PDA

View Full Version : New chick on the block! (Curious_AJ)

Curious_AJ
30th January 2007, 21:42
hey peoplez,
I'm a newbie, UTTER newbie lol
and yeah i just thought i would welcome myself to the "girly" threads

*zooms away*

N4CR
30th January 2007, 21:50
welcome. 'cus you're one of those rare female types this thread will get pretty darn big pretty quickly :lol: enjoy ya stay. and use the search button before posting questions! (or else people bite ya head off sometimes)

Indiana_Jones
30th January 2007, 21:54
welcome. 'cus you're one of those rare female types this thread will get pretty darn big pretty quickly :lol:

ain't that the truth lol

-Indy

bex
30th January 2007, 21:56
Hi there :yes: ... and welcome! :rockon:

Sparky Bills
30th January 2007, 21:58
Have fun!

Oh!... and good luck:innocent:

boomer
30th January 2007, 22:00
Hi and welcome.. "nothing yet, but interested" is that like curious...:innocent:

Switch
30th January 2007, 22:07
Welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy your stay :rockon:

gijoe1313
30th January 2007, 22:12
Zoinks! Welcome to the mad world that is KB, somehow you managed to post in a nice safe part (relatively!) Ooh, yeah - if you're looking for a nice bike to ride ...

Go the little ol'Honda Hornet! :niceone: Of course, it means laying out large amounts of dosh, getting gears, sitting BHS, reading the threads here, yada yada yada!

Have a great time learning two wheels of freedom! :woohoo: :scooter:

Keystone19
30th January 2007, 22:27
Welcome! If you manage to find a bike before the 10th of February - feel free to join us on our Girly coffee run!

Rossi Gal
30th January 2007, 22:41
Hey there and welcome to KB!! hope ya have fun!! ;)

Disco Dan
30th January 2007, 22:55
another girly? ...awsome :innocent:

WELCOME !

Dont listen to what people tell you about me... im nice ;) really...

come on in and make yourself at home.... :yes: :yes: :yes:

(Horray! my 1000th post!)

crash harry
30th January 2007, 23:01
Welcome aboard!

boomer
30th January 2007, 23:56
Hey there and welcome to KB!! hope ya have fun!! ;)

Are you bi any chance curious too?? :mellow:

Trudes
31st January 2007, 06:15
Hi hi hi and welcome welcome welcome!!! (is there an eco in here?) Have fun!!!

apteryx_haasti
31st January 2007, 06:58
Welcome along to the nuthouse!

Great place to be, meet some fine people in here...

tide
31st January 2007, 07:06
Welcome, and get yourself a bike it is the best thing you can do...:Punk:

Pumba
31st January 2007, 07:19
Welcome :banana:

Be careful what animals you chosse to feed, most of them bite with little warning:dodge:

RC1
31st January 2007, 07:35
welcome to kb hope you get into riding soon :rockon:

The Stranger
31st January 2007, 07:36
Is it just me or is this thread title just so wrong?

ManDownUnder
31st January 2007, 08:03
Welcome AJ.

As a first step you could get in touch with someone on here about riding on the back of the bike before you invest in one of your own. Get to mete the people, have some fun and only needing the safety gear (which you'll need if/when you proceed on to get the bike)

I expect you'll find a couple of women riders on here that could help if that's your preference...

:niceone:
MDU

Lissa
31st January 2007, 08:13
Welcome :) Hope you get a bike soon.. :yes:

frogfeaturesFZR
31st January 2007, 08:18
Welcome.....and yes the thread title is soooooo wrong !

WickedOne
31st January 2007, 08:25
Welcome to KB!!!

Minnie
31st January 2007, 08:37
Welcome to the site, get yourself a bike soon, its so fun...........:yes: then get yourself a mentor and youll be away..enjoy!!

R6_kid
31st January 2007, 10:00
stay away from me, im nothing but trouble... honestly i am!

Welcome to the site, dont be affraid to ask questions and most of all dont take ANYBODY too seriously!

Disco Dan
31st January 2007, 10:05
stay away from me, im nothing but trouble... honestly i am!

yeah hes right ;) lotsa trouble there... :innocent: hehe

...me on the other hand....:shutup: :shutup: :shutup: :shutup:

Macktheknife
31st January 2007, 10:21
Welcome to KB, it is crazy in here!

