PDA

View Full Version : Taupo full-track Kiwi Trackdays, 2 March

Toast
6th February 2007, 20:06
Yeah I know it's ages away, but I can't wait to ride my bike again and can't stop thinking about it, so I'm starting a thread. :Punk:

Who's going?

Keystone19
6th February 2007, 21:50
Team Bent Spanner Trackdays plan to be there...that is me, Affman, Nicksta, GIXser and associated pit crew (I think that's Boomer...).

DEATH_INC.
8th February 2007, 13:32
I've put my name down, just don't tell the mrs ok? :shutup:

Pumba
8th February 2007, 13:35
Crap when are they going to have oe of these things on a weekend, I have had to miss all the previous ones cause of other commitments and dont have any annual leaving owing to take time off to go to a track day durring the week.

Damm all you that are going.

Toast
8th February 2007, 13:57
Crap when are they going to have oe of these things on a weekend, I have had to miss all the previous ones cause of other commitments and dont have any annual leaving owing to take time off to go to a track day durring the week.

Damm all you that are going.

Say you've got a migraine, can never be confirmed or denied :niceone:

MikeyG
9th February 2007, 13:41
dont have any annual leaving owing to take time off to go to a track day durring the week.

Act weirder and weirder each day over the next few weeks then take stress leave.

MikeyG
9th February 2007, 13:44
Anyone from Wgtn going up and has room for me + bike?

I can put in for gas and promise not to fart in your car.

Pumba
12th February 2007, 13:43
Say you've got a migraine

So I see you have had that one used on you two

eviltwin
12th February 2007, 14:09
if i can get a bike in the next couple of weeks i'll be in.

K6K
12th February 2007, 15:30

The bike shop should loan you one if your still waiting on "ZX10R the III"!!
Think of all the business you have put their way ;)

Anyway I'm in for this one and maybe the next Friday too.

boomer
12th February 2007, 15:47

have you binned another one?? one more and you'll have beaten Dovers Record.

Leong
12th February 2007, 18:44
See you guys there!!

mynameis
14th February 2007, 10:23
Sorry for the noob questions guys, but I've never been to the Taupo Tracks and planning to get down there on the 2nd March one.

Thinking of leaving early morning with a mate, chuck the bikes in the trailer and get there on time, do Track day whole day and drive back up to Auckland after.

Is this what people normally do or do you guys stay the night there as I'd imagine you'll be pretty buggered. 0oh and which one would you do and why Kiwi Track Days or Moto TT, what's the difference?

Thanks in advance! :)

slopster
14th February 2007, 11:37
Do kiwitrackdays normally sell out - I wouldn't mind going but don't know if can get the day off till close the time

Toast
14th February 2007, 11:54
Sorry for the noob questions guys, but I've never been to the Taupo Tracks and planning to get down there on the 2nd March one.

Thinking of leaving early morning with a mate, chuck the bikes in the trailer and get there on time, do Track day whole day and drive back up to Auckland after.

Is this what people normally do or do you guys stay the night there as I'd imagine you'll be pretty buggered. 0oh and which one would you do and why Kiwi Track Days or Moto TT, what's the difference?

Thanks in advance! :)

I normally do as you described...head down in the morning and then back in the evening. I think the first time I left Akl Central at about 4:15am. Really I think 5am should be ok though.

I normally get back to Akl at around 9:30 or 10pm I think. Quite a long day, but worth it.

As to MotoTT or KiwiTrackDays question: Do both, 'cos you'll want more after the first one anyway. I've never done a MotoTT day, but apparently they're really well run. KiwiTrackDays are also really well run, so yeah, that should help your decision none :niceone:

mynameis
14th February 2007, 12:17
As to MotoTT or KiwiTrackDays question: Do both, 'cos you'll want more after the first one anyway. I've never done a MotoTT day, but apparently they're really well run. KiwiTrackDays are also really well run, so yeah, that should help your decision none

Thanks Toast that really helps me decide! :p Nada...jokes. Just another thing are there people out there buying the "multisession" passes from Kiwi Track Days as you get one free one. Well in the longer run it's obviously worth it but yes you need cash up front. Sounds like a good deal to me aye, or am I missing out a catch here?

Do kiwitrackdays normally sell out - I wouldn't mind going but don't know if can get the day off till close the time

Mate you have this thing as "Sick Leave" and a simple reason "I am sick of work so doing a Track Day" :rockon:

Leong
14th February 2007, 12:49

So far Kiwitrackdays have not sold out, unlike the MotoTT ones which to date have always sold out.... just a timing thing (MotoTT always on Friday or weekend, Kiwitrackdays often weekdays), both run really good track days.

