PDA

View Full Version : Members offering help

SpankMe
7th August 2004, 20:29
To help better orginize the help offered by members in the "Things Happen (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=2841)" thread, I have modified the notes system so that those who wish to offer services to fellow members, they can do so knowing only senior members (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showgroups.php) can view the notes. You need to have been a member for 125 days, have a reputation greater than -20 and have made at least 200 posts before becoming a senior member.

<a href="/forums/customlist.php?do=shownotes">The list of members offering free services to Kiwi Biker kin.</a>

Posh Tourer :P
7th August 2004, 22:14
Attached is a printable version of a list of contacts for you to take away with you if you are on a trip. They offer accomodation through to support if the worst happens.

This document (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7270) holds a file updated 11/02/05 with a list of people willing to offer accomodation or help to any of our senior members. It is slightly bigger than the attachment below and is only viewable by senior members.

Updated 26/12/04

Maarten

scumdog
17th August 2004, 20:25
I thought I had posted what kind of assistance I could offer but could not locate it on "the document", have I done something wrong?

enigma51
19th August 2004, 22:19
Thanks for the doc I had a mate a few weeks ago that was in trouble and was thinking of starting a document like this myself cause trust me it was a bitch to get help on a Sunday afternoon

Thanks
Dud

Ms Piggy
19th August 2004, 22:32
Attached is a printable version of a list of contacts for you to take away with you if you are on a trip. They offer accomodation through to support if the worst happens.

This document (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2918) holds a file updated 9/8/04 with a list of people willing to offer accomodation or help to any of our senior members. It is slightly bigger than the attachment below and is only viewable by senior members.

Updated 9/8/04

Maarten
Hey Maarten,
I could only access the general doc.

Cheers CSL

SpankMe
19th August 2004, 22:47
Hey Maarten,
I could only access the general doc.

Cheers CSL

Fixed.

Posh, when ya update the doc, the attachment ID changes so you need to update the link.

Ms Piggy
19th August 2004, 22:50
Fixed.

Posh, when ya update the doc, the attachment ID changes so you need to update the link.
Thanks SpankMe :niceone:

chainsaw
19th August 2004, 22:50
Always keen to see bikers at my door in Ngaruawahia

Brazier
Good coffee machine

Jay widda 150
16th September 2004, 14:30
yeah but it mentions nothing about alien help on the doco. where can jay go to kill the aliens??? :Oi:

scumdog
16th September 2004, 16:29
yeah but it mentions nothing about alien help on the doco. where can jay go to kill the aliens??? :Oi:

WTF, never drunk enought to write something like that OR to understand it. :blah: :wacko: :spudwhat:

Artifice
17th September 2004, 10:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay widda 150
yeah but it mentions nothing about alien help on the doco. where can jay go to kill the aliens???
Quote:
Scumdog
WTF, never drunk enought to write something like that OR to understand it.

So no Martians have written in offering back country abductions on the desert road?
They can help you get to town with a :blank: look on your face and a suspicion of probing :eek: . nothing that :apint: wont fix.

scumdog
17th September 2004, 10:35
So no Martians have written in offering back country abductions on the desert road?
They can help you get to town with a :blank: look on your face and a suspicion of probing :eek: . nothing that :apint: wont fix.

Hmmm, yeah, riiight, oh-kay, yup, :confused2 (I think) :crazy:

Slingshot
30th September 2004, 20:43
have a reputation greater than -20

Do you start the reputation thing on -20?

I think I've satisfyed the other requirements but not sure about this one. What else do I need to do to become a senior member?

FROSTY
14th November 2004, 13:58
Well now i'm SANS van --i can now offer to be the west auckland/nth shore etc recovery crew.
If Im working a SENIOR KB member can come see me for van keys to pick up the stranded biker.

FROSTY
15th November 2004, 12:53
Posh--Yep add it in as full workshop.place to crash if needed and recovery vehicle -possibly self drive if Im working
Ill cover say west auck/shore to wellsford.
also my place in Mangawhai would be available to store bikes broken or busted as if a temporrary secure storage is needed.
once I get back from Taupo Ill rig up a propper bike ramp and tie down points.