Devil
31st January 2007, 11:14
Welcome. As MDU said, get hold of some gear. There's plenty of people around here who'd be happy to take you pillion. :scooter:

gijoe1313
31st January 2007, 11:36
Dang, all the people mentioning how wrong the title for this thread got me thinking... :doh:

I just thought it was having a chicken ready to be processed - damn inner ricer coming out (that and 25 years in a bleedy bluddy chinese fush'n'chup shop!) :doh: :doh:

Must increase my perversion threshold index parameters ... :innocent:

Chickadee
31st January 2007, 11:44
Welcome aboard Curious AJ,

Hope you get some wheels soon. There's a girls ride on the 10th of Feb which is probably too soon for you if you've nothing to ride yet! Lots of learner friendly rides (check out Club 250 when you get a bike).

Lots of nice folks and nice but slightly nutty ones too.

Enjoy!

Cheers
Chickadee/Christine

Lteejay
31st January 2007, 13:16
Welcome aboard Curious :yes: You wont know what your missing until you get a bike. Must hurry, summer wont be around for long:sunny: And yes, watch out for the nutters, its always much more fun when their around :shutup:

Rossi Gal
31st January 2007, 18:09
Are you bi any chance curious too?? :mellow:
Curious about what luf?? whether or not you're slow?? no, not at all...I know you are..;)

elle-f
31st January 2007, 18:13
:laugh: @ the bi comments......welcome to the nuthouse!

boomer
31st January 2007, 19:30
Is it just me or is this thread title just so wrong?

yes.. but my subtle innuendo's are wasted..well Elle33f got it ;)

:laugh: @ the bi comments......welcome to the nuthouse!

Curious about what luf?? whether or not you're slow?? no, not at all...I know you are..;)

See above :p.. i just like riding behind you thats all.. i'm not slow ;)

McJim
31st January 2007, 19:30
Surprised no-one else said it - I assume that you are bike curious by your name.

how long before you get bored of that name and ask spankme to change it?

Welcome byraway.

Maha
31st January 2007, 19:41
Tis a colourful place....Welcome

Curious_AJ
31st January 2007, 22:04
for those of you with the bi comments,, thanks im flattered.. haha.. anyways... my name is just like curious george ... the monkey... just so happens that it fits so many different things...

and as for the girly ride 10th of feb s waay to early!! im not that rich yet either! so it may take a while unless i rob a bank!

anyways... send me messages or something peepoooolz!!

hehe..oh and for Indy i just want to say you had better help me or so help you god! i will forbid your privelages!!

bobsmith
31st January 2007, 22:11
i rob a bank!

anyways... send me messages or something peepoooolz!!

Ummm... if you want help robbing a bank, you should really keep it out of a public forum...

Hmm.....

that is what this thread is about isn't it?

..... :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

Hmmm I'm gussing indy is the evil man that's been suggesting GN250 to you? Get the fxr150 you know you want to (or just get a screaming inline four then you only have to upgrade once before your full licence)

Curious_AJ
31st January 2007, 22:17
yes well indy and magua both have been doing that... they are the ones that made the bike bug bite harder ... and so made me join kb, really.

and fxr .. yes.. i have had a go on indy's fxr ... its HUGE ... im only small lol... so probably no

and no this is not about robbing a bank... but if it helps then sure =P

BuFfY
31st January 2007, 22:39
Welcome along. I guess you wont find it too mad seen as you spend most of your time with Indy!!

Great to see another girl on the site :) and one born on an awesome day!!

Curious_AJ
1st February 2007, 08:49
haha, mad... this isnt mad at all! I should know, im a crazy too! WEEEEEEEEEE! *explodes*

and thanks for the welcome muchly appreciated! ^_^

Indiana_Jones
1st February 2007, 09:21
hehe..oh and for Indy i just want to say you had better help me or so help you god! i will forbid your privelages!!

ouch.

-Indy

Curious_AJ
1st February 2007, 09:34
ouch.

hehe :Punk:

Indiana_Jones
1st February 2007, 09:35
Little does she know, she is the one getting the privelages.

-Indy

R6_kid
1st February 2007, 09:37
i guess as long as indy knows your on the block then he wont mind the rest of us... he doesnt seem to be to angry about it either.

Little does she know, she is the one getting the privelages.

-Indy

if she's on the block im sure she'll know about it soon enough!

Curious_AJ
1st February 2007, 09:38
HAH! He lies.

i wonder how much ill get back from selling my useless junk...

Curious_AJ
1st February 2007, 10:09
hardy har...

im bored... and i just got a huge fat letter telling me how much i owe for my course... wow... sudden mood drop!! lol!

crash harry
1st February 2007, 10:26
yes well indy and magua both have been doing that... they are the ones that made the bike bug bite harder ... and so made me join kb, really.

and fxr .. yes.. i have had a go on indy's fxr ... its HUGE ... im only small lol... so probably no

and no this is not about robbing a bank... but if it helps then sure =P

Even if an FXR is too tall for you, my comments in the other thread still stand, Friends don't let friends buy GN250s.

