PDA

View Full Version : Farewell: '00 Suzuki FXR150

Antallica
9th June 2003, 16:36
Saturday: My mate took one of those infamous 45km'h corners out in the wops and ended up down the cliff.... poor bike, will be too much to fix. Lucky the driver survived!!

I had wrecked my back on Friday and I got the call on Sat to go and pick him up, he was wondering around dazed in the closest suburb... did myself over a lot more just trying to get the damn thing out of the hole it was in. In the end we got the Pajero 4L Turbo to haul it's ass out.

His comment: "....and I just changed the oil this morning!!"

My comment: "Well at least your rego & warrant expiring soon won't matter anymore ;) )

*Pics coming soon*

Antallica
9th June 2003, 16:40
Any of you written off any bikes?

I must say I'm damn bored now that I have no-one to ride with! :(

SpankMe
9th June 2003, 16:53
I've totaled two CBR600fh's and one GPZ500.

Dave
9th June 2003, 17:11
$7500 damage to my GSXR insured for $9000 and they did a full repair-all brand new genuine fairings,came back way better than it had ever been.

bluninja
9th June 2003, 17:29
Aug 2001 ZX9R C1 highsided on first lap of Monza. Taped up fairing rode for 2 days round track then 1000 miles home, phoned insurance company and they said the bike was a write-off.....paid me....I put deposit on Aprilia RSVR.

October 8th 2001 Picked up new Aprilia RSVR on my birthday...October 9th 17 hours later the bike lost an argument with a large tractor, bike needed new front and rear wheels, ohlins forks, exhaust, clipons, clocks, fairings, tail unit, pegs, gear lever, tank etc...etc...

2001 not a good year for me and motorbikes.

TTFN

wkid_one
9th June 2003, 17:36
At least your insurance company will be smiling - every month now when you pay your 'adjusted' premiums!

bluninja
9th June 2003, 17:38
I had protected no claims:D first and second time I've ever claimed for any type of vehicle.....hope it's the last.

TTFN

Coldkiwi
9th June 2003, 17:39
wrote off my first bike (GPX 250) in October 2000.. paid off debts, saved for a summer, bought ZXR 250 :)

NhuanH
9th June 2003, 19:03
a little bit (in)famous round these parts - I totalled a mint 2001 GSXR-750 not very long ago:Oops:.  But hey I managed to take a Daewoo off the road too!  The remains can be seen on the gallery of this site.

Mr/Ms Insurance is now wreaking his/her (I am an equal opportunity cynic/moaner) revenge now though, kicking my ass on whatever replacement I am considering:angry2:

Hoon
9th June 2003, 20:13
Hey nhuanh,

How much did you premiums go up by?  I wrote off my TL1000 earlier this year when I botched a gear change during a wheelie and got paid out.  I'm looking at getting another litre bike this summer but have been wondering what repercussions this might have on my insurance prospects.

Marmoot
9th June 2003, 23:32
Totalled my bike twice.
Not write-offs, but almost.
Same bike.
Still riding it now, though. :D

Kwaka-Kid
12th June 2003, 16:51
hmmm... ive had nothing that bad on street, wrost was prolly 750 skipping front wheel out and going into bush.. by the time i skidded on grass etc i hit bush @ 10-15km, just put me down and broke one indicator... then lifting it back u broke hte bloody mirror too! :@cost of repairs = $60. heh :).

