PDA

View Full Version : Girlie tip of the day

klingon
2nd February 2007, 12:29
When you've been working on your bike, get the grime off your hands with exfoliating facial scrub! Then you don't smell like swarfega for the rest of the day... you smell like apricots instead :love:

Any of those cleansers that contain the little scrubby beads or ground-up scrubby stuff would do. I used Dove "gentle exfoliating daily facial cleanser" and it worked really well (it's also not too expensive and available at the supermarket.)

The_Dover
2nd February 2007, 12:31
When you've been working on your bike, get the grime off your hands with exfoliating facial scrub! Then you don't smell like swarfega for the rest of the day... you smell like apricots instead :love:

Any of those cleansers that contain the little scrubby beads or ground-up scrubby stuff would do. I used Dove "gentle exfoliating daily facial cleanser" and it worked really well (it's also not too expensive and available at the supermarket.)

Vicky uses Dover's "gentle exfoliating daily facial ", it works really well.

and it's free.

bistard
2nd February 2007, 12:38

and it's free.

Yes,just pump this special applicator & aim!!

bert_is_evil
2nd February 2007, 12:44

and it's free.

If it exfoliates you might want to see a Dr

klingon
2nd February 2007, 12:45
*sigh* boys! So predictable but we love 'em anyway

ManDownUnder
2nd February 2007, 12:54
If it exfoliates you might want to see a Dr

'pends how fast it comes out...

*sigh* boys! So predictable but we love 'em anyway

yeah... I know... and we're grateful

ManDownUnder
2nd February 2007, 12:55
Washing your hair will degrease that little bit left on your hands too...

Works really well and often cleans under the fingernails.

_Gina_
2nd February 2007, 14:24

and it's free.
Oh, come on....

u4ea
2nd February 2007, 14:29
I"ve got to go out and grease the chain soon..........think I'll just wipe my hands on my leathers..........thanx any way!!!!!!!!!..............:shutup:

spookytooth
2nd February 2007, 14:32
Just eat some K fried takes off most engine grease

vifferman
2nd February 2007, 14:40
Just eat some K fried takes off most engine grease
But wouldn't it leave a nasty chickeny residue? :sick:

I have several pairs of gloves for different bike jobs: latex, vinyl, and mechanics glubs. But I often can't be bothered using them so I get growled at.

yungatart
2nd February 2007, 15:18
I"ve got to go out and grease the chain soon..........think I'll just wipe my hands on my leathers..........thanx any way!!!!!!!!!..............:shutup:

Or you could try dishwashing liquid and sugar - works a treat!

Busy
2nd February 2007, 21:55
Jif or washing (clothes) powder, are scented as well ...

The trick with Jif is to wet your hands, place a small bit on your hand, wipe in until dry then add a dribble of water then it really soaps up and gets the stubborn dirt off, then wash off.

Don't get either in your eyes

NotaGoth
2nd February 2007, 23:11
I just make my boyfriend fiddle with the dirty bits... And if I get anything on me I just whipe my hands on him......

klingon
6th February 2007, 20:21
I just make my boyfriend fiddle with the dirty bits... And if I get anything on me I just whipe my hands on him......

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Fat Tony
6th February 2007, 20:29
I just make my boyfriend fiddle with the dirty bits...

Looks like you've switched the 'my' and 'the' around? :msn-wink:

NotaGoth
7th February 2007, 04:03
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You're :sick: !!!!

bert_is_evil
7th February 2007, 07:51
You're :sick: !!!!

Oh come on, that was too easy

Viking Steven Poulson
12th March 2007, 10:50
Well after years of oily greasy hands we discovered a solution it lays on the side of Lake Taupo it is a substance called pumus it is washed up at Lake Taupo regulary but just watch out for the local natives cause they think it is theirs

ManDownUnder
12th March 2007, 10:58
I just make the boyfriend fiddle with my dirty bits... And if I get anything in me I just whipe my hands of him......

hoo that's nasty - you been taking lessons from Dan?

ManDownUnder
12th March 2007, 10:59
Well after years of oily greasy hands we discovered a solution it lays on the side of Lake Taupo it is a substance called pumus it is washed up at Lake Taupo regulary but just watch out for the local natives cause they think it is theirs

it is theirs... and so are the other rocks. Should you pick any up you're obliged to thrown them to anyone requesting them back.

