PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki GSX250 vs Honda VTR250

N1CK
31st January 2007, 18:05
Thinking of upgrading from my FXR150 (looking for a bit more speed for some longer rides).
And I was mabey thinking of one of these two bikes - Suzuki GSX250 or Honda VTR250.
Hoping I could get some peoples thoughts on which bike is better overal.

Meanie
31st January 2007, 18:12
Hi Nick welcome to kber
I will watch your post with interest because my wife wants a bike and i am wondering what to buy her
I like the look of the Suzuki but looks arnt everything

toymachine
31st January 2007, 18:24
Really different bikes really.

Gsx will be (i think? or feel) down on power over the VTR, as it is really quite heavy and a parallel twin. However it is faired so may be more comfy on the longer rides?

The VTR being a vtwin has a fair bit of torque (fair being relative, it is a 250), however being naked there may be a comfort issue...

i'd suggest ride both, but my gut feeling is the VTR will be the more 'fun' and inspire you to be a little more naughty then the gsx would.

McJim
31st January 2007, 18:30
Most people will either have ridden a GSX or a VTR. Few will have ridden both.

I tried a GSX briefly but found it too heavy and cumbersome after the VTR.

If it's looks not performance then you'd be hard pushed to go past the Hyosung GT250R.

I wish Honda would listen to the public (or even ask us!) and create a VTR250 with clip ons and full fairing. Then there would be no contest. Unfortunately there aren't enough countries with a 250cc Learner restriction to make it a profitable market so they don't pay attention.

avgas
31st January 2007, 18:58
VTR is definetly a better bike - but i dont think they are $6K new....unlike the GSX

Fub@r
31st January 2007, 23:08
If it's looks not performance then you'd be hard pushed to go past the Hyosung GT250R.

Do I spy a Hyosung compliment? :)

Mr. Peanut
1st February 2007, 07:47
VTR is a far better machine. Personally, I'd run the FXR into the ground and get a bigger bike.

Meekey_Mouse
1st February 2007, 14:34
Hey, I've owned a GSX... never ridden a VTR. Unless you were wanting to do a lot of long distance stuff I would say that the VTR would be better. But by all means take them both for a ride and find out which one you like best :)

Jas

MidnightMike
1st February 2007, 14:58
GO THE GSX!!! Not that im biased or anything......

N1CK
1st February 2007, 14:59
Thanks for your comments guys.