20th November 2004, 12:36
I'll do all this hopefully before I go to the barrier on Tuesday. If not, it'll be updated after Xmas....

RiderInBlack
26th November 2004, 06:34
The following is a list of members offering free services to Kiwi Biker kin.

You missed me:( I've updated my notes now:2thumbsup

guzzi_nz
16th December 2004, 07:48
I see you guys dont have any one in southland ---western southland
i be happly too help in this area of counrty :headbang:

scumdog
17th December 2004, 21:04
Just a thought, if really stuck call (03) 418-0203 and ask for scumdog, once the derision and swearing has subsided the good 'ol boys will steer you right - and tell you where I live if you pass their scrutineering. :cool2:

RiderInBlack
17th December 2004, 21:11
Just a thought, if really stuck call (03) 418-0203 and ask for scumdog, once the derision and swearing has subsided the good 'ol boys will steer you right - and tell you where I live if you pass their scrutineering. :cool2:Watch out as I might just do that in March.

scumdog
24th December 2004, 10:17

This document (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3096) holds a file updated 22/8/04 with a list of people willing to offer accomodation or help to any of our senior members. It is slightly bigger than the attachment below and is only viewable by senior members.

Updated 22/8/04

Maarten

Had a look at these documents but failed to locate any info on myself and what help I could offer, am I not looking correctly?. :spudwhat:

Jantar
21st January 2005, 23:25
I'm also able to assist anyone in Central Otago.

I have a large horse float for pickups.

A spare room in the house, and 11 acres suitable for camping for those who arrive after the spare room has been claimed.

I can act as guide for anyone passing through, or just stop in for a coffee (or something stronger).

12th February 2005, 15:06
I have just updated these lists.... Print them out and carry them with you.....

:yes:

You never know when you might need them.....

Megazoid
12th March 2005, 04:16
i know i shouldnt annoy you guys, but i've got no one else to ask... i'm looking to buy a bike, in credit ofcourse, but i know nothing about it.... can you tell me please about what kind of license do i need to get, and is there restrictions on the bikes that i can ride? or just give me a link to a page where that's being explained... also, is there any good bikes that i can buy under 7000 i personaly really like that one http://www.motorcycle.co.nz/bdisplay.lasso?-KeyValue=33133&-Token.Action= and this one http://www.motorcycle.co.nz/bdisplay.lasso?-KeyValue=32793&-Token.Action= or anything like that....

thanks for your time.... i'm really sorry if i didnt post this in the right place...

dangerous
12th March 2005, 07:38
i know i shouldnt annoy you guys, but i've got no one else to ask... i'm looking to buy a bike, in credit ofcourse, but i know nothing about it.... can you tell me please about what kind of license do i need to get, and is there restrictions on the bikes that i can ride? or just give me a link to a page where that's being explained... also, is there any good bikes that i can buy under 7000 i personaly really like that one http://www.motorcycle.co.nz/bdisplay.lasso?-KeyValue=33133&-Token.Action= and this one http://www.motorcycle.co.nz/bdisplay.lasso?-KeyValue=32793&-Token.Action= or anything like that....

thanks for your time.... i'm really sorry if i didnt post this in the right place...
Mate you arnt going to annoy anyone asking questions like that, welcome to KB.
I'm not up with m/c licence restrictions as there wernt any back then, so I'd reconmend that you start a new thread in the 'new members' or this forum and ask again as it should get a bigger responce.
All I can say is a SV650 is too big for a starting point even if you had a full licence.
The GSX is a great wee bike but as a beginer I wouldent reconmend full fairings as part of learning to ride is arseing off, and a bike like that is very costly to repair.

Megazoid
12th March 2005, 08:01
thank you... i will copy this to the noob forum =)... but and answer you in there...

Megazoid
12th March 2005, 09:48
can someone make a new thread for me please?... my cookies are screwed up, and i cant do it....

