucket" hehehe

yeah the helmet is fine, no drops or major damage, just stone chips from MR lol....

FROSTY
4th August 2004, 20:12
problem, will the stone chips (only like 6 and small ones) pass ok, MR and his stupid stone throwing machine on his gixxer did the damage :wacko:

yep I think its about time we gave ol MR a taste of his own medicine. All we gotta do is get in front of him and then...
aww forgeddit