PDA

View Full Version : Tyre warmers

Mort
31st January 2007, 21:12
Just wondering - do many people use tyre warmers on tracks days in NZ - I used to a lot in the UK... and they are great... just wondered if they were widely used here too ...

:rockon:

Keystone19
31st January 2007, 21:35
Not many people seem to use tyre warmers at track days here. It seems that it is mostly those who race who use tyre warmers at track days as well.

I use them at track days and for racing - mainly to extend the use of the tyres at track days (oh, and so I can give the boys on their big bikes the learn in the first lap or two before they realise I'm on a 650...:devil2:)

GIXser
31st January 2007, 22:14
Not many people seem to use tyre warmers at track days here. It seems that it is mostly those who race who use tyre warmers at track days as well.

I use them at track days and for racing - mainly to extend the use of the tyres at track days (oh, and so I can give the boys on their big bikes the learn in the first lap or two before they realise I'm on a 650...:devil2:)

Aha....:mellow:

DEATH_INC.
2nd February 2007, 14:48
Aha....:mellow:
Yep, only girls use warmers.... :Pokey:

Clivoris
4th February 2007, 15:00
I borrowed a set for the first time yesterday. Life will never be the same again. I definitely need some. The confidence gains are worth it alone and the extended tyre life is a bonus. Check out tyrewarmers.co.nz . Local racers providing a good product that they use themselves. Oh, they're my mates too and KBrs. No I'm not on commission.