SpankMe
12th March 2005, 20:57
I’ve tidied up the members help/usernotes (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/usernote.php?do=shownotes) page to group by location. I’ve created a Residence in NZ option in the User CP profile. So if you have an offering of help in your usernotes, could you set this option correctly in your profile.

Also to help with the layout could you make sure your notes have a title.

Milky
28th June 2005, 21:28
I am happy to update the contact lists since PT isn't in NZ anymore - I have all the stuff he did on our computer at home, so if you want to be removed/edited/added please get in contact with me with the appropriate details.

Milky
1st July 2005, 23:32
bump bump bump

scumdog
2nd July 2005, 00:12
My details still stand.
Any KBer on tour welcome to drop in.

RiderInBlack
2nd July 2005, 18:18
My details still stand.
Any KBer on tour welcome to drop in.Dito. You'll come an' see us when ya can:ride: :Punk:
Sorry I didn't catch-up with you when I was down that way, SD. There'll be a beer here for ya if'n ya ever up this way:drinkup:

Doug

Blakamin
3rd July 2005, 00:53
still there if you need....

Pancakes
8th August 2005, 11:50
Can anyone reccomend a mechanic in the North West of AK? Or a place I can get a shock seal for my sexy GN? It's a bit of a fountain at the 'mo.

edit: It's cool, I'm sorted.

WINJA
14th September 2005, 17:33
ANY ONE WHO FALLS OFF THEIR BIKE OR HAS A BREAK DOWN AND NEEDS SOMEWHERE SAFE TO STORE THEIR MACHINE BETWEEN HUNTLY AND HAM CAN LEAVE IT AT MY PLACE AND GET A COFFEE WHEN HERE, ALL WELCOME EVEN ZED

RiderInBlack
14th September 2005, 20:08
ANY ONE WHO FALLS OFF THEIR BIKE OR HAS A BREAK DOWN AND NEEDS SOMEWHERE SAFE TO STORE THEIR MACHINE BETWEEN HUNTLY AND HAM CAN LEAVE IT AT MY PLACE AND GET A COFFEE WHEN HERE, ALL WELCOME EVEN ZEDWhat, and don't have to paint your house:devil2: Just kidding Winja. Awesome one Dude:Punk:

FROSTY
18th September 2005, 09:55
To nudge this up -Dorklanders needing a recovery vehicle gimme a yell. Lil toot my van is usually available for recovery.
As long as ya return it WITH GAS IN IT --aye trashy :ar15:

mic-nsr
22nd September 2005, 20:18
can sum1 tell me how to change my user name ???

Joni
22nd September 2005, 20:21
PM Spankme or Wari

Sniper
23rd September 2005, 08:27

There should be an english tutor around there too.

babyB
8th October 2005, 16:26
put me in the help list too (have put in user notes)
ill do wot i can.....but welcome to call in on ya travels, or in need of accomidation, Im prety handy with a camera (as some of you already know)& photo-printer. im no machanic but my tool kit aint too bad

2wheels in Red Beach
10th October 2005, 20:18
Being a newbie to this site i never realised how much of a biking comunity there really is out there. Its good to be apart of it. :niceone:

11th October 2005, 05:31
Copy that BabyB. Will get on to it....

MissSniper
12th October 2005, 12:12
I think Sniper has offered, but could you please add us to the list?

13th October 2005, 21:33
IIRC you are already on there... Will check that out though....

kro
24th October 2005, 07:25
Hmmm, not sure I have much to offer I guess I can provide the following small services if needed.

Recovery in Nelson/Marlborough (have a shiteload of tools etc too)
Secure lockup for bikes
Small lawn for tents to be pitched on at home.
Coffee/ Tea bikkies for those passing thru, just wanting to pit stop.
Parking for about 8-10 bikes at top of driveway.

24th October 2005, 23:54
Copy that kronos.

I'm sure that your help will be much appreciated by whoever happens to need it... Recovery is hardly a small service....

kro
25th October 2005, 05:39
Ok, thanks Posh. Do I have to submit a phone number to someone, and my address?, let me know.
thanks

25th October 2005, 21:23
send a pm to milky with what is in that message, plus your ph no. and first name (saves people ringing up and asking hey is OMGWTFBBQ there please)

xseleven
4th January 2006, 10:17
yep chainsaw same goes for me, any bikers need to just take a brake or need a hand, call in if your in tauranga. :ride:

trumpy
4th January 2006, 16:40
Anyone needing recovery/help etc in the central North Island region (ie based around Taupo) I have a 4wd van and a couple of bike trailers one of which could be loaned out in an emergency. If I am in town I could possibly even come and rescue ya. Happy to cover from Tirau to Waiouru, Taumaranui to summit of Napier/Taupo rd and also of course Rotovegas.
Also have good workshop for repair and storage.

Posh do you need my details or are you able to access them off the site?

knuckles
17th February 2006, 09:19
secure facilitys... [wood shed wif no door an big big mutt]
comprhensive tool kit...[blunt chisel,brick,nut fuckers etc]
road side recovery kit[tow rope and shovel]

im just south of te awamutu on the main rd ,no shit, helps just a ph call away
no mater what you ride...

to those in the know...any rules on posting cell ph numbers on the site???????

17th February 2006, 10:30
cheers for that, pm me your cell no, and real first name (saves people trying to call you by your KB nick) and I´ll add you to the lists I´ve made up (see post #1 or 2

kiwifruit
21st February 2006, 11:24
not sure if i can offer anything of great value...
willing to do what ever i can for bikers broken down in the central north island
havent got recovery vehicle or anything but could do parts run etc
spare room etc if needed
parking in the lounge next to my bike :)
happy to do whatever i can for anyone on 2 wheels
Regards, Allan.

kevie
16th April 2006, 22:54
Thought I had already done this ... but cant find it lol yeh yeh .... I was born blonde too:yeah:

But im Marton area and offer my services in assisting a fellow KBer who may brake down in the area or just need a pitstop or overnight place to lay his/her weary head.

Our contact is 06-3275098 or 0275532280

17th April 2006, 03:21
Cool.... I have a few to catch up with now, will get onto it soon. Sorry to those who have sent me details and havent appeared yet....
Will also fix the link to the senior members list too...

RiderInBlack
17th April 2006, 11:42
OK just modified my user notes to show that I am no longer a Registered Nurse, otherwise very thing else is the same.

Baby B and I found this hard too find and had trouble with the Senior Members' link for the User Notes last time we need this. I've put this Link " User Notes (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/customlist.php?do=shownotes) " in My Favorites now so that I can find it faster.

surfchick
18th April 2006, 08:38
Posh--Yep add it in as full workshop.place to crash if needed and recovery vehicle -possibly self drive if Im working
Ill cover say west auck/shore to wellsford.
also my place in Mangawhai would be available to store bikes broken or busted as if a temporrary secure storage is needed.
once I get back from Taupo Ill rig up a propper bike ramp and tie down points.

Awesome frost-myster!!

kickingzebra
18th April 2006, 08:47
Oooh, Add me... Have a bit of parking space, garage, tools etc. Can normally come up with some hot food and drink, Have cars and towbars, can find trailers if recovery needed in and around hamilton (75 km radius?) Couple of spare bedrooms, and a friendly kitty cat...
Give us a buzz if you need a hand
Jonno
027JSDALEY
027 573 2539

Bangbug
18th April 2006, 16:13
200 Posts? ok, doesn't sound a lot....... but I've got some work to do.
Still, today is my first day back since 27 april 2005. I'VE BEEN BUSY RIDING! But now its crappy weather. It is once again so nice to be surrounded by bikey things and bikey sayings and bikey good naturedness.
List of people and stuff they will do for you?
damn, don't get that anywhere else.
I'll add to it when I can see it :)