NotaGoth
12th March 2007, 11:10
hoo that's nasty - you been taking lessons from Dan?

My partners names Dan..... So maybe......!!!

MyGSXF
12th March 2007, 11:10
Or you could try dishwashing liquid and sugar - works a treat!

Yep.. :yes: works every time!!!! :Punk:

idleidolidyll
12th March 2007, 11:15
I just make my boyfriend fiddle with the dirty bits...

what can i say except 'lucky boyfriend'

NotaGoth
12th March 2007, 11:19
what can i say except 'lucky boyfriend'

Actually he's quite unlucky... As mum always said... "I'll apologize to anyone who ends up with you.." Says it all...

elle-f
15th March 2007, 05:27

*Claiming Pumus*:laugh:

Meekey_Mouse
15th March 2007, 10:58

:Oi: Give me back my pumus :nono: :oi-grr:

:laugh: :stupid:

Lissa
15th March 2007, 14:09
I have a girly tip... when you drop your glove make sure your arm is well away from the muffler when you go to pick it up... cause it burns like hell!! And if you do it once, learn your lesson and dont do it again. :mellow:

:stupid:

elle-f
15th March 2007, 14:27
that pumus is MINE

and girly tip to keep on topic.........when you put on lipstick - make sure that your helmet is off OR the visor is up.

thank you
elle

bert_is_evil
15th March 2007, 14:29
Don't sneeze with your visor shut, it's yucky

Lissa
15th March 2007, 14:37
When you get off bike, pull baggy pants up, plumbers bum is not sexy!!

bert_is_evil
15th March 2007, 15:15
If you wear some sort of neck sock to hold your hair inside your jacket you won't end up with the ends of your hair in dreds
edit - I'm not talking about armpit hair

Meekey_Mouse
15th March 2007, 15:26
that pumus is MINE
thank you
elle

Haha, I've lived in Taupo since I was 2 yrs old and still live here!

If you wear some sort of neck sock to hold your hair inside your jacket you won't end up with the ends of your hair in dreds
edit - I'm not talking about armpit hair

That's a brilliant idea!

Just wondering.. do other chicks find riding with mascara on a bad idea?

I find eyelashes keep falling into my eyes then i rub them and get panda eyes <_<

Panther
15th March 2007, 15:31
ha ha ha its like you have to train yourself to not touch your eyes when you're wearing eye make up, no matter how much it itches!

Meekey_Mouse
15th March 2007, 15:34
ha ha ha its like you have to train yourself to not touch your eyes when you're wearing eye make up, no matter how much it itches!

Sorry, Not trying to steal the thread!

But I find if I ride with mascara on eyelashes are more likely to fall into my eyes :mellow: I'd rather have panda eyes then not be able too see properly. Could it just be the brand of mascara I use??

bert_is_evil
15th March 2007, 15:36
You could try some of that "lash extending" stuff that sets like cement.

Panther
15th March 2007, 15:43
Sorry, Not trying to steal the thread!

But I find if I ride with mascara on eyelashes are more likely to fall into my eyes :mellow: I'd rather have panda eyes then not be able too see properly. Could it just be the brand of mascara I use??

try getting your eyelashes tinted instead. its only about 12 bucks and looks good for ages, and saves time in the mornings, and no more panda eyes. i like blue black tint.

what brand are you using?

bert_is_evil
15th March 2007, 15:47
I tint my own as I wear contacts, strictly speaking you aren't supposed to but if you're really careful not to drop any in your eye you're fine - you can get the tint from the pharmacy for about $20 a pack and it lasts for years 'cause you use so little each time.

Panther
15th March 2007, 15:54
wow i'd be scared to do that, it hurts when it gets in your eyes!

bert_is_evil
15th March 2007, 15:56
true, I got some in my eye once and it hurt like hell, have been far more careful since then!

elle-f
16th March 2007, 06:08
Girly Tip of the day...........now, this might apply to some BUT when you are on your bike make sure your pants cover the g string - its not sexy seeing that little piece of *string* up above..........

have a wonderful day all :laugh:

Trudes
16th March 2007, 06:14
Ohhhh, I've only just caught this thread, and now that I've finished laughing at Elle, I'll think of some good tips for ya!! Oh, and tinting the eyelashes is good, I use a product called '1000 hour lash colour', is pretty good.