On track however ive only that that nice highspeed off track and kinda barrell roll on grass :) - all fairing damage really.. to do orig, i guess might cost $2000? but the way im doing it realistically should cost less then $100, aside from paintjob that is, which it never had anyways and i was going to do! perfect timing!. and i only rebroke all stuff that was already broken nearly :P aside from one handle bar pinch thingy worth $35, (radiator brackets already broken, i decided radtiator was better hanging loose the nrigid bracketd :P LOL) oh and i also decided the tank would be better without the top bolt in, mostly because it was stripped, this wasnt a good idea, the tank was full of gas and flew almost ack onto track down entering back streight! hahaha imagine if sombody hit it! HAHAHA! damn i bet id still be having face reconstruction :P well, not if i didnt mention i raced knowning that the bolt was out :P - hopefully stress on airbox/carbs hasnt fucked anything too, hmm, ahh well. :F

DeanOh
13th June 2003, 13:21
A month ago, some mofo backed his crappy little van into my bike which in turn toppled onto a Ducati which in turned toppled onto another, Yamaha XJ900.
Mine basically had a broken mirror, indicator light, scratched fairing and exhaust and other minor scratches. Cost $2000 or round about to repair. the Duke had a broken fairing (ouch), broken indicator lights etc. The Yamaha hit the road, dunno how much that cost, but I bet the van drivers insurance premium has gone up. :Oops:

bluninja
13th June 2003, 13:43
You were lucky he had insurance !! Or that he owned up/was identified.

$2000 of damage to an SV from falling over??? Better put the lights back on mine and park it in Wellington.

TTFN

Kwaka-Kid
13th June 2003, 16:37
oh yeah, i watched my old man do that once.. XL125 fell onto GPZ750turbo, onto GS1000, onto MVX250F (with the fucking 500 methanol burning race motlor strapped in) and that wasit i think? oh maybe the Z1R(soon 2 b TC when i can be botherd slappin the TC on) but i cant remember? dont think that has any dents in tak, no, maybe it was in diff part of bikeline.  heh, sucks when all the bikes are yours tho :P didnt do fuck all tho, minor dent in turbo 760, gs got a dent in tank, mvx was just rolling chassis and engine, no fairing or lights, so yeh, and XL125.. the fucker that started it! :P LOL.

DeanOh
13th June 2003, 17:50
Originally posted by bluninja
You were lucky he had insurance !! Or that he owned up/was identified.$2000 of damage to an SV from falling over??? Better put the lights back on mine and park it in Wellington.
TTFN

yeah I was feckin surprised it was $2k aswell. The insurance dude found heaps of scratches and shit that I hadnt seen. Not my money, so i wasnt gonna complain.

Thanksfully, someone that rides bikes actually saw the clown do it, so left us all a note, nice lady. She organises rides in the wellington area as it turns out, so some good came out of it.:)

franco
14th June 2003, 00:07
hey KK - your domino effect story reminds me of the time that actually happened with my bike around this time last year. Parked in my usual bike spot in the morning, came back to find my bike (Suzuki Bandit 250) beneath a Honda NSR250, which was beneath another bike - I can't recall that model. Anyways there was a witness on hand who told me that the jerk-off who tipped the bikes (who was incidentally another motorcyclist) saw what he did and took off quick smart not less than 2 min before I arrived. :argh:

Did some superficial damage to my bike, the NSR came of worst tho being faired and all. Life can be cruel sometimes, but hey, nothing to grow an ulcer over when you look at the bigger picture. Karma has a funny way of coming back on people like that. Hehehe.

Kwaka-Kid
14th June 2003, 01:25
so does that mean karma comes back on myself for hurting my own gods?

whgooa, i spelt that hwole sentance right, yet this one wrong

im too drive to drinl -gootta love saying it the wrojg way around knowingly :)

Redstar
16th June 2003, 21:01
I can claim to have written off a car and only bent the gear actuator! yeah sure I know what your thinking here comes a big fish story? but picture this triumph bonnie 1977 t120 and overtaking at 20mph on the right of stationary traffic waiting at lights. then a Robin kitten ( thats a three wheeled robin) does a u turn in front of me. for the uninitiated the reliants were all fibreglass cars. In go's the single left hand disk of the triumph and narrrrrrrrr... take to the sill like a chainsaw I fall off and spin 360 on the gear lever right hand side pomie bike remember and I get a bent lever and a bruise but robin is destroyed.
I took it to the police and got him a fine. great day really.:p