If you're short (which is what I guess you mean) look at virago 250s. THey're great for people with short legs, and they're fun to ride. Just ask Crashe, she'll tell you how good they are!

Disco Dan
1st February 2007, 15:22
great for people with short legs, and they're fun to ride. Just ask Crashe, she'll tell you how good they are!

*must get mind out of gutter*

*resist! :shutup: :shutup: :shutup: *

Curious_AJ
1st February 2007, 15:29
haha... minds must be kept out of gutters if you put it into that context!

hmm i guess ill be adding that to my list because yes, i am short...

but no matter how much you guys dislike GN's im going to check it out anyways...

(ps. i do like cruisers):Punk:

Disco Dan
1st February 2007, 15:33
haha... minds must be kept out of gutters if you put it into that context!

hmm i guess ill be adding that to my list because yes, i am short...

but no matter how much you guys dislike GN's im going to check it out anyways...

(ps. i do like cruisers):Punk:

:slap: :slap: :slap:

Curious_AJ
1st February 2007, 16:46
Dan... i have 2 words for you :yes:

one goes something like Fuck... and the other one is Off *runs away!!*

Curious_AJ
1st February 2007, 16:55
ive said it before and ill say it again, its like curious george curious... im not that far from the ape line! look i have hair on my knuckles and calouses from dragging them on the ground! *hobbles away like a chimpanzee on 2 legs*

Terminated
1st February 2007, 16:58
Welcome aboard.
Heads Up and Enjoy

gijoe1313
1st February 2007, 17:01
And now for something completely different...

Oh wait, this is KB :slap:

Don't worry about a bike not fitting you, you'll grow into it and when it's time you'll upgrade...hmmm sounds like the hand-me-downs older siblings give to their younger ones :lol:

Worse comes to worse, get some platform heel boots made? :scratch:

*wanders away in his usual stupor and madcap expression*

That's all folks!:crazy:

Curious_AJ
1st February 2007, 17:04
pfft... grow into it... is that something that happens to people? do bikes make you grow? *innocent, childlike face*

no luck with that since i was 12 lol.. and as for the boots... hmm.. could be an idea... rofl!

Ixion
1st February 2007, 17:39
The GN250 is an excellent introduction to motorcycling. Cheap reliable simple forgiving. I do not think that anyone can go far wrong with a GN for a first machine. How long you may wish to keep the GN before moving on will vary from person to person. But both wonership and the eventual exchange are cheap and painless. And by the time that an exchange is warranted you will have a much better idea of where yur two wheel proclivities lie.

Curious_AJ
1st February 2007, 17:47
The GN250 is an excellent introduction to motorcycling. Cheap reliable simple forgiving. I do not think that anyone can go far wrong with a GN for a first machine.

thank you... thats the kind of thing im looking for :yes: :scooter:

ill go for the flash when i know its pretty face wont be bashed by my goofy learner rider syndrome!

Colapop
1st February 2007, 17:53
Gidday Darling. You and me should get to know each other - just to piss Indy off! He tells me things you see, makes comments he maybe shouldn't make you see, could be worth your while to know these things you see? He's scared of me - more now that I have a direct portal to communicate with you through.

Muahahaha! This is delicious. She wants to know things and he wants me not to tell her... Hmm wonder where the bidding will stop?

Welcome anyway - don't buy a FXR from Indy!!

Nasty
1st February 2007, 18:23
Heya is good to see ya around .. :)

Curious_AJ
1st February 2007, 20:11
Heya is good to see ya around .. :)

thanks you =)

and as for the knowing of things... i want to know! i have more to offer :yes: yeeeeesss...

Rosie
2nd February 2007, 08:23
I would agree on not getting something pretty to learn on. You have enough things to think about when you are learning, without the extra stress of potentially damaging all that scratchable, expensive plastic.
My bike is gorgeous, and I love it, but I suspect that it would have been easier when I was starting out if I had a slightly rattier bike. And I think you're going to love your first bike no matter what it looks like.

I wouldn't worry too much about people's dire predictions of the top speeds a lot of learner bikes can manage. 100-110km/h seems like warp factor 9 when you are learning, so (initially at least), it's kind of academic whether the bike will go faster than that or not. Especially once you discover that quiet twisty little back roads are generally more pleasant to ride than busy, straight main highways.

Terminated
2nd February 2007, 08:48
The GN250 is an excellent introduction to motorcycling. Cheap reliable simple forgiving. I do not think that anyone can go far wrong with a GN for a first machine. How long you may wish to keep the GN before moving on will vary from person to person. But both wonership and the eventual exchange are cheap and painless. And by the time that an exchange is warranted you will have a much better idea of where yur two wheel proclivities lie.