Grahameeboy
16th March 2007, 06:33
Girly Tip of the day...........now, this might apply to some BUT when you are on your bike make sure your pants cover the g string - its not sexy seeing that little piece of *string* up above..........

Commando style would solve that I guess?

bert_is_evil
16th March 2007, 07:12

I see the golden arches!

Ms Piggy
16th March 2007, 07:15
I see the golden arches!

I believe the correct terminology is "whales tail".

Another product that is excellent for getting grease off your hands is washing powder - if you have any cuts on your hands it'll sting but it definitely gets the grease off.

KATWYN
16th March 2007, 07:18
I see the golden arches!

:laugh: thats funny

Panther
16th March 2007, 10:33

ahem ladies behind the eight ball, thats why you wear your back protector with your jacket and jeans, so it stickes down far enough to cover your crack :dodge:

bert_is_evil
16th March 2007, 10:36
I'd be a bit worries about riding around with pants so low my crack is showing, or perhaps people are just pulling their G strings up too high? ouchies

Deano
16th March 2007, 10:38

You still talking about bikes and grease ?

SDU
16th March 2007, 11:56
Just wondering.. do other chicks find riding with mascara on a bad idea?
I find eyelashes keep falling into my eyes then i rub them and get panda eyes <_<

I have to laugh when on cold mornings I arrive at work with a bit of a grunge look after the tears leave a streak of mascara (yeah it is waterproof) down my cheeks -not a good look with the clients :nono:
I know I should shut my lid at high speeds.

Oh yeah a kidney belt helps cover the butt crack if ya jacket isn't long enough when worn with da jeans

mstriumph
16th March 2007, 12:04

it's worse if you are wearing draggin jeans [do you get them over in NZ or is it just Aus? - jeans with knitted kevlar in the seat and knees etc .... leave a VERY odd pattern stamped into your rear when you've had a few hours riding ... - but i digress :shutup: ] ...... the womens' draggins are cut sort of shortish in the rear [or it could be the result of the kevlar] and tend to pull down when you lean forward ........ i've taken to wearing a shirt with the tail untucked to cover my - erm - dignity :yes:

Lissa
16th March 2007, 13:42
I tint my own as I wear contacts, strictly speaking you aren't supposed to but if you're really careful not to drop any in your eye you're fine - you can get the tint from the pharmacy for about $20 a pack and it lasts for years 'cause you use so little each time.

Oh wow, never knew that .. thanks might try some.

I dont have a problem with my g-strings showing in draggin Jeans, they are quite a high cut, and even though a small size still a little baggy... but who knows what I look like from behind.. elle you wanna take a picture. :shutup:

T-Thunder13
16th March 2007, 17:43
i think ive learnt more in the girls forum than anywhere else! intriguing ladys, really.....Tell us more.:whistle:

Jantar
16th March 2007, 21:23

Yes it is..... Especially if following. :yes:

scumdog
16th March 2007, 21:41
I'd be a bit worries about riding around with pants so low my crack is showing, or perhaps people are just pulling their G strings up too high? ouchies

Hah! At least it shows you ARE wearing some form of underwear....

MikeyG
17th March 2007, 16:54
Dishwashing liquid works real well on greasy hands. Says tough on grease, mild on hands right on the bottle.

As for the mascara thing none of you lot need make-up. A smile makes a girl way more attractive than any amount of that crap.

judecatmad
17th March 2007, 17:33
Here's my tip of the day....

If you find yourself sliding along the ground due to some inattention on a wet corner, try to remember (if at all possible) to protect one's boobs.

Cos when they hit the ground with no arm protecting them....FUCK it hurts and you end up with funny colours all over them!

If you have time to take it into consideration of course.....LOL

(see my other current thread if you want details as to why I now have a sore right boob....)

