PDA

View Full Version : I'm back on the road at 40

princess
5th February 2007, 19:43
:rockon: Greetings to all fellow riders, I'm a old newbie. I started riding bikes at 15, then life did a crazy thing and I brought my first car. However the passion for the open road always stayed with me. I turned 40 last year, and decided I will own another bike. Last weekend my partner and I drove from Papamoa ( Tauranga ) to Wellington, so I could buy my new ( to me ) Suzuki gsx600r. Stu from Wainui if your a member, Thanks so much for the sale, I just love her. I road that bike from Wellinton back to Papamoa in one day. Boy what a ride, I was so incredibly buggerd, sore, tired and so buzzed all in one day, and the whole trip I had my partner following me "just for company" ( it has been 15 yrs since my last bike ) but I guess when the bloods in ya, it's really in ya. It was like being back home. What a way to get to know your bike. Now that I'm back, I would really like to met other riders in my area, for day rides and get togethers on a social level. By the way I'm female so any other girl riders in my area, around my age, who wana hang out on the hiways instead of the cafes, lets hook up.

Grahameeboy
5th February 2007, 19:50
Try UNIT (Formerly Duc Gal)............she has temporarily lost her riding partner!!

Maha
5th February 2007, 19:51
First of all.......Top effort on the ride from Welly to Paps......:Punk:
Second of all.... Welcome to KB and good onya for getting back into bikes....:Punk:
Third of all....(if theres such a thing)... check out the TTNR in 'Meetings'. There you will seek and find some amazing KBers to ride with....:Punk:

Maha
5th February 2007, 19:52
Try UNIT (Formerly Duc Gal)............she has temporarily lost her riding partner!!

Is that like little Bo Peep?.....and doesn't know where to find him?....:dodge:

MidnightMike
5th February 2007, 19:58
Welcome to KB! :rockon:

princess
5th February 2007, 20:04
:yes: Cheers for the welcomes...I'm praying for sunshine tomorrow, hanging to go and play.

saul
5th February 2007, 20:06
Nice first post:yes:

There are some great female riders in this area.:yes: :scooter:

Check out the tga thursday night thread.:innocent: Don't read it from the start though lol.

In fact most of the guys here are good guys also and some are even gentlemen:dodge: :rockon: lo

Has your partner got or getting a bike?

princess
5th February 2007, 20:09
Thanks..My partner's got a hyosung 250rx, just for playing. Bikes are more my thing, he wants the boat.

Colapop
5th February 2007, 20:12
That's alright darling, he can have the boat - go fishing I say... :innocent:

Mom
5th February 2007, 20:14
Welcome to KB! you are in a great area to meet up with some wonderful KB members........(*wisper*just be careful around a few of them) enjoy the 2 wheeled thing, nothing beats it!

MidnightMike
5th February 2007, 20:14
:yes: Cheers for the welcomes...I'm praying for sunshine tomorrow, hanging to go and play.

Lucky you, i cant ride till friday :bye:

princess
5th February 2007, 20:42
:sunny: Thats what I will love summer so much now. Hone from work and still time to fit in a ride. Was the first thing I did tonight. Hope the week goes fst for ya,

elle-f
5th February 2007, 20:48
Nothing like being a kid from 66! You basically did the same thing as me as with the riding early at 15 then giving it up a few years later then getting back on the saddle. It's bloody great fun!

Welcome :)

Keystone19
5th February 2007, 21:44
Welcome to KB! As noted above there are some great female riders in your area. (Some of the blokes are ok too...:dodge:)

If you can cope with another long ride this week we are having a girly ride up here in Auckland on Saturday. Annette (Unit) is hoping to make it up from your area. PM me for details.

Good to hear you rode all the way from Welly - awesome effort!!

Skunk
5th February 2007, 21:47
Welcome to KB.
Post a thread in meetings forum for a ride, that's the quickest way to meet the locals.

Mrs Busa Pete
6th February 2007, 05:31
Is that like little Bo Peep?.....and doesn't know where to find him?....:dodge:

No you idiot see knows where to find him she just can't do anything with him. It might hurt.:love:

shafty
6th February 2007, 06:52
Good on you Princess - you got your grouse weather today! Enjoy!

Nasty
6th February 2007, 07:39
Hey Princess ... welcome aboard .... :) ... sounds like you are having some fun up there.

Shewolf
6th February 2007, 08:07
Welcome back to biking - must be a 40 thing, I too recently got a bike after years away...best thing I ever did. Hope to ride with you sometime when back in the BOP (I'm a Tauranga girl)

chanceyy
6th February 2007, 08:12
yup must be something about being ....

rode my bro's motox bike when i was about 15 pillioned heaps .. & just got a road bike .. had first road ride yesterday even though neither of us a legal yet (just a technicality or two)

hopefully that will be sorted in next few weeks .. then a track day beckons .. & woo hooooo

man I love it

by the way welcome to the site ;)

apteryx_haasti
6th February 2007, 08:18
Welcome along! Enjoy your bike and hope you have a great day today!

princess
6th February 2007, 10:17
Hey shewolf be good to ride with you when you back in the bay. give me a quick reply when your in the area.

klingon
6th February 2007, 16:55
Hiya princess and welcome! :cool:

Have you heard about the Westpac Helicopter charity ride on 11 Feb? (The day after the girlie coffee run) It's a real thrill riding with about a zillion other bikes. If you can make it, bring your partner along & he'll soon be hooked too. :yes:

mud boy
6th February 2007, 17:08
Lucky you, i cant ride till friday :bye:

well i can race till saturday and i can ride my bike till my bithday thats when i get my licence:angry:

Trudes
6th February 2007, 17:22
Hiya and welcome, enjoy the riding and the beaut weather for it!

mstriumph
6th February 2007, 17:56
Hi and welcome, Princess!!!

Sounds as though you have a real dose of the addiction!! :yes:

princess
6th February 2007, 18:02
feels like I've been visiting for years not 2 days. Awesome:yes:
Had a play on the Kaimais this arvo, still getting the feel of things, but hey it's coming back real fast. Still love those corners::innocent: Cant wait for Saturday.:sunny:

mstriumph
6th February 2007, 18:13
mmmmmmm - not suprised

you'll find that this site is ALSO pretty addictive! :yes:

SDU
7th February 2007, 16:17
Welcome to this crazy little place. Great you got yourself a toy to live your passion after all these years. Plenty of 'youngones' here either getting back into the fold or recently starting out. Never too late. :rockon: