PDA

View Full Version : For sale: Pit stands/paddock stands

FROSTY
10th February 2007, 18:59
Designed and made by a KIWI based in the UK, these quality race stands have sold literally by the thousands in Britain and Europe.

This stand is essential equipment for both road racers and serious road riders. Road riders can service their chain or remove their rear wheel with ease.
This unique design folds flat when not in use, so it won't take up much space in your car, boot or garage.

The stand is adjustable for height and width so it can be setup for a range of different bikes... from an FJ1200 to an RG50.
The handle slides forwards through the stand, which prevents the bike rolling off when parked on the stand.This makes long term bike storage around younger kids a heck of a lot safer
The handle length is the longest I've seen, ensuring lifting the bike with ease.

This stand will suit any modern sports bike or race bike.
I can supply the stand with either the under swingarm cups pictured or with bobbin V fittings.
Modern Sport bikes have bobbin threads cast in the bottom of the swingarm for exactly this application
Give me a yeodle guys n gals--I can deliver nation wide
$100 each stand

eliot-ness
10th February 2007, 19:45
Bugger, just bought a paddock stand last week. works ok but cost $165 and doesn't fold flat or have height adjustment and according to the instructions needs two men to operate although I've found it fairly easy on my own.

t3mp0r4ry nzr
10th February 2007, 21:24
keen on a rear stand. is a front stand available? do you have a pic of the rear stand?

FROSTY
11th February 2007, 09:20
heaps of pictures --ill see if I can find a link

FROSTY
13th February 2007, 20:04
no link sorry

Pumba
13th February 2007, 20:20
Man I think this is the third time this week ive used this link.

For pictures try

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=40133

FROSTY
18th February 2007, 22:13
thanks puma--er --but link aint working

FROSTY
25th February 2007, 21:30
still got stands available

FROSTY
6th March 2007, 18:44
still have em available

Pumba
6th March 2007, 21:20
Ok found this thread again and fixed the link.

Good things take time ok

t3mp0r4ry nzr
7th March 2007, 11:49
I still want one and if your gonna be doing the PMCC meet on the 1st April then I'll happily pay you and pick it up

FROSTY
7th March 2007, 20:44
gimme a yell dude--i do deliveies no wiorries

FROSTY
12th March 2007, 21:59
still have a few left

FROSTY
19th March 2007, 22:21
lesson learned--a fahrstorm does NOT have swingarm bobbins

FROSTY
10th April 2007, 18:51
stillhave these in stock folks

mynameis
11th April 2007, 03:09
This stand will suit any modern sports bike or race bike.

I can supply the stand with either the under swingarm cups pictured or with bobbin V fittings.

Modern Sport bikes have bobbin threads cast in the bottom of the swingarm for exactly this application.

Sorry here we go, noob questions :

What's under swingarm cups and what's V bobbins ? How do I know what type I will need for my ZXR 250 C ?

And if say my ZXR 250 uses the under swingarm cups stand and later on I get a newish bike (600) will I still be able to use it ?

I have a feeling my ZXR 250 would need the V bobbin stand ? Do I need to buy anything else ?

Thanks.

skidMark
11th April 2007, 03:30
n00b..........

White trash
11th April 2007, 07:43
Sorry here we go, noob questions :

What's under swingarm cups and what's V bobbins ? How do I know what type I will need for my ZXR 250 C ?

And if say my ZXR 250 uses the under swingarm cups stand and later on I get a newish bike (600) will I still be able to use it ?

I have a feeling my ZXR 250 would need the V bobbin stand ? Do I need to buy anything else ?

Thanks.
If your bike has little threaded holes at the rear of the swingarm on the underside, you're better off with the bobbin style.

From memory (correct me if I'm wrong please) these stands are width adjustable so you'll be able to transfer it to your late model 600 when you get it. (Unles it's a cruiser)

FROSTY
11th April 2007, 22:42
trashy has it covered off--except I have bobbins in stock so it wont be a problem.
Tonight my stand lifted my sv650 my rf 900 a gixxer 600 and a triumph 600
Just a bit of adjustment between em was all it took

mynameis
11th April 2007, 23:48
trashy has it covered off--except I have bobbins in stock so it wont be a problem.
Tonight my stand lifted my sv650 my rf 900 a gixxer 600 and a triumph 600
Just a bit of adjustment between em was all it took

So the width is adjustable and the bobbins fit any bike, stock standard? $100 everything ???

cowpoos
12th April 2007, 10:34
post a price list tony??

FROSTY
12th April 2007, 20:50
my name is --
The $100 price is for the STAND --I have a limited supply of bobbins as extras $20 a set--
In your case you'd best come see me and Ill set the stand up and fit the bobbins for ya
The stands have height /width adjustment to fit a range of different bikes-basicly I havent found a bike it wont fit as long as it has a double sided swingarm
POOS--rears are 100bucks

HDTboy
12th April 2007, 20:54
Have you got front and rear?

FROSTY
12th April 2007, 20:57
I have a limited number of steering head stands for the front

Devil
13th April 2007, 09:43
I have a limited number of steering head stands for the front
How much for the front?