:wari: hey, a new dancing banana
:banana: :wari: now it's a party!
I see it's called wari.......... do i thank wari......... you should ALWAYS thank wari. so...... thanks wari

pseils
8th May 2006, 01:20
Hi All,
I'm actually from the land of OZ, South Australia and just wanted to say... let you people know that I think you're great (been reading your posts). The thing I like about New Zealand, besides the beauty of the place, is the people! In the last 4 years, I've been to NZ 3 times now for 3 weeks at a time covering most of the country by now, generally speaking, except the eastern tip of Nth Island and Stewart Is. Ahem, unfortunately by car as I'm the only biker in the family. Hope to visit again some time next year for skiing. Wanaka is the place to go - so I'm told, but who knows, maybe even the Ruapehue region. Oops, sorry for digressing.

Cheers,
Peter.

Jase W
14th May 2006, 01:03
I've added a user note with my phone number/next of kin.
Im happy to put people up with a place to stay & storage for bikes in a secure garage. Cant offer any recovery atm as have no other transport, will be able to once mum flicks off the old work wagon to me though.

adam666
29th June 2006, 01:09
Hey all, any probs round welly Ill do what I can.

Have garage/tools - but probly best if you know how to use them :)

no recovery vehicle as such but could probly round one up / or a trailer if necessary.

based in the nui - have lazyboy or mattress on floor available for use :p

cheers
Adam

xsive-rider
9th September 2006, 20:22
if anyone needs to stop over for the night, i have plenty of room, mattresses on the floor, plenty of parking in garage for bikes, basic tools, beers, coffe ect.
or just stop for coffee, anytime more than welcome day or night.
greerton, tauranga, 07 5783551. paul.:sunny:

andrea
10th September 2006, 21:29
hey this site is getting better and better, now just to get off my fat arse and get onto the rides and meet other Kber's, Ive saved the contact list onto my usb cheers guys

11th September 2006, 23:54
Thanks for that Paul...

I'm trying to get this all sorted, but being away on holiday isnt helping. I'll see what I can do and hopefully it will all be running smoothly soon.... If anyone else wants to help out or design something better, feel free, but I'm happy to keep this running. I'm back home before Xmas, so it will be much easier from then....

inlinefour
9th October 2006, 10:33
Well a van thats set up for transporting bikes. A good selection of tools, big garage etc etc. If I'm not working, I can be helping, just ask.

lb99
1st December 2006, 08:53
so I cant read the list, but I can offer my services in the Marlborough area, I have a huge car, and a trailer, plenty of lock up storage and tools, as well as a lawn to camp on, and beer in the fridge:yes:

I presume the mods can access my contact details to add to the list, if no then can someone PM me?

2nd December 2006, 19:32
Thanks to both IL4 and lb99...

I am back in the country in two weeks, and at that time I will got on to updating everything and perhaps look at making it easier to access too...

lb could you pm me with your details please?

nudemetalz
7th December 2006, 20:49
I am more than willing to help anyone out who has a bike to do with mentoring or just some advice :)

RT527
7th December 2006, 21:02
If anyone needs accomodation For the Paeroa Street Race 2007 then I have some room, I have a large back yard for tents and some room inside, plus a bbq.
Also if anyone breaks down on the Hauraki Plains you can Call me if I`m home I will try to help.

elle-f
16th December 2006, 17:41
i couldnt access the document - what does it take to be a senior member? time here?

paturoa
16th December 2006, 18:07
i couldnt access the document - what does it take to be a senior member? time here?

tis in the first post in the thread

elle-f
16th December 2006, 18:12
thank you :bye:

RiderInBlack
17th December 2006, 10:14
Have shifted in ta Whangarei City. Have Up-dated my User Notes ta reflect the changes.

Big Dog
19th December 2006, 22:33
No use to anyone wanting a recovery.
As a student of computers and networks I am offering my services.
Where this is a major a Koha to the site may be required, and you may need to supply dinner.
See my user note for details.

