PDA

View Full Version : Instructor coming, wanting LTSA qualifications... help?

d.mcmeel
8th February 2007, 03:09
Guys, I'm going to be moving out to New Zealand in about 18 months, I'm a motorcycle riding instructor in Scotland and I understand to do this in NZ I need to be LTSA qualified. Where can I find out more about courses to become an LTSA qualified motorcycing instructor...

James Deuce
8th February 2007, 05:50
http://www.landtransport.govt.nz/factsheets/05.html

SDU
8th February 2007, 12:34
Welcome to KB! What part are you thinking of coming to? or are you going to ride around & decide after seeing some of the country.
In ChCH the Mainland Driving School are the local employers for m/c instruction. They may also be able to help you with info.
http://www.driveschool.co.nz/Home/

James Deuce
8th February 2007, 12:57
Errr - all the information he needs for an I endorsement is in the link above.

d.mcmeel
9th February 2007, 05:41
The missus is from just outside wellington, so there is a fair chance its going to be round there. I was over for Christmas to see her family and that and there are some crackin roads for ride outs, we had a nice run out of Auckland to Piha Beach. Sections of the Desert Highway were sweet for a bike too, and the south Island seems to have been designed for motorbikes! I'm going to be adding my NZ road trips to www.yourroadtrip.net so everyone can see and enjoy.

Cheers for the Factsheet link, but I've had a look at it already. It says to "Contact your nearest Land Transport New Zealand regional office" to find out about courses. They don't have any e-mail address just phone number and being a tight bastard I'm reluctant to call them... but unless you guys can think of a plan B I'm going to have to.

Cheers Bros!

SDU
9th February 2007, 07:34
I guess if you're going to be hanging out around Wellington than The Mainland Driveschool will be a bit far to travel to for work (if they had any). :sunny: Good luck

terbang
9th February 2007, 07:59
I'm going to be adding my NZ road trips to www.yourroadtrip.net so everyone can see and enjoy.

Shhhh..! Worlds best kept secret. We want to keep it for ourselves.

Macktheknife
9th February 2007, 09:27
One call should see you with the email contacts to carry on the dialogue, just remember the time difference!
Best of luck.
edit: Or you could try email to this address LTNZINFOpublicfolder@landtransport.govt.nz

d.mcmeel
9th February 2007, 23:24
I'm actually Irish, well, from Northern Ireland... to be specific. Still fairly tight fisted, at least until it comes to getting pissed, then the stereortype breaks down and you'd think we're all millionaires! Cheers for the advice folk! And I'll not make too big a deal on yourroadtrip.net about how cool NZ! Shhhhhhh! it'll be our secret!

Mott