PDA

View Full Version : New here, but been lurkin' (Thomas)

Thomas
6th February 2007, 09:35
Hi all, my name is Thomas and I've been riding for about 20-odd years. My wife doesn't ride but she likes bikes and enjoys coming out on the back of mine on occasion. The kids have left home now (thank heavens!) so it's time to get out on the bike a bit more often.

I've been lurking for a while without posting but decided it was time to come on and share my thoughts now and then.

I've met a few of you along the way, so hopefully I'll meet a few more in the future.

Be nice though, I'm new!

chanceyy
6th February 2007, 09:40
hi ya Thomas .. welcome to posting great to see you have graduated from lurking .. & as you can prob see .. dunna feed the trolls ...

Grahameeboy
6th February 2007, 09:45
hi ya Thomas .. welcome to posting great to see you have graduated from lurking .. & as you can prob see .. dunna feed the trolls ...

Hey leave me outta this Sandra......................

chanceyy
6th February 2007, 09:49
Hey leave me outta this Sandra......................

sighss Graham Graham ... never said you was a troll ... :shutup: :whistle:

but .................................................. ................................... if the shoe fits LOL :innocent:

long time no talk .. you lost muh number :P:P

Colapop
6th February 2007, 09:51
Yummy yummy trolly troll... Although I don't see myself as a troll, an ogre maybe but no troll

Welcome T. Have fun back on the road. I'm just biding my time till the kids are gone - only a few more years, then its party time!

Edbear
6th February 2007, 10:02
Be nice though, I'm new!

Welcome aboard! I do think you've just opened an invitation...

boomer
6th February 2007, 10:04
Welcome Thomas; Thanks for the blue rep.. i'll assume it was positive ;)

T.I.E
6th February 2007, 10:15
welcome to the undergorund. watch ya back and keep all knives sharpened, and have your wits and reflexes tuned and ready.
but most of all have fun.

what ever you do dont feed the trolls, no matter what they say, especially after midnight.

heyjoe
6th February 2007, 10:23
hey Thomas,

Welcome to kb. Enjoy yourself and ride safe man.

Colapop
6th February 2007, 10:27
welcome to the undergorund. watch ya back and keep all knives sharpened, and have your wits and reflexes tuned and ready.
but most of all have fun.

what ever you do dont feed the trolls, no matter what they say, especially after midnight.Sounds like you're welcoming him in through the back door!

Thomas
6th February 2007, 10:32
Sounds like you're welcoming him in through the back door!

Thanks, but I'm not THAT kind of a guy, lol!

Colapop
6th February 2007, 10:36
Hahaha!! T.I.E. is - you gotta watch these Norfland peeps! (esp. nodrog... :innocent: )

nodrog
6th February 2007, 10:48
(esp. nodrog... :innocent: )

lookout.... CAR!!!! :nya:

nodrog
6th February 2007, 10:49
oh, and welcome Thomas.

Hawkeye
6th February 2007, 10:55
Yummy yummy trolly troll... Although I don't see myself as a troll, an ogre maybe but no troll

Welcome T. Have fun back on the road. I'm just biding my time till the kids are gone - only a few more years, then its party time!

Welcome aboard Thomas. Just watch out for this ogre. He has a tendancy to hug. Only problem is his hugs tend to leave you gasping for air. And if you shake his hand, count ya fingers. You may find some have dropped off.

Hey Cola! Why wait until the kids are gone? My 3 are still at home and the bike is santuary. They both make a contrant drone. Just the bike sounds soooo much sweeter.
How's the bike? back up and running yet?

Colapop
6th February 2007, 10:58
Maybe a lot sooner than I thought. Got some parts being looked at in Auckland and as it turns out my new neighbor (just come out from the UK) used to race classics and is a dab hand at bike mechanics... has a welder, tap & die set and other assorted useful tools... Hasn't got a workshop so he's bringing them over to store at my place! Damn, I hate it when that happens...

Thomas
6th February 2007, 11:01
I'd heard Colapop was a huggy type of guy - but the hugs were of the kind that chiropractors use! Think I'll have to use the dodge method of avoiding them if we ever meet!

Hawkeye
6th February 2007, 11:09
Maybe a lot sooner than I thought. Got some parts being looked at in Auckland and as it turns out my new neighbor (just come out from the UK) used to race classics and is a dab hand at bike mechanics... has a welder, tap & die set and other assorted useful tools... Hasn't got a workshop so he's bringing them over to store at my place! Damn, I hate it when that happens...

That's a bit of a bugger about the neighbour. Just make sure that he explains what each tool is for and shows you how to use them. Preferably on YOUR bike. :msn-wink: That's good news about the timeframe.

Edbear
6th February 2007, 12:22
Hey Cola! Why wait until the kids are gone? My 3 are still at home and the bike is santuary.

Dat's great if one can afford it but kids have a tendency to soak up lots of dosh and the older they get the more they soak up! :gob: I also spent most of my free, (read - not workin'), time doin' stuff with them like bushwalking, beachcombing, boating, travelling, zoos, museums, all kinds of stuff!

Not saying you don't, of course, but for me it worked out that only 3 years ago was I in a position to get back on a bike. All three growed up and married now! Mainly been health problems that have restricted me since but Doc may be onto something finally. Havin' further tests but if I get better as we expect, well, look out world, here I come! :rockon:

T.I.E
6th February 2007, 15:49
Sounds like you're welcoming him in through the back door!

dam what is there a front door?

Colapop
6th February 2007, 16:02
I'd heard Colapop was a huggy type of guy - but the hugs were of the kind that chiropractors use! Think I'll have to use the dodge method of avoiding them if we ever meet!
I'm not that bad - I just gotta ALOT of luff to giff...

jtzzr
6th February 2007, 16:24
Welcome Thomas , Enjoy the madness

Macktheknife
6th February 2007, 16:49
Welcome to KB, enjoy the madness and ride safe. What part of our wonderful country are you in mate?

Thomas
7th February 2007, 08:37
I'm from up north of Auckland...

nodrog
7th February 2007, 17:52
I'm from up north of Auckland...

how far Norf bro?

Colapop
7th February 2007, 17:58
You be careful now, there's Norflanders up that way... They'll be up your way if you give them half a chance!

DUCATI*HARD
7th February 2007, 18:11
hi thomas
am fairly new too.just practicing posting.ride on fellow member.

Swoop
7th February 2007, 21:38
Welcome to KB Thomas!
:ride:
What are your views on politics and religion????

scumdog
7th February 2007, 21:45
You've been lurking for a bit, watching what goes on with KB - and ya STILL want to sign up?:gob:

Well dang it, ya might just be mad enough to fit in!!:wacko:

Welcome.::p