PDA

View Full Version : Wellington: Ride Sunday 11 Feb to Levin to meet Scott (Zukin) and Carissa

merv
9th February 2007, 20:20
OK who is on for a ride to meet Scott and Carissa on their Ride for Life Charity event?

They are supposed to be at Levin Railway leaving at 2pm. How about we stage a meeting at Mobil Paraparaumu (Guy Weaver's gas station) at 12.15pm for a 12.30pm departure and we ride up to Levin and then ride back to Whitby with Scott and Carissa. Then enjoy a BBQ at Nasty and Grub's place.

See the BBQ thread here http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=43438

If we ride with Scott and Carissa it is a fundraiser so they expect a donation of $25 as per this thread http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=42029

More details at the website here http://www.rideforlife.co.nz/rideforlifeopen.html

merv
10th February 2007, 09:35
OK just updating this thread it seems we are meant to go to Dave Reid's Scooters Plus Hokio Beach Road Levin by 2pm so that's our destination.

Hawkeye
10th February 2007, 11:54
Hi Merv,

I'm up for this but I'm still on the CBX so not that swift. I can only ride like a nana so may need to set off a couple of hours ahead of you before you catch me up at Plimmerton :crybaby:
Are there any arrangements for a group ride up to Para, or is everyone just meeting up there? I could meet up with you at Porirua or maybe at Mana

merv
10th February 2007, 13:57
Hi Merv,

I'm up for this but I'm still on the CBX so not that swift. I can only ride like a nana so may need to set off a couple of hours ahead of you before you catch me up at Plimmerton :crybaby:
Are there any arrangements for a group ride up to Para, or is everyone just meeting up there? I could meet up with you at Porirua or maybe at Mana

OK I was thinking of going via Paekak Hill and nominated the Paraparaumu meeting point to suit those on the coast (I'm not sure if there's much interest in this ride because of so much else being on). I'm saying arrive Pram about 12.15 for 12.30 departure so how about another meeting point being Pauatahanui at 11.30ish for about an 11.45 departure.

So how about we meet outside the Bed Jazz Cafe where the parking spaces are at Pauatahanui 11.30ish?

That will allow plenty of time for your bike to get to Pram. The Zukins are on DRZ250 dirt bikes so I will take one of our dirt bikes up anyway - no need for too much speed on this trip and we should have a nice cruise back with the team from Levin.

Beemer you going to see us at Levin or have you got something else on?

Hawkeye
10th February 2007, 17:57
So how about we meet outside the Bed Jazz Cafe where the parking spaces are at Pauatahanui 11.30ish?

Great. See you there.

merv
10th February 2007, 18:17
OK see you then Hawkeye.

Now what about the rest of the world - is there anyone else other than Hawkeye and Alexthekidd that want to come on this ride?

sels1
10th February 2007, 19:12
I'll be there

merv
10th February 2007, 19:55
Good on ya Sels1 see you there.

Drum
10th February 2007, 19:57
Sorry Merv. Family commitments - otherwise I'd be in.

Enjoy the ride.