Big Dog
19th December 2006, 22:49
My user note does not appear to display, am I showing how much practice I need or is there a reason?

howdamnhard
17th May 2007, 00:27
Printed off the list to put in my backpack,for in case of an emergency.Great idea and thanks for all those who have offered to help.:yes:

mogiman
12th September 2007, 11:45
Done the same ,but just want to know is the list from the first post still in use as i couldnt see any other one in here ,
THANKS to all the people on this hope i dont need you !!!!!!:scooter:

RT527
16th September 2007, 08:50
My details have changed slightly ...got a new ph # and can i be added to the list please.

McDuck
22nd November 2007, 20:55
Hay i am Donald and i have acar witha tow ball. Can get tralier. Am happy to do trips up the cape to pick up broken bikes (but may need help with gass money, poor student)

Multiman
24th November 2007, 10:54
I Have a ute set up to carry bikes, went to do a good samaritan up on woodcocks Rd last thursday but by the time I got back there everone had scarpered. I should have got a cell No. I guess, Stupid of me.
Still shit does happen and I'm happy to help if a biker needs it.
Can also help out with graphics and replica stickers if your haveing difficulty scourcing them for your bike.

Ocean1
4th December 2007, 20:49
Is Posh still handling this?

Whoever is I've made with the user note. I can help with recovery and storage around the Wgtn region most of the time. Can also help with minor repairs.

Cheers,

Mark.

huck farley
7th December 2007, 15:59
In my opinion this having to be a senior to add your name to the help services list is about as dumb as it gets. Just what's the reasoning behind it? I belong to a club and have helped, shown around, offered a camp site, towed bikes back. You name it and I've done it to help a fellow biker out!!

The way I see it is that help on this site is very thin on the ground. Especially in the provinces. I would have thought the more people that offered to help the better.

For example If I were in a province doing the back roads (like you do) and I broke down. But couldn't afford a towee.
I have only one "Senior"person to ring. If he's not home. Or his shoe phone is turned of. I'm in the shit.

So the more the merrier I would of thought. Anyway that's my two penneth's worth.

ManDownUnder
7th December 2007, 16:02
For example If I were in a province doing the back roads (like you do) and I broke down. But couldn't afford a towee.
I have only one "Senior"person to ring. If he's not home. Or his shoe phone is turned of. I'm in the shit.

So the more the merrier I would of thought. Anyway that's my two penneth's worth.

'tis a good point but I'd suggest the next step is to ring someone - anyone on KB and have them post a "help wanted" note online...

It's happened quite a number of times to good effect.

RiderInBlack
7th December 2007, 16:07
The way I see it is that help on this site is very thin on the ground. Especially in the provinces. I would have thought the more people that offered to help the better.There are a lot of Riders that do help on this site that have choosen not ta put their personal details on the Members Offering Help list for good reason. I respect them for their choices. Please don't knock the list just because ya think more should be on it (that is my option).

RiderInBlack
7th December 2007, 16:15
Have shifted again. No longer have a workshop and accommodation is sparse, but can still do pick-up (see my user notes).

huck farley
8th December 2007, 19:10
Please don't knock the list just because ya think more should be on it (that is my option).[/COLOR][/FONT]

:doh: I wasn't knocking the list or anyone on it. I think anyone should be able to put their name forward if they are genuine and want to help a fellow biker in distress.

I belong to the Ulysses club and I always carry my assistance book in the bag.

As they run a system that anyone can put their name forward from first joining the club to help in several ways.

Like camp site, breakdown, recovery, ride out, show other members the sites, stopover, accommodation, get the picture.

Not a bad Idea you must agree. I thought a site with thousands of members would have more than say 50 odd people to give assistance to mates in every aspect.

If anyone gets stuck in my neck of the woods (Wanganui) I will only be to pleased to help out, if I can. Give us a PM for contact numbers. Well that's my threepence worth.
cheers.
"Huck Farley"

headlesschicken
17th January 2008, 08:20
Hi, new member here. I'm getting my first bike and was wondering if there was anyone in chch that would be kind enough to do a once over for me while im on a test ride?