Nasty
17th March 2007, 18:20
Jude .. read the other thread and the Grub thinks they need to build in some protection on girls jackets for the boob area .. wouldn't work for me I wear a blokes one :)

judecatmad
17th March 2007, 18:22
Jude .. read the other thread and the Grub thinks they need to build in some protection on girls jackets for the boob area .. wouldn't work for me I wear a blokes one :)

Yeah, me too.....no girlie sizes fit me! (not in bike gear anyway)

Trudes
17th March 2007, 21:18
Oh bling for MikeyG for saying such nice things! (and that from someone who has actually sighted most of us at one point or another, usually with helmet hair and bugged face!)

Trudes
17th March 2007, 21:22
Oh and talking of boobs....
Never stand on the ladies tee when your husband is teeing off on the mens tee!! (I actually do have photos to prove, (but none of yas are seeing my boobies (today)) massive bruise and that was through my hand that naturally went up to cover said area!):shit:

SDU
19th March 2007, 12:39
Ouch Jude, hope you heal fast.

TIP: For boob protection there are soft chest protecters/ body armour- if you are lucky your local dirtbike shop might even have girl ones in stock.
I have a chest protecter & it has taken the sting out of the branches that have slapped me there.

judecatmad
19th March 2007, 12:55
Ouch Jude, hope you heal fast.

TIP: For boob protection there are soft chest protecters/ body armour- if you are lucky your local dirtbike shop might even have girl ones in stock.
I have a chest protecter & it has taken the sting out of the branches that have slapped me there.

They're unlikely to do them in my size unfortunately. Someone, at some point, decided that fat chicks weren't supposed to ride - and forced us into a life of men's riding gear! :(

I've never been more humiliated than when I went to the Yamaha shop in Upper Hutt and was sent into the (men's) toilets to try on the biggest women's gear they had, only to have to come out and say that it wasn't even close to fitting. And having the guy there look in the catalogue and work out that that was as big as the ranges went to.....

I don't really try any more, not unless I absolutely have to. I stick to the guy's stuff and work from the biggest size down. Somehow it's less humiliating.

I'm already in men's 2xl jacket and pants - and the pants really aren't big enough so, if and when I replace my knackered gear, I'll be going for 3xl. How bad is that????

There are some really impressive bruises coming out at the moment - shame I can't show and tell cos they are doozies!!!

bert_is_evil
19th March 2007, 13:11
I couldn't find a womens jacket that felt right as they were all too short in the arms and body (and most looked a bit naff) so I end up getting a mens one which I love (I think it's in my profile pic). I don't think you can even tell I'm a chick though when I've got it on as there's no contour on the front.
or perhaps it's not because of the cut of the jacket.

Trudes
19th March 2007, 13:16
I wear guys stuff too luv, most of the chicks stuff either never fits right or is pink or baby blue (spew). I've ordered a pair of sports pants from Quasi and did custom measure to fit over my boots, so will let you'll know what they're like when I get them.:yes:

Panther
19th March 2007, 13:49
Quasi does do made to measure chicks leathers, i was gonna get some but the vengence leather jacket fitted really well, and when i decided to go sliding along on my front without the bike it left me bruise free!

although there are now funny boob shaped stuff marks on the front of my jacket :o

SDU
19th March 2007, 14:25
... into a life of men's riding gear! :(

Well my gear is mens too!. The mx protector I have is mens & it looks like I'm wearing a gridiron players shoulder pads with a flat plate attached. The chicks gear is slowly filtering into the market now but not all of us can afford to buy the gear all over again, will have to wreck the lot I have first:innocent:

I wear guys stuff too luv, most of the chicks stuff either never fits right or is pink or baby blue (spew). I've ordered a pair of sports pants from Quasi and did custom measure to fit over my boots, so will let you'll know what they're like when I get them.:yes:

I hear ya I do! :sick:
But in saying that there has been one gal jacket I've seen (pricey) that is nice, is long enough that is not pink or florally but I'm not so sure about the stretch panels that allow you to move in the fitting leather style. Love the zip out lining that they have in them tho.

Sis
19th March 2007, 20:11
although there are now funny boob shaped stuff marks on the front of my jacket :o

This must be "getting a boob down" which is more difficult to do than getting a knee down...therefore you must be a really great rider:innocent:

The boys can't do that!:dodge:

peasea
19th March 2007, 21:05
Washing your hair will degrease that little bit left on your hands too...