FROSTY
13th April 2007, 18:57
gimmeayeodle matt :Punk:

Scooby Mike
17th April 2007, 22:07
Hi there,

I'm keen to get hold of a stand for my 250 hornet but I need to have a look and see what it has on the swing arms. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Only problem is that I'm down in Wellington. What would it cost to deliver it?

Mike

FROSTY
18th April 2007, 09:30
Hi there,

I'm keen to get hold of a stand for my 250 hornet but I need to have a look and see what it has on the swing arms. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Only problem is that I'm down in Wellington. What would it cost to deliver it?

Mike
probably a hornet doesnt have bobbins

mynameis
20th April 2007, 00:51
Ok since Frosty is busy and hasn't posted up pics thought I'd do it.

Some good features of the stand as well:

-Easy to operate, just one man needed. You get the hang of it very easy.

-Adjustable height and width. (Can use with other bikes as well).

-Light weight and large.

-Can store away if needed. (Fold flat).

-Good price, others sell between $150-$200 without the above features.

-Frostys is $100 and $20 for the bobbins (set) and if he doesn't have the right size for your bike most bike shops sell heaps of bobbins!

Overall good buy and highly recommended, cheers Tony.

Scooby Mike
20th April 2007, 12:09
probably a hornet doesnt have bobbins

You're right, no bobbins so I would need something that just slips under the swing arms. Would your stand work?

Mike

bistard
20th April 2007, 13:33
You're right, no bobbins so I would need something that just slips under the swing arms. Would your stand work?

Mike

Out spending money Mike??
If Frosty can supply the rubber blocks,you will be fine

Scooby Mike
20th April 2007, 13:52
Out spending money Mike??
If Frosty can supply the rubber blocks,you will be fine

Yep, I'm afraid so. Since the maintenance evening on Monday I've been out and got myself some chain lube (yeah, the wax stuff), a new pair of gloves (winter ones this time), some engine oil and some brake fluid.

I did have a look at using my trolley jack to jack the bike up and lube the chain but I wasn't brave enough. I'll just need to get myself a stand sooner rather than later!!!!

Kendog
20th April 2007, 17:44

Mike

We have one of his stands with the blocks, works perfectly for the Hornet.

FROSTY
20th April 2007, 19:32
I prefer to supply with V hooks--but I must say the Cups are more versatile
Either way i can supply

FROSTY
13th June 2007, 15:05
stillhave these in stock --25 left

ManDownUnder
13th June 2007, 15:25
Yep, I'm afraid so. Since the maintenance evening on Monday I've been out and got myself some chain lube (yeah, the wax stuff), a new pair of gloves (winter ones this time), some engine oil and some brake fluid.

I did have a look at using my trolley jack to jack the bike up and lube the chain but I wasn't brave enough. I'll just need to get myself a stand sooner rather than later!!!!

Yup they're the bizzo under the swingarm. The RF (all 200+kgs of it) lifts on them, piece of wees and stable as hell.

Not even a challenge. I bought a pair off Frosty... 2 or 3 years ago... brilliant.

Kendog
13th June 2007, 19:43
Mine arrived yesterday.

Works a treat, cheers Frosty :Punk:

FROSTY
16th June 2007, 12:02
2 more stands off to happy KBers

Bombus
7th August 2007, 11:06
Picked up 2 of these from Frosty this weekend, he was very helpful & when I got home was very pleased with how easy it was for me, a bit of a light weight to get the bike on & off the stand. Definately do the business- I recommend.. Thanks Frosty

BarBender
7th August 2007, 11:46
gimme a yell dude--i do deliveies no wiorries

Hey Frosty -

Any chance you could courier/deliver mine to me?
I'm too busy to come get them.
Let me know your details and I'll pay shipping.

Cheers
Rona

FROSTY
7th August 2007, 18:40
Hey Frosty -

Any chance you could courier/deliver mine to me?
I'm too busy to come get them.
Let me know your details and I'll pay shipping.

Cheers
Rona
I wondered what happened to you --can ship em no worries--Ill have to break em down to ship em -

BarBender
7th August 2007, 21:57
I wondered what happened to you --can ship em no worries--Ill have to break em down to ship em -

Sorry mate. Thanks for doing that
Been on holiday and just started a new job...bla bla bla...
Let me know costs via PM.
PM-ing my details now!

MyGSXF
19th March 2008, 17:54
Hi there, Steve here.. :beer:do you do stands for Triumph speed triples single sided swing arm type at all? Cheers :2thumbsup like one in this auction..

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=145385047

FROSTY
20th March 2008, 07:05
watch this space--more stock will be coming soon

Squiggles
20th March 2008, 15:55
watch this space--more stock will be coming soon
Sweet, im looking for a under the headstock one

Squiggles
16th April 2008, 17:09
*bump* me keen

Pumba
16th April 2008, 17:14
Sweet, im looking for a under the headstock one

I would be keen on one of those as well if you are looking at stocking them, the rear stand I got off you has worked a treat and was well worth the money:2thumbsup

FROSTY
17th April 2008, 11:07
well great news> the manufacturer will start making them again soon IN NEW ZEALAND :rolleyes:

madandy
6th June 2008, 14:26
I'm keen for a rear for my 900 :D

unrealone
6th June 2008, 15:17
I'd definately be keen for a Front & Rear for the RS

HenryDorsetCase
6th June 2008, 15:32
I could go a front headstock stand