PDA

View Full Version : bike transportation -wellington-auckland.

FROSTY
6th August 2004, 14:10
Guys any suggestions as to the best/cheapest way to get my zxr750 up here to auckland from wellington.
I'm tossing up the idea of sending the motor down and flying down after it.
I would rather just get it shipped up here.
Any ideas??

aff-man
6th August 2004, 14:15
WT said he could get a bik up here for $150. I think that involved him riding it up and flying back down. But find someone who is doing a comute and ask them to trailer it would be the cheapest i suppose.

DrHook
6th August 2004, 14:17
Hi,
Try Biketrans at 027 2204436. The buyer of my GSX600F paid $110 to get it moved up from WLG-AKL. Got it there in a couple of days.

Hope that helps.

Devil
6th August 2004, 15:48
Hey dude, we used Efficient Carrying Co. They often transport bikes, we got ours up here for $120 ish I think. Not a scratch on it. they padded mirrors and stuff.

dss3
6th August 2004, 15:54
I'll try and find out the name of a co. that shifted my mates bike, so you can make sure NOT to use them. They put strops under the bike and slung it from the roof of the truck!!! Suprisingly the bike got a bit damaged :mad: :mad:

FROSTY
6th August 2004, 16:53
thanks guys. as ya can tell Im seriously getting the itch to be back on the bike.

Drunken Monkey
6th August 2004, 17:09
There's a nice guy down there called 'Jimmy' who brought mine back for a box of Burbon and Colas...

Drunken Monkey
6th August 2004, 17:10
...but seriously. What kind of timeframe are you looking at. If you can get someone down there to lash it tightly to a pallet, you can arrange to leave it at a Trucking firm I know, who will move it back up on the next relocation they have for next to nothing (you'll owe them a favour in return). Problem is, they won't garauntee a time frame.

loosebruce
6th August 2004, 21:41
if worse comes to worse frosty, i go down to welly a fair bit to see my boy, i normally ride down on the TL or fly there and back but i do have a cage with a tow ball but no trailer, hook me up with a trailer an i'd have no problem driving down (as boring as that'd be) an bringing it back up for ya, no problems no extra charges, when are you looking at?

FROSTY
12th August 2004, 23:09
cool nannas --IM still trying to get hold of the guy with my bike :doh:

riffer
12th August 2004, 23:34
Argh.

and I got a hard time this morning from my father in law who gave me a ride to work this morning (couldn't transport WT's new back wheel on my bike, so had to bludge a ride in his cage).

He wanted to know how long this bike was going to stay in his gargre.

I guess it wouldn't be so bad but the gargre now contains:

1 x ZXR750
1 x CBR600
2 x CB900F2 Bol d'Ors
1 x KLX250
1 x Honda quad (farm bike)
1 x Yamaha quad (racer)
2 x tractors
1 x SS commodore
1 x Honda Accord

so it's getting kind of full...

Do you want me to try to get a message to Byron or Verne, Frosty?

riffer
12th August 2004, 23:36
Worse comes to worst, Forsty, I'd be happy to help you throw the motor in the kwaka...

Can even put you up for a night or two...

Ms Piggy
12th August 2004, 23:40
A company called Biketranz Ltd are good blokes. Transported a bike from Gore to Christchurch for $100- and would have taken all the way to Wellington for $200-.

0800 BIKETRANZ or 027 220 4436 or biketranz@hotmail.com

Opppss sorry, I just noticed DrHook already posted about them earlier.

Ok time for bed. :eyepoke:

FROSTY
13th August 2004, 00:09
Worse comes to worst, Forsty, I'd be happy to help you throw the motor in the kwaka...

Can even put you up for a night or two...
To be totaly honest mate I've got a time management problem--I can't manage I aint goty any time.--sheesh.
Im almost at the stage of sending the engine down and askin you guys to fit it up for me.

FROSTY
13th August 2004, 11:05
Any Auckland KB members up for a bit of engine removal work?
I can organise Pizza and beer -but Im all outa time here .

Motoracer
13th August 2004, 11:07
Any Auckland KB members up for a bit of engine removal work?
I can organise Pizza and beer -but Im all outa time here .

When do you wana do it Frosty?

FROSTY
13th August 2004, 11:44
ASap I guess -I might have to send it down to welly.

Motoracer
13th August 2004, 11:54
ASap I guess -I might have to send it down to welly.

I could help you out this Sunday...

FROSTY
13th August 2004, 13:17
I'll get into it tonite I think

MadDuck
13th August 2004, 20:14
A company called Biketranz Ltd are good blokes. Transported a bike from Gore to Christchurch for $100- and would have taken all the way to Wellington for $200-.

0800 BIKETRANZ or 027 220 4436 or biketranz@hotmail.com

Opppss sorry, I just noticed DrHook already posted about them earlier.

Ok time for bed. :eyepoke:

Good info thanks CSL and DrHook. I am now looking at shipping my bike to CHCH (said biker will fly down) and pick up for my South Island trip in December due to time constraints. NO WAY I can do Whangaparaoa to CHCH in 2 days and still walk afterwards.