PDA

View Full Version : Flat slides or injected?

johnsv650
9th February 2007, 17:06
building up race bike, advice needed,
bike hyosung gt650r has carbs, should i get flat slides or injection..a guy in usa had put suzuki sv injected on, is it worth the trouble and what are advantages and disadvantages?
your advice and any help
john

imdying
9th February 2007, 20:31
Wouldn't it be cheaper to get the SV? With the F3 rules as they are now, can you even change induction type? Or even change it across manufacturers? Frosty?

johnsv650
10th February 2007, 07:48
lets leave f3 rules to another thread, much been said on that topic, think it sorted now, watch out for a under 20yr old twins standard class, and a f3 as it is.....flatslides or injected ??

johnsv650
15th February 2007, 08:09
any one have any ideas?

bistard
15th February 2007, 08:14
it would be a real hassle to fit fuel injection after the fact to a bike,but if it comes with it allready,with the aid of a power commander or similar,is quite easy to tune
Flat slides,which I have on my bike,take some setting up as well,do you know about,needles,jets sizes etc
Either way you will need some time & a dyno for base settings & fine tune from there
What does the bike you are looking at currently runCV carbs??
The flat slides,will give you much better initial throttle response

johnsv650
15th February 2007, 20:48
thanks bistard,
its just next years race bike underway, got some parts from usa firm coming, suzuki gsxr 750 forks 03, onlins shock, fairings moulds underway, just that the injected once dynoed seems so easy and easy to retune, i'm no machinc and just thought alot easier on race day, once less worry..they do them in usa, surely with kiwi thoughts....lol
are you going to manfield ?

johnsv650
15th February 2007, 20:49
hi,
yes its for hyosung 650 twin......