PDA

View Full Version : Spins out of the front wheel, tight discs??

rocketman1
9th February 2007, 20:25
I suspect the front discs on my bike are binding a little, when the front wheel is jacked up of the ground I am lucky to get 1 and 1/2 spins out of the front wheel, I replaced the pads 500km ago and it seems to have got worse since then, I have replaced the brake fluid, as I was told air/water in the fluid can expand & cause pressure in the lines, I also removed the pads cleaned up and sprayed a little CRC on the calipers / pots as I was advised these may cause sticking,improved a little, I can now get 1,1/2-2 spins max.
I am worried this is too tight and causing excessive fuel consumption or excessive wear, Any ideas how to free up the wheel, eg my mate gets 5 spins easily. Any ideas

Sam I Am
9th February 2007, 21:00
sorry to say one possablity the CRC may have fucked your seals in the calaper !!!!
I was taught to only use brake fluid any were near pots.

not a big problem to replace the seals. so take the pads off and see if you can push the pots back with the lid of the M/C i use a mini clamp some times and then see how well the pots push back when you pull the leaver.

hope its of some help

imdying
9th February 2007, 21:22
CRC is death to the type of rubber used in brakes. Post some good pics of the parts and I'll tell you whether you need to visit Honda or anywhere. If you can't get good pics, then you'll have to figure it out yourself.

rocketman1
13th February 2007, 19:46
Thanks,
gave them a good wash, seems all good now. thanks guys!
rocketman