PDA

View Full Version : Gym membership for sale - Les Mills, Auckland City

The_Dover
6th February 2007, 11:09
Due to a shift of workplace and moving out of town I'm hardly using my gym membership and white trash is trying to upsell me to a Bowflex, the worlds finest workout.

It's about 14months thru a 3 year contract, it's $39 a fortnight, which is pretty reasonable in Auckland City these days.

If you're interested then PM me and we can talk about the stupid transfer fee thing.

I might just become a fat(ter) knacker and spend the money I save on piss.

Finn
6th February 2007, 11:18
Can it be tranfered to a company name? This new guy joined work late last year, is a bit tubby and could do with a work out.

McJim
6th February 2007, 11:18
Can you afford to get rid of it mate? Last I looked you were catching up with me on the fat stakes - and you've got a decade advantage!

James Deuce
6th February 2007, 11:27
Can you get free pizza with that?

The_Dover
7th February 2007, 10:53
bump, for the tubby motherfuckers back at work!

James Deuce
7th February 2007, 12:10
Where's my Pizza?

Is it transferable to Lower Hutt, or is it franchise based?

placidfemme
7th February 2007, 12:18
Due to a shift of workplace and moving out of town I'm hardly using my gym membership and white trash is trying to upsell me to a Bowflex, the worlds finest workout.

It's about 14months thru a 3 year contract, it's $39 a fortnight, which is pretty reasonable in Auckland City these days.

If you're interested then PM me and we can talk about the stupid transfer fee thing.

I sold my membership on Trade & Exchange. Free to place an add and I had more than 12 people interested in taking over my membership. If you do choose to take that method, you may want to state you will pay the transfer fee ($100 when I sold mine over 2 years ago... dunno what it is now) or state you'll pay half and they pay half.

Good luck... its a bitch trying to get out a gym membership

dawnrazor
7th February 2007, 12:34

So how much is a 3yr contract now?

Or to ask it a different way, what are the advantages of buying a used membership?

placidfemme
7th February 2007, 12:38
Or to ask it a different way, what are the advantages of buying a used membership?

Prices go up... but an older membership charges at the old rate and doesn't go up until the membership expires. Also buying a used one means you don't have to sign up for as long (say a 3yr contract, and you buy it with 1.5yrs remaining... you've only signed up for the 1.5yrs but get the cheaper 3yr rate)

The_Dover
7th February 2007, 14:21
So how much is a 3yr contract now?

dunno but it's probably not under 20 bucks a week and like PF says, you can commit to a shorter period.

edit: I did try and call a "membership consultant" to check but the hold music was pissing me off. Also, another advantage of buying a membership is that you don't have some rotweiler of a "membership consultant" harassing you every 5 mins when you show an interest in joining a gym.

I signed up for 3 years thinking I'd stay in the same job, as it was very close to work, but have moved on and as I live out south it's too hard for me to go before or after work and my time will be at a premium in a few weeks so it will be even harder.

boomer
7th February 2007, 14:35
you need to cut down on your pork life mate!

don't do it.. you'll need the 'me time' and your heart will thank you for it tubby

The_Dover
7th February 2007, 14:44
I haven't been since I changed jobs mate.

I have started running again though. Exercise is still on the agenda, lifting weights is dropping in priorities right now.

Dai
7th February 2007, 15:01
So now you are giving up the Gym, what may I ask, are you going to do with those tights and leg warmers?