PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE: 1996 Kawasaki ZX-7R P1

Gremlin
7th February 2007, 00:22
First year of the P series, the road version. I have really enjoyed the bike, the muzzy pipe sounds bloody awesome (I'm biased obviously, but its still a lot better than most I hear). Made an excellent upgrade from my first bike, a zzr250, and have only run into issues when trying to pass modern thous...

Bike is fueled for country, so runs a bit rich around town. Suspension has been set up for my 95-100kg, and "sporty" country riding, so as always, you should have it adjusted to your riding style and weight.

Currently runs on z6, with 180 rear. Tyres have been fitted for 6k, so should last at least another 4k, unless you enjoy burnouts.

Wof expires 16/07/07, Rego expires 14/09/07. 73,650 approx kilometres on the clock.

Aftermarket Bits:
- Legal Braided Lines - Front and Rear
- Crash bungs
- K&N Airfilter
- Factory Pro Stage 1 Jet Kit
- ZX9 Headers
- Ohlins Rear Shock
- Muzzy Pipe
- LED Tailight, with integrated indicators
- Undertail
- Rear Tyre Hugger
- Suspension has been set up and tuned all round (for my weight)
- Thick rubber over each headlight - does good job of protection
- Scuff stop all over tank, and top fairing

Extra Bits that come with Bike:
- Solo Seat Tail - from pictures
- Front brake pad set (bought a full set, thinking they all needed replacing, only needed to replace rear)
- Original Red Tail light
- Haynes Manual for it
- Simple metal bracket - handmade to relocate ohlins reservoir to pillion peg mount, as solo tail can't slide over the reservoir when its strapped to the rear subframe.
- Can also provide User manual on CD, if buyer wants it.
- Remains of Factory Pro Jet kit (whatever the shop didn't fit) are included

Viewing can be arranged by appointment. Any questions, feel free to ask.

auction: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-89848596.htm

cowpoos
7th February 2007, 09:46
they are still bloody good looking bikes em zx7r's !!!!

crashe
7th February 2007, 10:01
And you are selling this WHY???????????
Thought you liked this bike.

and what are you going to buy now??????

Back Fire
7th February 2007, 16:59
Most people grow out of their bike eventually... and maybe the shame of the pink and purple finally kicked in!

A pie van

Gremlin
7th February 2007, 23:42
they are still bloody good looking bikes em zx7r's !!!!
I keep getting looked at when I agree... but of course they are good looking :love:

I do like it. I made the mistake of riding newer stuff, I learnt the definition of FI and torque... and I liked that too :love: I'm also selling 1, because I can, 2, thous are hard to pass after they held you up in the corner, 3, I've had a small worry, thats been with me for a while... I would be quite devasted if I binned the bike. A fair few hours have been spent tweaking, and getting the bike set up. I can't own more than one bike either, can't afford... and can only ride one at a time.

Right at this moment, nothing. I need the money from the sale, bit of saving, and then I'll hunt myself down something. I have my eye on a couple of things... which will pan out in due course.

Riding the cb919... the torque, characteristics of FI... I've been spoilt rotten.

Eventual upgrade won't really be speed (except for passing) its more how flickable it is etc, and its easier to ride at the same speeds as the 7 (to varying degrees depending on front wheel traction :innocent: )

SwanTiger
8th February 2007, 00:17
thous are hard to pass after they held you up in the corner
I remember passing you coming out of a 35 kmp/h rated corner on my old 250cc ... It's not that hard to pass fat bastards on fat bastard bikes when you're a fat bastard yourself.

Good luck with the sale, if you get desperate I have $3,000 cash :shutup:

Did you see the photo of a guy on a GSX-R 1100 stripped with a set of knobbles wrapped on it in Kiwi Rider (latest issue)? I'd love to do that to a 7R.

Gremlin
8th February 2007, 00:29
I remember passing you coming out of a 35 kmp/h rated corner on my old 250cc ... It's not that hard to pass fat bastards on fat bastard bikes when you're a fat bastard yourself.
you got to get something else to hang onto mate... let it gooooo... as someone else said... if the 7's were trying, you wouldn't have stood a chance :bleh:

Good luck with the sale, if you get desperate I have $3,000 cash :shutup:
ummm the shop will take it for more than that... and I would be desperate to lock myself into a trade situation...

oh, bike will also be on trademe shortly... just waiting for some credit to go through to the account...

Gremlin
8th February 2007, 23:04
7r has now been placed on retardme

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-87521477.htm

Panther
9th February 2007, 17:31
ha ha ha can't keep up with tristan eh?
heard you dropped his bike
good on you for upgrading from the purple people eater

ps

i need new tyres on my 600, what would you recomend? i have heard there are some quite good touring tyres around.

Back Fire
9th February 2007, 19:22

He threw a paddy cause he couldn't find where tris was hiding the pies...

Panther
9th February 2007, 21:51
ha ha ha
i don't think tristans diet allowes pies...but what would i know, if it does i'd like to know what he is on!
wonder how long it'll be before he finds this.....?