Spot on Ixion. I got Golf November Two Five Zero last May and next week it goes in for its 12,000km service. The only significant warranty issue was the speedometer housing/gearing that had to be replaced. The bike has been used for pure recreational riding and never left out in the wet. I had never ridden before and the GN250 was a very good starting bike.

Curious A J - here is my riding log to give you an idea of how I approached my learning to ride and new found pleasure.
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=30010

And Ixion has said back in May when I bought the bike;

Congratulations on a remarkably sensible and mature approach to the task of learning to ride.:first:

I predict that you will enjoy many many years of safe motorcycling!:ride: :2thumbsup

This thread ought to be made a sticky for other learners , on "how to go about it"
:yes:

EDIT: Ah, I checked your profile and saw your age, and background. I guess that explains it, still an approach well worthy of emulation

Heads Up and Enjoy

xwhatsit
2nd February 2007, 11:27
Haven't come back to this thread for a while -- are the GN250 bashers here? Ginnys are actually quite pretty -- when I first expressed interest in biking, I briefly looked at a GN250 but decided against it because the Honda I bought looked like more fun. However the girlfriend was very keen on me getting a GN250, thought they were a very attractive bike -- as do many people. Some bikers make fun of them, mainly because of the `mine is bigger than yours' syndrome, and the fact they're so ubiquitous. I rode one -- very easy bike to ride, very comfortable and neutral.

Never overlook the fact, also, that you'll have more horsepower than Indy. That's gotta be worth something :D

Belezza nera
2nd February 2007, 15:36
Hey!

I'm new on the block too - I just signed up today in fact! I LOVE riding my bike - I think more chicks should do it... better than chocolate ha ha
;)

Belezza nera

bugjuice
2nd February 2007, 15:44
howdy doody to all de ;)

As a first step you could get in touch with someone on here about riding on the back of the bike before you invest in one of your own...

always on offer.. :o

Curious_AJ
5th February 2007, 19:23
haha, yeah, having more horsepower than indy would be awesome... but all in all i think he would be proud of me... that is until i surpass him in riding and rub it in his face ^_^

W00t!

Deano
5th February 2007, 19:27
A new chickie on the block - you're bound to make a LOT of new friends here doll.

Good to see your sign in is 'Curious AJ', and not 'Furious BJ', or I bet this thread would clog the forum with eager replies.

Anyway, don't take anything I say too seriously. Welcome to KB.

Curious_AJ
5th February 2007, 19:53
lolz, thank you. I dont take what most people say seriously around here, if i did i think i would have left by now! haha! and friends indeed... its quite scary ... lol

Colapop
5th February 2007, 20:19
I'll protect you

Curious_AJ
5th February 2007, 20:41
yay! ... but im not so sure SOMEONE would like that =P

Rossi Gal
6th February 2007, 11:42
I'll protect you
Uh oh...RUN!!!!

Curious_AJ
6th February 2007, 20:46
ROFL yes that may be a wise idea... ooh ooh i played tourist trophy today :D
me likey!!! im getting the hang of it too (considering its only like the 4th time playing a bike game ever)
aah, funz!

Rubbergirl
8th February 2007, 00:39
ROFL yes that may be a wise idea... ooh ooh i played tourist trophy today :D
me likey!!! im getting the hang of it too (considering its only like the 4th time playing a bike game ever)
aah, funz!

welcome welcome :yes:

Colapop
8th February 2007, 08:05
yay! ... but im not so sure SOMEONE would like that =P
HE'LL like - I'll tell him so!

You're out of luck anyway - according his email he's in love (he's got a g/f)
--------email excerpt-------

Sent: Thursday, 8 February 2007 9:00 a.m.
To: Colapop
Subject: RE: 3120023

With my lovely g/f

Sent: Thursday, 8 February 2007 9:01 a.m.
To: Mr X

With what?

Cause. I'm in love!!!!!!!!

Sent: Thursday, 8 February 2007 8:58 a.m.

Why is that?

Sent: Thursday, 8 February 2007 8:57 a.m.

Well I'm happy in someways

Curious_AJ
8th February 2007, 19:39
HE'LL like - I'll tell him so!

You're out of luck anyway - according his email he's in love (he's got a g/f)
--------email excerpt-------

With my lovely g/f

Sent: Thursday, 8 February 2007 9:01 a.m.

With what?

Cause. I'm in love!!!!!!!!

Sent: Thursday, 8 February 2007 8:58 a.m.

Why is that?

Sent: Thursday, 8 February 2007 8:57 a.m.

Well I'm happy in someways

well... if you and i are talking about the same person, those emails would be about me :P, so that solves the problem dont it ^_^
but if not.. then... he doesnt matter coz i have my own loverly bf teeheez