PDA

View Full Version : Anyone after a KLE500 w/ only 2900km

RedKLR650
30th January 2007, 16:52
Hi all, my next door neighbour has a Feb 2006 KLE 500 twin for sale if anyone is interested. He used to ride big road bikes, but after seeing me on the KLR650, decided to have a wee digression into Off Roaders. Anyway, he sold the roadie, and purchased a new KLE500 in Feb 2006. HE's only done 2900 km on it ( and 900 km of that was on a trip Timaru to Hokitika via Molesworth ). It's Dark Blue ( see pic taken in Molesworth ). But the main thing is, he's a bit timid in shingle, so has decided seal is best and wants to get back on a road bike, so is putting this up for sale. It's currently here in Timaru and no problem for anyone to take it for a test ride etc. Contact me if you'd like more info. Cheers, Stu:scooter:

Transalper
30th January 2007, 17:42
shit.. he hasn't given it a chance. Tell him to stick some chunkier tyres on it or at least let some of the air out of his tyres and give it another go.
He must realize that it's a different way of doing things when you hit the gravel and he might have to learn from the ground up all over again.

hobdar
30th January 2007, 21:33
DAMN i would love that bike clean and polish it every day, but tell me the bad news how much does he want....?? my budget is what the bank will loan me 5K and then whatever i can get for me gn250..so 5k....:P

RedKLR650
30th January 2007, 22:36
shit.. he hasn't given it a chance. Tell him to stick some chunkier tyres on it or at least let some of the air out of his tyres and give it another go.
He must realize that it's a different way of doing things when you hit the gravel and he might have to learn from the ground up all over again.

I agree, but he seems to have made his mind up so all I can do is try to help with the transition. Personally, I love those gravel. Tarmac riders have to go slower in the wet, for us shingle riders, wet stones or dry stones don't make any difference when they're not stuck to tarmac.....:scooter:

RedKLR650
30th January 2007, 22:37
DAMN i would love that bike clean and polish it every day, but tell me the bad news how much does he want....?? my budget is what the bank will loan me 5K and then whatever i can get for me gn250..so 5k....:P

Give him a Buzz, but I think he's after a bit more than that :-( :scooter:

Stu Walker ( Yes, another Damn Stu I know...... )
0274 386 021

Old Grant
1st February 2007, 20:12
I've had my KLE for about three months now and love it. It's majic on gravel,hope it finds a good home.