PDA

View Full Version : Location of fuses?

j_redley
3rd February 2007, 13:23
Right, so Im relativly new to bikes, and car mechanics are far more my thing, so I get the gist of how to work on things, however... Im having alot of trouble locating the fuses on my bike. Iv found the main one, but the rear head lamp, and the dash lights arn't working, and I'm presuming its most likely a fuse. On the kawasaki KR150 where should I start to look for the fuse for that?

madmal64
3rd February 2007, 13:29
By the sounds of things it dont have one!
Try this thread for your answers
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=38689

Welcome to the madhouse BTW

j_redley
3rd February 2007, 14:32
Interesting other thread, but with no other fuse bar the main one - leaves for an interesting predicament. Anyone know if any of the KR models happen to have a fuse box, or should I be looking for another reason the gauge lights and rear headlamp arn't working? The brake light works fine.

Warr
3rd February 2007, 14:54
Interesting other thread, but with no other fuse bar the main one - leaves for an interesting predicament. Anyone know if any of the KR models happen to have a fuse box, or should I be looking for another reason the gauge lights and rear headlamp arn't working? The brake light works fine.
Could be total bollix but you may want to consider...
If the battery is / has been tired often the voltage rises beyond what the "gauge lights and rear headlamp" can continually handle and they finally blow.
Suggest you check the battery voltage with the motor running at all RPM's and see if it goes beyond 14volts or whatever voltage would be a good max.??
It is also possible that the regulator/rectifier maybe part of the problem too.

crashe
3rd February 2007, 15:31
Anyone know if any of the KR models happen to have a fuse box, or should I be looking for another reason the gauge lights and rear headlamp arn't working? The brake light works fine.

Check the bulbs....... they may have blown.

My dash/gauge bulb is tiny and is only a few dollars to replace.

My headlight takes one bulb but does low and full beam.
(If low beam is out then the high beam still works until that blows out.)

Str8 Jacket
3rd February 2007, 16:00
My KR 150 (2001 model) didnt have any fuses.... So it may be the same with yours...

Try replacing your bulb... that alway's happened to me and it was always the bulb. 2 strokes are simple but seem to have minds of their own!

j_redley
3rd February 2007, 17:28
I meant the tail light, Head lamp works fine, as do the brake lights. I'l be checking those other bulbs though. Cheers guys.