RiderInBlack
18th January 2008, 11:49
Have shifted again. No longer have a workshop and accommodation is sparse, but can still do pick-up (see my user notes).
Back out on the farm again (don't ya just love relationships:wacko:), so have workshop and accommodation again (see my user notes).

maxworldbiker
23rd January 2008, 13:24
We're in Mapua (we're not nudists, so you won't have to be either!) and we have a spare KS bed and a set of bunks in a very comfy sleepout, loads of slopey ground but a bit of level for tents, and can probably find a teensy bit of garage space for a bike or two if need be. We have trucks with towbars, a trailer, and untold ratchet tie downs. Its no hassle, if we're around, to rescue people if they need it, as far up as Takaka/Golden Bay way, where a lot of bikes go coz its such noice roads but there aint much in the way of bike shops, or even cell phone reception if you break down.

Warning tho, we do have a dog that will want to love ya to death, and two cats, one of which won't even wake up to acknowledge you, and the other of which will probably want to use you as claw-sharpening device.

Dunno who I give the contact info to, someone can maybe PM me to supply it? I don't have time just now to wade thru the thread and I'm a bit of a techno dinosaur anyway. Bottom line - we're here, and we're happy to help anyone who needs it, day or night.

seens
6th February 2008, 19:33
hay guys anyone able to tell me when the toy run Cambridge to Hams is on?

TOTO
5th March 2008, 10:54
Hello Falks. I think that you offering help to needing riders is brilliant and noble thing.

We are organising a tour up noth with the 250s in auckland and I was going trough this threaad to see who is able to help up north. I found a couple of you but since some posts are over a year or two old I was wondering if someone can just say if they are available for help should we need it (hope not) along our main route.

our main route is as follows : SH12 , SH1 from Kawakawa to Kaitaia, SH10, and a road that goes from Kaikohe to Whangarei (see map).

many thanks in advance and would highly appreshiate anyone willing to help is an emergency. many thanks

Here is a MAP of our tour.---> http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=87889&d=1204369841

TOTO

McDuck
5th March 2008, 10:55
Just PM people, they will reply with a yay or nay.

davereid
6th July 2008, 19:20
Got a ute.. handy with a wrench and a volt meter - will always help out a stuck motorcyclist.. just pm if ya need help.. davereid

kneescraper
20th July 2008, 17:54
Im a bit late on this (sorry mods) but I have a ute, I can assit in garage space, tools (alot of em including welder, air compressor, etc etc) and have many friends in the motorcycle mechanic trade.

PM me or txt me on 021 963 176 if you need my help in any such way.

paulmac
13th August 2008, 14:21
How do we 1, post our name and contact number on this list
2, Print this list off when we go tournig around this fine country ?

Avaliable to help in south taranaki most of the time, pick up, storage, bed, coffee

Bute
1st October 2008, 19:57
i can offer similar circumstances as Kro but will throw a beer in there too :)

Blackshear
17th November 2008, 19:59
Hey guys.
I know it's not free mechanics workshop sorta deal, I come bearing a 4-pack of your favourite. The bike shop quoted me 100$ to change my chain, and two sprockets (Which are sealed, in my hands). Anyone in the aucks region I can skedattle to, and deliver your prize? :first: I might even upgrade to a dual x 4 pack. I would do it myself, but after failing so hard on my pushbikem at doing shit myself, I really would not like to chuck in and out a few bolts again :no: Hit me up with a PM or anything. Hell, even some criticism will quelch my thirst for attention.

Cheers, regardless.

The Lone Rider
17th November 2008, 23:42
You can put me down for helping KB people for the following:

Accomodation with garaged bike storage, tour guide of the local area, help with break downs

Bren
18th November 2008, 04:44
My wife and I are always happy to put people up....we have a spare room and a lockable garage in Otaki, Kapiti Coast

crystalball
5th December 2008, 21:55
sweet good knowledge to know.ill add a few numbers in my mobile.thanks guys good to know people are out there willing to help other bikers.;)

Hiflyer
18th December 2008, 19:31
Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this but its about people helping people right?

