PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking for an apprentice cabinetmaker/ joiner in Auckland?

WickedOne
7th February 2007, 14:10
Hi All

Does anyone know of a company looking for an apprentice joiner/ cabinetmaker? If so please PM me with details as I am very interested in turning my passion, for working with wood, into a career. (I currently have no qualification in this industry at all).

Any help would be appreciated.

Qkchk
7th February 2007, 15:05
Have a chat with Steveo @ the ATNR......

trev
7th February 2007, 15:24
I spoke to one of our timber joiners & he said they would be more interested if you had already enrolled with an apprenticeship organisation e.g.
Joinery Industry Training Organisation www.jito.org.nz or Unitec do apprenticeship schemes.

Good Luck
Trev

WickedOne
7th February 2007, 15:34
Have a chat with Steveo @ the ATNR......

Cheers, I'll have a chat to him tomorrow night. I don't think the company he works for is hiring any apprentices at the moment but maybe he knows someone who is!!! See you tomorrow :yes:

WickedOne
7th February 2007, 15:38
I spoke to one of our timber joiners & he said they would be more interested if you had already enrolled with an apprenticeship organisation e.g.
Joinery Industry Training Organisation www.jito.org.nz or Unitec do apprenticeship schemes.

Good Luck
Trev

Cheers Trev, I am looking at doing a course (Probably Applied Technology in Joinery at Unitech). Didn't know about jito so I will have a look into it. I am just in a position where I need to earn money while doing it in order to survive so I'm hoping there is someone out there who is looking for an apprentice without necessarily having the qualification before starting but who would be keen on studying to get a formal qualification.

Maha
7th February 2007, 15:42
Hi All

Does anyone know of a company looking for an apprentice joiner/ cabinetmaker? If so please PM me with details as I am very interested in turning my passion, for working with wood, into a career. (I currently have no qualification in this industry at all).

Any help would be appreciated.

Wanna be a Vinyl laying/floor grinding/hardboard overlaying/floor screeding/go get smoko kinda guy???....then HELLO!!!!!

WickedOne
7th February 2007, 15:55
Wanna be a Vinyl laying/floor grinding/hardboard overlaying/floor screeding/go get smoko kinda guy???....then HELLO!!!!!

PM sent Mark..

SwanTiger
7th February 2007, 17:07
Wouldn't he make more money being on the doll? :dodge: hahahaha

Maha
7th February 2007, 17:11
Wouldn't he make more money being on the doll? :dodge: hahahaha

Guess you mean....DOLE?...Andrew :dodge: me ole' mate how the hell are ya...heard you looking at a Honda?.....:scooter:

SwanTiger
7th February 2007, 17:19
Guess you mean....DOLE?...Andrew :dodge: me ole' mate how the hell are ya...heard you looking at a Honda?.....:scooter:
Yes... Dole :shutup:

When are you organising the next nanna ride? (Serious question)

P.S. Congratulations

Maha
7th February 2007, 17:25
Yes... Dole :shutup:

When are you organising the next nanna ride? (Serious question)

P.S. Congratulations

Gotta show someone in Tga how to go around corners first.....:whistle:
March is when a 'Nana' ride shall take place..not free until then but i will let you know. The last one went well until i had a feed....so they say....:rolleyes:

Buddy L
7th February 2007, 19:38
Iv'e been out of my apprentership for about 2 years, I can tell you all about JITO and what the course invovles, we have no places at the moment but if you want to have a look around a joinery factoury then just yell out. All places are different, Eg im a Exterior timber joiner, but then you get your stair makers, ask Jonny Rotton about that one, and your cabiet makers and so on. Ill talk to you tomorrow arvo about it.

WickedOne
7th February 2007, 19:54
Iv'e been out of my apprentership for about 2 years, I can tell you all about JITO and what the course invovles, we have no places at the moment but if you want to have a look around a joinery factoury then just yell out. All places are different, Eg im a Exterior timber joiner, but then you get your stair makers, ask Jonny Rotton about that one, and your cabiet makers and so on. Ill talk to you tomorrow arvo about it.

Awesome, cheers Cam

Swoop
7th February 2007, 20:54
Do you have any experience working with the handtools and machinery required in that profession???
If so, I have a rather long list of companies you could try. Employers are screaming out for keen people!!!

WickedOne
7th February 2007, 21:17
Do you have any experience working with the handtools and machinery required in that profession???
If so, I have a rather long list of companies you could try. Employers are screaming out for keen people!!!

Yes, I have worked with a lot of handtools and machines used for joinery and cabinetmaking. I can provide pics of some of my work if anyone requires them as well.

Swoop
7th February 2007, 21:29
Yes, I have worked with a lot of handtools and machines used for joinery and cabinetmaking. I can provide pics of some of my work if anyone requires them as well.
Get yourself a photo album and put the good photos in there. This simple display is worth a thousand words when you knock on a prospective employers door. Have a brief CV with you as well.

Finding a decent employer shouldn't be too hard if you have good basic woodworking skills! Just make it clear that you are keen to do an apprenticeship and become fully qualified.
Once with an employer, either you or your employer will need to contact JITO (Joinery Industry Training Organisation-0800 10 55 88) and they will look after you. A damn good bunch of people there and they are looking after your future!

Also have a look at www.jito.org.nz as this site will give you a good idea of what happens along the way.

WickedOne
8th February 2007, 08:32
Get yourself a photo album and put the good photos in there. This simple display is worth a thousand words when you knock on a prospective employers door. Have a brief CV with you as well.

Finding a decent employer shouldn't be too hard if you have good basic woodworking skills! Just make it clear that you are keen to do an apprenticeship and become fully qualified.
Once with an employer, either you or your employer will need to contact JITO (Joinery Industry Training Organisation-0800 10 55 88) and they will look after you. A damn good bunch of people there and they are looking after your future!

Also have a look at www.jito.org.nz as this site will give you a good idea of what happens along the way.

Cheers Swoop, I'll take your advice!!!!!