Gremlin
10th February 2007, 02:28
depends if its raining or not... its quite hilarious how big our speed differences are, when the weather changes. Having ridden his bike tho (he has tweaked the suspension again tho) I didn't like it much... Horsepower after a certain point takes a back seat to handling, and your own confidence/skills.

yes, we're not completely sure how it happened... good guesses tho... slack bastard hasn't got back to me on cost of clutch lever

i need new tyres on my 600, what would you recomend? i have heard there are some quite good touring tyres around.
depends how you are riding it. Not owning a 600, and also not sure on hoop sizing, but personally, I have had z6 on the 7 (still do) found them good, but they are a bit flat on the sides, and I run off the edge of the rear tyre. Stradas look like the bizzo to me. Almost exactly the same as the z6 (even the tread pattern), sliiiightly less life, but a much better shape. tris has stradas on his 10.

I have also updated the trademe auction. The remains of the factory pro jet kit (leftovers from the shop) are included as well.

Deviant Esq
10th February 2007, 03:33
Good luck with the sale, that's a nice looking machine. And the price isn't too bad either! Want me to place the first bid to get things rolling? ;)

Gremlin
10th February 2007, 03:36
And the price isn't too bad either! Want me to place the first bid to get things rolling? ;)
thanks... I tried to set a realistic price, I'm not testing the water, but I need the money from the sale...

don't bother with the bid, I would rather only have genuine people... Now I just need someone to buy it :wait:

Deviant Esq
10th February 2007, 03:45
Now I just need someone to buy it :wait:

I'd consider it. But it's about $1000 more than I wanted to spend, and it's a bit much of a jump for me to get straight onto a 750, sadly. I'm going to go with a 400 after my 250 single, just so I'm not shitting bricks! Still, like I said, best of luck with the sale, and at that price someone ought to buy it! :mobile:

SlowHand
10th February 2007, 08:41
- Suspension has been set up and tuned all round (for my weight)

How much to convert leaf springs back to normal??

N4CR
10th February 2007, 11:26
ha ha ha
i don't think tristans diet allowes pies...but what would i know, if it does i'd like to know what he is on!
wonder how long it'll be before he finds this.....?

bingo.

i can eat whatever the **** i want but i keep to healthy food usually.

as with teh 7r being quick yeap, 10r is a whole new ballgame of being easy to ride and faster again sorry to say, just get used to it and it's nuts. hope you have fun if you get one gremmyboy.

and yes, there are no pies between my exhaust and the road gremlin fgawds sake.

N4CR
10th February 2007, 11:28
i'd consider it. but it's about $1000 more than i wanted to spend, and it's a bit much of a jump for me to get straight onto a 750, sadly. i'm going to go with a 400 after my 250 single, just so i'm not ****ting bricks! still, like i said, best of luck with the sale, and at that price someone ought to buy it! :mobile:

it's not a huge jump dude it's quite a nice bike just a bit heavy off the side stand cus of how raised the suspension is. it's got a very stable front end (edit one of the best ever imo) so you won't get problems from it. get a bank loan. it don't wheelie under power so it's not like you're going ot loop it. don't get scared by the big bike scaremongering bull**** on here.

Yeh, it seems to hold a fair bit of weight over the front so it's got the power to move, but it ain't gonna make the front light pulling too fast from the lights.

Not a bad jump from a 250, but as with anything, you just gotta take it easy when getting used to it eh.

Gremlin
10th February 2007, 14:39
I went from a zzr250 to this... but took it easy in the beginning, as I knew there was more power. Wheelie wise.. I have had the odd little skip (mainly with the help of crests) as the mods like the jet kit etc do give a bit of punch in the mid range. What I did like, was that despite the power, it wasn't quite the tyre shredding of big bikes (saw a mate get around 3k on his gsxr thou rear) while I still get 10k (unless a puncture kills it a couple of hundred short :angry2:)

As for a 06 10, shite... you ride some thing that has the plastic taken off the front etc, I'm doing 220+, and this n4cr weirdo goes past me on my own bike, coz his just went nuts with a light front end over a bump or 2, I didn't feel like crashing it, so backed off. :shit:

Gremlin
13th February 2007, 01:27
Couple of updates to the auction... moral of story, don't cover the bike with a cover until you have the details...

I must apologise... when I listed the bike, it was under a cover, so listed details according to educated guesses. Some updates: bike has 73855 on clock (1 extra fuel docket), and the rear tyre is a 180 (previous was a 190)

Gremlin
16th February 2007, 01:12
not one of you buggers bought it :angry:

oh well... up for offer at the mo, then its back on another auction. Cheers to Maverick and n4cr for those nice comments.

Anyone wanting it can obviously come through the forum if they wish...

Gremlin
21st February 2007, 00:09
bumpity...

new auction... reduced price :) Reckon its a bargain now

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-88977941.htm

-df-
21st February 2007, 06:41
bumpity...

new auction... reduced price :) Reckon its a bargain now

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-88977941.htm

Damn, thats a good price. Don't think you'll have much trouble selling it now.

Gremlin
22nd February 2007, 00:28
Damn, thats a good price. Don't think you'll have much trouble selling it now.
Thats the idea :yes:

Gremlin
26th February 2007, 20:29
bumpity...

closing in 23 hours... (not like I'm counting)

limbimtimwim
26th February 2007, 21:01
That was my dream bike when I was in secondary school.

So close, but now, so far..

Gremlin
26th February 2007, 23:37
That was my dream bike when I was in secondary school.
and you bought a gixxer?!?!?! :nono:

looks still kill... but once you ride stuff worth twice as much... yeah... you wants :yes:

still going to miss it tho, but I have to sell :weep:

Gremlin
4th March 2007, 19:53
SOLD!!

had one last ride to deliver her... she will be missed... goddamn, I loved that muzzy :love: