PDA

View Full Version : Lost key

Seraph
3rd February 2007, 12:34
Well, I have stupidly lost my key and i have no idea where it is, my bike is in the garage so it has to be somewhere on the property I guess but i'll be buggered if i can find it!
What do you do in this situation?? can you get replacement keys??

KLOWN
3rd February 2007, 12:48
yep, call a locksmith to come out and make you some keys up. I think it cost my mate $140 for this to be done on his beemer.

Crazy Steve
3rd February 2007, 12:53
Pull Ignition barrel out..

There will be a number behind it..

Take number to locksmith..they will cutkey to number for $10..

It has to be Ign Barrel as the tank lock and seat lock have three less pins than the Ign Barrel..(Same key but..)

Don't call mobile locksmith they will charge you $140plus and do the same thing you can do yourslef.:)

Crazy Steve

hazzy
3rd February 2007, 13:18

It has to be Ign Barrel as the tank lock and seat lock have three less pins than the Ign Barrel..(Same key but..)

Don't call mobile locksmith they will charge you $140plus and do the same thing you can do yourslef.:)

Crazy Steve

woh that easy, i hope locksmiths make u show some form of ownership, otherwise it'd be too easy for theifs.

Seraph
3rd February 2007, 13:54

Crazy Steve

Cheers guys, just about to go and do that! hope there's a locksmith open today...

Gremlin
3rd February 2007, 18:38
For the future, if you can, you would want to keep the original key safe, and only use copies. I have the original, then 2 copies, and just use a copy permanently.

No good for those with chipped keys, especially with new gixxers... 2 keys, and you have had it :lol:

Seraph
3rd February 2007, 20:28
there were no locksmiths open >.< So right now u can start my bike with a screwdriver...:gob:

Wasp
3rd February 2007, 22:48
right now u can start my bike with a screwdriver...:gob:
Don't loose it :innocent::bleh:

Seraph
10th February 2007, 18:23
dammit!!! the locksmith here says nothing comes up with the code on the barrel :gob: can already see this is gonna cost me a bit.....

Wasp
10th February 2007, 21:46
i dont know anything about it but isnt it as simple as changing the barrel and making a new key to match? shouldnt be toooo much cos i know a few people that get all the locks changed when they buy a new car

Nasty
11th February 2007, 09:17
dammit!!! the locksmith here says nothing comes up with the code on the barrel :gob: can already see this is gonna cost me a bit.....

I know here the only place that does bike keys is Chubb marion street wellington ... maybe the code would come up there .. a thought .... Your local bike shop should be able to help or at least give you an idea of anyone locally who can help.

cynna
11th February 2007, 11:44
are u in the AA - they will send a locksmith out to cut a key for you for free.

a few years ago i lost my falcon keys twice in 2 weeks and got the same locksmith both times. i now make sure i have a couple of spares hidden...............

Midge
18th February 2007, 12:10
Youve prably done it by now but another option is to take the barrel into the locksmith, most of the 140 is for him to come out.

bistard
18th February 2007, 12:17
I assume,the ignition key is the same as the fuel tank??
If so,remove the fuel tank,take it to a lock smith & get him to cut/match a key to the barrell & get a spare while you are there!

ynot slow
26th February 2007, 19:50
anybody out there with a ts or er suzuki and lost ya keys,till you get new barrell or key cut try this,remove headlight as if doing replacement and all wires are inside it,find wires from ignition and pull socket apart,replace light,kickstart and away you go,to stop stall the bike,don't reccomend doing it for long though,also not whilst a cop is nearby,had a job explaining to ignorant cop one day it was my bike and was trying to see if it worked,mate had same model so worked,had key and screwdriver in jacket to show mr plod i was legit,he told me not to be a smart ass,but was thankfull as he'd lost his keys to er 250 that day,got home key was inside lining of his cop jacket,dumbass.

paturoa
26th February 2007, 20:43
anybody out there with a ts or er suzuki and lost ya keys,till you get new barrell or key cut try this,remove headlight as if doing replacement and all wires are inside it,find wires from ignition and pull socket apart,replace light,kickstart and away you go,to stop stall the bike,don't reccomend doing it for long though,also not whilst a cop is nearby,had a job explaining to ignorant cop one day it was my bike and was trying to see if it worked,mate had same model so worked,had key and screwdriver in jacket to show mr plod i was legit,he told me not to be a smart ass,but was thankfull as he'd lost his keys to er 250 that day,got home key was inside lining of his cop jacket,dumbass.

Shouldn't post stuff like this, PM the person direct. Unfortunately some a'holes can read as well as steal bikes.

Shadows
28th February 2007, 00:04
but was thankfull as he'd lost his keys to er 250 that day,got home key was inside lining of his cop jacket,dumbass.

After spending some time turning my house upside down looking for my key not so long ago, I found I had left it in the ignition after the last ride.
I think that qualifies me as even more of a dumbass.

crazybigal
28th February 2007, 07:07
nope they dont!
normally to get the ignition out you need a special shape socket to undo it.
you may find the number on the seat lock but you would have to have the seat off to start with and if you have no key, that wont be so easy!

woh that easy, i hope locksmiths make u show some form of ownership, otherwise it'd be too easy for theifs.

marty
28th February 2007, 07:18
isn't it funny how your keys are always in the last place you think to look?