Works really well and often cleans under the fingernails.

You can also do the dishes, knead bread and push nappies into the napisan! Immaculate nails!

terrygurl
20th March 2007, 07:23
that pumus is MINE

and girly tip to keep on topic.........when you put on lipstick - make sure that your helmet is off OR the visor is up.

thank you
elle

I'm from Taupo ways so it's actually mine!.... and LMAO... Lipstick.... hehehehehe.. why put it on when it'll get smudged anyways? lol....

elle-f
21st March 2007, 07:40
Girly Tip of the Day....

If for some reason you are wearing stilettos on your bike - try not to use them as brakes because it will ruin the heels.

Thank you
Elle

Trudes
21st March 2007, 09:29
Elle, the mental image of you in stilettos is killing me!!:killingme

MyGSXF
21st March 2007, 09:51
My girlie tip for the day is....

SMILE.. it makes people wonder what you're up to... :innocent:

Jimmy B
21st March 2007, 10:04
Much has been written here with respect to girlie tips and it is all good advice. I would like to add that true happiness starts at home and due consideration should be given to your significant others.

Ladies, in order to achieve domestic harmony you should:

1. Cook him a nice meal
2. Always wear a dress with flowers on it

:gob:

Trudes
21st March 2007, 10:09
So I'm a lucky bitch ain't I, as the domestic bliss in my home is kept by my hubby cooking me something nice for dinner and NOT wearing my flowery dresses!!

Macktheknife
21st March 2007, 10:09
Much has been written here with respect to girlie tips and it is all good advice. I would like to add that true happiness starts at home and due consideration should be given to your significant others.

1. Cook him a nice meal

Or if you really want to impress....
Show up naked and bring beer! lol
:killingme :killingme :rofl: :rofl:

Jimmy B
21st March 2007, 10:18
So I'm a lucky bitch ain't I, as the domestic bliss in my home is kept by my hubby cooking me something nice for dinner and NOT wearing my flowery dresses!!

Its never too late to change Mrs K, how hairy are his legs?

Lissa
21st March 2007, 10:21

1. Cook him a nice meal

Hmm could turn that one around you know:

1. Cook me a nice meal
2. And give me flowers!

I like MyGSXF's one better!! :D

MyGSXF
21st March 2007, 10:35
Hmm could turn that one around you know:

1. Cook me a nice meal
2. And give me flowers!

I like MyGSXF's one better!! :D

lols.. I have 'my idea' on a badge on my leather jacket..:yes: it gets a lot of comments :shutup:

I toooootally agree with your idea Lissa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Punk:

Scamp
21st March 2007, 18:59
plumbers bum is not sexy!!

My daughter would disagree with you on this one.....as would a few men I know

Str8 Jacket
21st March 2007, 19:34
Dont drink and ride. The alcohol smell lingers in your helmet.

Lissa
21st March 2007, 20:54
My daughter would disagree with you on this one.....as would a few men I know

Yea you are probably right... depends on the bum I suppose. :D

Scamp
22nd March 2007, 15:13
Dont drink and ride. The alcohol smell lingers in your helmet.

I thought it was don't drink and ride cos the chunks are hard to clean off the inside of the visor :sick:

Scamp
22nd March 2007, 15:15
... depends on the bum I suppose. :D

Now that's a fact!! :yes:

SDU
22nd March 2007, 16:12
I thought it was don't drink and ride cos the chunks are hard to clean off the inside of the visor :sick:

While on the subject here's another tip:
In the morning Always make sure that you wait long enough before leaving a rally, that your coffee is going to stay down:sick:

Jimmy B
22nd March 2007, 16:27
Ladies, yesterday I suggested that happiness starts in the home and to further expand on this important topic I have 2 new tips:

1.Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal ready, on time for his return. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him and are concerned about is needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospect of a good meal (especially his favorite dish) is part of the warm welcome needed.

2. Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you'll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people. Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it.

By following these easy guidelines you will soon be on the road to happiness

All the best

JB

Panther
22nd March 2007, 17:37
fuck the 50's housewife shit!

MyGSXF
22nd March 2007, 17:40
My girlie tip for the day is.. to "REMEMBER"!!!!!!

that.. when God made man.. SHE was only joking.... :innocent:

Maha
22nd March 2007, 17:49
My girlie tip for the day is.. to "REMEMBER"!!!!!!

that.. when God made man.. SHE was only joking.... :innocent:

Yea she was funny alright...she could have given men the task of 'having baby's'....'have to shave their legs/armpits'....'periods'...'the urge to shop for a whole day'....shall i go on?....she was a crack up indeed....:yes:

MyGSXF
22nd March 2007, 17:59
Yea she was funny alright...she could have given men the task of 'having baby's'....'have to shave their legs/armpits'....'periods'...'the urge to shop for a whole day'....shall i go on?....she was a crack up indeed....:yes:

maybe.. maybe.. but she compensated us for all that.. & made you lot 1 minute wonders... :shutup:

whereas WE can go AAAALLLL night!!!! :innocent:

Trudes
22nd March 2007, 19:34
Ladies, yesterday I suggested that happiness starts in the home and to further expand on this important topic I have 2 new tips:

1.Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal ready, on time for his return. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him and are concerned about is needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospect of a good meal (especially his favorite dish) is part of the warm welcome needed.

2. Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you'll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people. Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it.

By following these easy guidelines you will soon be on the road to happiness

All the best

JB

Now we know you're takin' the piss!!!

Lissa
22nd March 2007, 21:14
maybe.. maybe.. but she compensated us for all that.. & made you lot 1 minute wonders... :shutup:

whereas WE can go AAAALLLL night!!!! :innocent:hehehehehehehe ;) so true!

doc
22nd March 2007, 21:23

whereas WE can go AAAALLLL night!!!! :innocent:The older I get the faster I wuz.

MyGSXF
22nd March 2007, 21:25
The older I get the faster I wuz.

bugger... :shifty:

doc
22nd March 2007, 21:29
bugger... :shifty:How the hell can you reply so quickly. I'm busy waiting for the page to load and there is a reply before it's finished. You don't cook eggs do you. Bitch

MyGSXF
22nd March 2007, 21:48
How the hell can you reply so quickly. I'm busy waiting for the page to load and there is a reply before it's finished. You don't cook eggs do you. Bitch

:killingme I don't piss around mate!!! :nya:

& in regards to 'cooking eggs'.. :wait: if you would care to refer the the thread below.. :yes: in my reply.. I would say that MY particular egg timer, would however, lead to the said eggs in question.. ending up being solid ferking concrete!!! :gob:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=42687&page=2&highlight=egg+timer

YEAH baby!!! :rockon:

Maha
22nd March 2007, 22:03
whereas WE can go AAAALLLL night!!!! :innocent:

:killingme I don't piss around mate!!! :nya:

So what is it then?....quick or sloooooooooow!....:dodge:

MyGSXF
22nd March 2007, 22:08
So what is it then?....quick or sloooooooooow!....:dodge:

fuck mate.. that was funny.. :2thumbsup just about pissed meself laughin!!! :lol:

& the answer is.... both!!!! :devil2:

doc
22nd March 2007, 22:12
So what is it then?....quick or sloooooooooow!....:dodge: Maha Man have you ever thought of going into politics and sorting the Bitches out ? I will be right behind you but anonymously of course.

Maha
22nd March 2007, 22:16
Maha Man have you ever thought of going into politics and sorting the Bitches out ? I will be right behind you but anonymously of course.

The........SOB party?......kinda like the sound of that....:shutup:

doc
22nd March 2007, 22:31
The........SOB party?......kinda like the sound of that....:shutup: yes if you think so

Jimmy B
23rd March 2007, 10:22
Now we know you're takin' the piss!!!

Too true, but believe it or not this is an extract from a 1950's home economics text. Life must have been great in the 50's. :dodge:

Here's the rest of it:

2. Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives. Gather up schoolbooks, toys, paper, etc. and then run a dustcloth over the tables. Over the cooler months of the year you should prepare and light a fire for him to unwind by. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift too. After all, catering for his comfort will provide you with immense personal satisfaction.

