PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust mods

trex_rider
6th February 2007, 19:34
Hi guys im still looking to unleash the sound of the aprilia, im considering coring the factory pipe out but wander if this will cos the bike to run rough if anyone know if this will cause any problems or not please let me know. If so let me know of any places in auckland that can do the job, otherwise im considering putting an arrow on but due to the 3 month waiting cant wait to unleash the sound but may have too.

Cheers

wilber
6th February 2007, 19:54
Stay with factory pipes or get after markets,last owner cut open mufflers on my tls and gutted inside sounds ok not as sweet a rumble as after market pipe ,surpose to lose some bottom end power but with a big vtwin I dont notice difference,i'm going back to standards and see what they are like on the hearing .

Sensei
6th February 2007, 20:17
If you want the best sound out of your RSV then Akrapovic like whats on my RSVR or maybe a Arrow is the way to go . A guy here has gutted his & another guys Factory pipes & not very impressed with the sound they make .

pete376403
7th February 2007, 16:19
Guy at work had an 2005 (?) RSV. Sounded very nice with standard pipes and a Neptune (made in Wellington) muffler. Very nice workmanship.
http://www.neptunemufflers.co.nz/start.htm - his bike was the first one in the Aprilia gallery

trex_rider
7th February 2007, 21:18
Ive managed to source an arrow can just wandering the pros and cons of a titanium and a alloy can. can you guys help?

imdying
8th February 2007, 09:44
Alloy is heavier, Ti is lighter. That's about it... slightly different sound, but not so you'd lose sleep over it. I'm guessing alloy crashes better, but that's the insurance companies problem.

vifferman
8th February 2007, 09:55
I had gutted cans on my VTR - they were crap.

An alternative is to have the standard cans recored. Apparently Coby in Hamilton do this - cut all the guts out and replace them with a perforated core, the same as almost all aftermarket pipes. An advantage of this is they are then to all intents and purposes the OEM mufflers, so fewer beefs with the Law.