DEATH_INC.
14th February 2007, 17:21
Ok, The Dragon is commin' too , so I guess I'm sorted now. :dodge:

Meekey_Mouse
24th February 2007, 22:44
I'll try be out there watching from the side lines :yes: If you see me feel free to come say hi :rockon:

Toast
26th February 2007, 08:36
I'll try be out there watching from the side lines :yes: If you see me feel free to come say hi :rockon:

Why only watch? Beg, steal or swindle the money to go, else you'll regret it :)

Meekey_Mouse
26th February 2007, 17:57
Why only watch? Beg, steal or swindle the money to go, else you'll regret it :)

Lol, I can do begging... but not often. I don't steal :innocent: and I have no idea what swindle is.

Even if I had the money I still wouldn't be able to go :bye: the bike is back into pieces again... so I might even have to go to watch in the cage!!! :shutup:

Nicksta
26th February 2007, 18:12
so whats the latest role call for this TD? who else is coming?

should be a great day, Steve and the boys run a tight ship.. last time we got 7 sessions and had a blast!!!

aff-man
26th February 2007, 18:29

should be a great day, Steve and the boys run a tight ship.. last time we got 7 sessions and had a blast!!!

Well you know i'll be showing my ugly face....

Gotta offset all the poser people in the team...:dodge:

p.s. steve is the man... he runs awesome days.

Toast
27th February 2007, 09:51
No excuses...gonna be a stunner!!

DEATH_INC.
27th February 2007, 17:41
Me 'n Jen will be there

Nicksta
27th February 2007, 17:49
cool, looking forward to seeing you both.. its been too long...

hurricane_r
27th February 2007, 23:37
sweet, jsut got new super-seated gpr70 things to match the fresh gpr70 front on the nsr, also newly set, HRC base suspension settings for my weight (62kgs now), hopefuly can tune nicely later on in the day.

guna have to scrub in these badboys, cant wait to christin my footpegs, ahhh, cant fu*king wait,

Keystone19
1st March 2007, 11:52
Right you lot!

Just spoke to Steve and there are still a few places left for tomorrow's track day in Taupo.

Weather forecast is brilliant and the track is in perfect condition.

If you buy the 5 day pass for $500 you get the 6th day free so find 5 friends and split it between you - that's only $83 each for the track day.

If it's anything like last time, I can guarantee you'll not be wanting more time on the track - with current numbers signed up I estimate you'll get 6-7 sessions easily.

And some good spot prizes too. Last time he gave away a helmet and the time before a set of decent track tyres.

See you all there...oh, and there will be training available!

SlowHand
1st March 2007, 11:54

7 sessions :mellow:

mite have to stay a night in taupo..

DEATH_INC.
1st March 2007, 17:39
See you all there...oh, and there will be training available!
Does this mean you will be handing out 'the learn' freely tomorrow? Thanks...... :dodge:

Toast
2nd March 2007, 03:50
Damnit, couldn't sleep a wink just thinking about getting on the bike again...see y'all soon :D

Toast
2nd March 2007, 21:26
Fark, what a long day...but awesome, as always.

I was actually quite happy about the wet session, and wouldn't have minded one more like that (but only one more).

I improved a bit over recent times, which isn't saying much, but quite happy with the improvement.

A small bin in the very last session. Damage to the bike is negligible, and the body is not even bruised. More gutted about that on the more that I think about it, as it was really just the result of being lazy, i.e. not sticking my knee out to gauge how close to the road I was...rearset touched down=liftoff of the rear wheel...oh well.

Good to meet new faces and the usual crew.

Cheers to Texmo for hooking me up with tyre warmers at the very last minute.

Gutted for Eddie that he's gonna have to fork out for a new frame. Hope it isn't too painful.

hurricane_r
2nd March 2007, 23:16
yeh sweet day, nice weather as promised:D, good to see a brother mc28 out there,

boomer
3rd March 2007, 16:53
Early start, left D'orks at 4am, the goat track from puke to mercer was all closed (3 lots of road works and an accident) so the trip down took 4 hours. One tie down broke on the way but luckily the bike stayed up.

Got there just in time to see the Team broken spanner gettin set up and the drizzle/rain wasn't looking likely to let up.

The usual supects were there but probably only about 50 bikes so teh sessions were gonna be quick & smooth.

Session 1, teh front felt like it kept stepping out on every left hander and with teh dry(ish) track it wasn't confidence inspiring.

Second session and i'm starting to get to grips with things but still not that confident about teh front.. now i cant remember wether it was session 2 or 3 but i get the learn from Jill, who is on fire and i find myself off road. The visor comes up and i realise its PISSIN down... so Jill waits for me to see if im ok and we shoot of. I hit the sweeper before teh back straight a little wide on the 2nd apex and see Jill cranked right over so i have a second bite at cranking it further over.... ahhhahhahaha Wooooooooaaaaah wheres my bike, oh there it is.. umm why am i on my ass....'remember don't stand up, yet!'....oh wait anything behind me? nope.. i hit the grass and the bikes next to me.