3. Prepare the children. Take a few minutes to wash the children's hands and faces (if they are small), comb their hair, and if necessary, change their clothes. They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the part.

When He Arrives Home
1. Minimize all noise. At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of the washer, dryer or vacuum. Try to encourage the children to be quiet. Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him.

2. Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first -remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours.

3. Make the evening his. Never complain if he comes home late or goes out to dinner, or other places of entertainment without you. Instead try to understand his world of strain and pressure, and his very real need to be at home and relax.

Your goal. Try to make sure your home is a place of peace, order and tranquillity where your husband can renew himself in body and spirit.

Don't greet him with complaints and problems. Don't complain if he's late home for dinner or even if he stays out all night. Count this as minor compared to what he might have gone through
that day.

Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or have him lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him. Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low soothing and pleasant voice.

Don't ask him questions about his actions or question his judgment or integrity. Remember, he is the master of the house and as such will always exercise his will with fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him. A good wife always knows her place

MyGSXF
23rd March 2007, 10:32
believe it or not this is an extract from a 1950's home economics text. Life must have been great in the 50's. :dodge:

:gob: fuck that for a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! :whocares:

A good wife always knows her place

YEAH... out riding her BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scooter: :Punk:

which is what I am off to do right now!!!! tata :bleh:

Jimmy B
23rd March 2007, 10:36
:gob: fuck that for a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! :whocares:

YEAH... out riding her BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scooter: :Punk:

which is what I am off to do right now!!!! tata :bleh:

Well if the weather down your way is half as good as it is here at the moment youll have a great ride, enjoy :yes:

JB

Trudes
23rd March 2007, 10:40
Yeah I reakon, FFS!!!
Although funnily enough, it sounds like how I grew up, how my Dad expected the house to be and children were to be seen and not heard.
No wonder I'm such a Hitler and have trouble with obeying authority!

Jimmy B
23rd March 2007, 10:45
Yeah I reakon, FFS!!!
Although funnily enough, it sounds like how I grew up, how my Dad expected the house to be and children were to be seen and not heard.

deleted see below

Jimmy B
23rd March 2007, 10:46
Yeah I reakon, FFS!!!

Hi Mrs KD, there would have been generations of women raised with these values, I can still see some of that in my Wife's Gran' who is in her mid 90's. Mind you blokes of the time were expected to be Gentlemen in every sense of the word, I know my Grandad certainly was, right to the end and speaking of Hitler, maybe being a prisoner for 4 years gave him a fresh perspective to live by. Time has moved on for both sexes, probably for the best. I wonder what the next 50 years will bring.

Trudes
23rd March 2007, 10:52
You're so right Jimmy, and it's surprising how many women still think they need to be their husband's slaves, sometimes I think men have moved on more than some women in that respect:dodge: , although the repression of women still happens in other countries and I think we kiwi chicks have life pretty sweet, as we have a choice in how we live our lives. :innocent:

mstriumph
23rd March 2007, 12:25
methinks the women they are talking about in that article from "way back then" were women who's ONLY 'job' was keeping house and whose only source of income to provide for themselves and their children was their husband...........

women who's whole education and upbringing had been focused on marriage from a VERY early age and who would have had very few saleable skills to support them if their husband had up and left [and, even if they DID have any such skills, would be selling them in the '50s marketplace where women earned only a fraction of average male earnings]

besides which, divorce in the 1950's carried a stigma which would not only have reflected poorly on the woman but also on her children [... and the school playground can be one of the cruellest places in the world]

slaves can't make waves ....... easy enuff for us to judge by our current day standards - easy, but wrong

the MOST we can do, as Mrs Kendog says, is be thankful that we live in the here and now ...... where we DO have choices

my 2c

Panther
23rd March 2007, 12:41
the consequences of today's 'liberated' society, you know girl power, feminine equality is shown through the dualism of women being the bread winners and running a household and although they may be emancipated from the 50's housewife stereotype is their life actually better?

mstriumph
23rd March 2007, 12:47
only from a philosophical viewpoint on the relative merits of freedom v slavery ........ and this would be negated if a woman has the power to choose between them ?

or are you implying that women now have as little actual useful choice as they did back then? - if so i'd have to agree that that's a valid arguement for many women .........