I popped ma cherry!

no real damage, a quick dance for all the passers by and teh marshalls and its thumbs up. Back to the pitts and asess my ego, leathers and bike.

I think bugger it.. lets finish all the sessions as its drying up but im riding about Dover Speed and EVERYONE is passing me and teh scenery actually looks like its going forward not backwards. i lost my Mojo.

anyhows, all's well and a great day, great company and thanks to Kiwifruit and his ma for rescuing me. I called in for a beer and to pick up the spare key i'd left there last time to find teh bikes fallen over on the trailor. ALL teh tie downs have snapped and teh bikes on its OTHER side. Also Eddie and team brocken Spanner.. good ****s.

Oh, my alpinestars held up a treat, no brocken stitching, only rash here and there :first:

churr!

back to teh south island and i have a few beers with dover, mr me, riff, dover and poos before going home to bed. first thing this mornin i find someone.. * cough jimmy has nicked teh key out of teh bike .. ya bastad!!!!

CBobR
3rd March 2007, 23:04
Just got home from Taupo. Good day, very fun track.

Got a couple of pics toward the end
(Disclaimer: I'm not a photographer, apologies for image quality)

-Triumph Maintenance, back on track later in the day
-Tasty 2 strokes out in numbers
-TRX after the rain
-MC18, maybe a bit much oil flow, we did the traditional 2-stroke mid-day plug pull to see what was up with a misfire.
-Team Dunlop Honda Screamers. Paint sponsor required.
-Otherwise the general standard of bikes was amazing

aff-man
3rd March 2007, 23:14
That last one must have been taken earlier in the day before team bent spanner has some minor incidents hahaha

CBobR
3rd March 2007, 23:19
Custom (owner fabricated) underbelly pipe on the red Guzzi looked and sounded the business

CBobR
3rd March 2007, 23:54
...dial up

CBobR
4th March 2007, 00:18
I was too lazy to walk anywhere else for photos. I should have gone down to the corner coming onto the back straight to watch people's lines, I was completely lost there.

CBobR
4th March 2007, 00:35
Good work Kiwi Track Days

K6K
4th March 2007, 09:51
This was my third trackday at taupo, and third track configuration! Apart from a few spots of rain earlier it was a brilliant day. Leong was kind enough to loan me his video camera (thanks Leong!) so Ive got some footage to share. The quality is excellent...I was intending to get one of the Oregon bike cams but the just don't compare to this. It as a wider angle lens on it but I don't know if that makes me look faster, slower or no difference. All I know is it is a great view!
I picked up the pace a lot this time. Finally scraped both knee sliders properly rather than just touching down on right handers. I seem to be able to go faster round right corners than left for some reason. I also had to raise the footpegs (adjustable on the GSXR600 K6) after digging in and bending my brake lever on that nasty bump before the old back straight.
I didn't cut the video so it runs from the start of the session until the end. I followed Leong for the warm up lap and a half until Jill (Keystone19?) passed on the inside. I had to try to catch up....which took quite a while! Eventually I did pass...so the action starts about 2 or 3 minutes in. Sanx also makes an appearance somewhere in there.
I do know there were lots of mistakes! Wide lines, missed turn in markers...and I scraped my gear leaver just as i caught up to Jill on turn one. Went very wide then! Thats all stuff to work on next Friday...see you there.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1380732109162497298&hl=en

SlowHand
4th March 2007, 10:56
I'm ready for knee down lesson #2 Mr. K6K!! Your tips in the morning really helped.

I'm like zoolander, cant turn left...

hurricane_r
4th March 2007, 11:10
cant get over how awesome the day was, and the guy on the mc18 that binned,
was doing so well!!!!!!, alot of potential, he showed up riders with alot more experience, aparent third time ever to ride

NinjaBoy
4th March 2007, 12:41
(Disclaimer: I'm not a photographer, apologies for image quality)

Great day despite slightly greyish skies overhead. Finally got my knee down and even better someone got a pic of it... cheers :yes:

hurricane_r
4th March 2007, 20:10
and yes, im posing about as hard as a poser could pose ,

Toast
4th March 2007, 21:17
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1380732109162497298&hl=en

Nice vid, dude! Some awesome action there. Great quality too.

Keystone19
4th March 2007, 21:37
Yep, another awesome Kiwitrackdays day out! Well done again Steve - looking forward to the next one on March 26th at Pukekohe.

Great video footage! That is Tony Rees who is behind me when I go past K6K and Leong - we were doing a little coaching. Now he is the guy to follow, that's for sure.

aff-man
4th March 2007, 22:09
awww no pics of the raper hahahaha

CBobR
4th March 2007, 22:12
Couple more

kiwifruit
4th March 2007, 22:26
nice pic of ninja boy and k6k(?) cranked

whats happening in the last one there with the motard and the cbr?

hurricane_r
4th March 2007, 23:24
*motard and the nsr*
think thats when he ran out of gas,