I'd just like to say thankyou to whoever helped me a few weeks back in Kohimarama (hopefully you remember) i didn't catch your name sorry. But my chain came off my back wheel and gearbox and I was sitting on the side of the road with no tools and a Maori guy with a ute decided to help a poor guy out and he fixed it up and sent me on my way with nothing but a thankyou required from me!

All i know is he had a blackbird and told me to check this site out.

so yea if you do read this or know who it might've been let me know!! :sunny:

AND THANKYOU HEAPS!!!!

Blackbird
19th December 2008, 07:06
Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this but its about people helping people right?

I'd just like to say thankyou to whoever helped me a few weeks back in Kohimarama (hopefully you remember) i didn't catch your name sorry. But my chain came off my back wheel and gearbox and I was sitting on the side of the road with no tools and a Maori guy with a ute decided to help a poor guy out and he fixed it up and sent me on my way with nothing but a thankyou required from me!

All i know is he had a blackbird and told me to check this site out.

so yea if you do read this or know who it might've been let me know!! :sunny:

AND THANKYOU HEAPS!!!!

Sounds like either KB'er JTZZR or a guy I know who lives in Henderson - will let them both know.

portokiwi
19th December 2008, 07:59
:lol: the only thing we can offer is a spare room. I am worse then tim the tool man. gabby is a great cook. :hug:

jtzzr
30th December 2008, 07:57
Sounds like either KB'er JTZZR or a guy I know who lives in Henderson - will let them both know.

Guilty as Charged, sorry for the late reply.

hmmmnz
20th January 2009, 23:03
you can put me down for spare room,
lockable garage, basic tools,
and am good with electrics, and fault finding
i can also help any one with any sort of maintance,

im in lyall bay, wellington
pm if you need anything,

logan

Monstaman
17th July 2009, 08:13
We can help, we have vehicles, trailers, workshop, welding equipment and contact to a local bike shop who can overnight parts if need be.

We have heaps of spare beds etc as well and a wealth of info from the Wanaka Motorcycle Club.

_Shrek_
16th August 2009, 23:08
tools, compressor, gas & arc welders, bed & trailer if needed :mobile: 0273525616

cheers :apint:

88bros
10th September 2009, 19:00
anyone need any parts for a Ford or a Holden flick me an email, be glad to help.

chris@advancedparts.co.nz

:rockon:

hmmmnz
11th November 2009, 10:55
address change,
now at the top of houghton bay road,
still have a spare room and now an even larger garage
most tools to do most jobs,
can even do pick up in the van or with the bike trailer
possibly even redrocks pick up in the van (lifted delica 4x4)

Ratti
1st January 2010, 13:55
Lower Hutt
spare bed, lock up shed and coffee. easy ride to the Ferrys ifyou need an overnight or caffiene break before you hit the road.

88bros
23rd January 2010, 22:16
I can help with painting your bike if you need advice or a job done.

pc220
24th January 2010, 10:27
Can supply a bed a garage ,tools and pick ups around the south waikato area.Always happy to help out. 0273349703

Urano
20th March 2010, 02:27
what a great topic!
it'd be impossible to do the same here in italy.... this is awesome.

congratulations to you all...

munster
20th March 2010, 07:59
I'm willing to be put on the list too. Have trailer and work ute, so gas ain't a problem.

dpbrt
17th September 2010, 00:05
Hey guys, I just thought i'd let you know i'm not far away from launching a dedicated motorcycle towing service in Auckland. I'll start a new thread with a full list of services closer to launch date.

thanks all

Kevin 021 156 9448

livee
8th February 2011, 09:53
I can't help much in the way of rescue, mechanical issues etc etc but can offer a hot drink & shower to anyone in need - in sunny Napier

On a side note: can anyone's assistance extend to checking out / test riding a bike in Kawerau for me?

My first bike was stolen 3 weeks ago and I'm on the hunt for a 2nd. There's slim pickings in the Bay here & I can't afford to travel the country at the mo looking at bikes unless I'm sure I'm going to bring it home!

GPS MAN
22nd June 2011, 18:32
Need a rescue in Hawkes Bay...I can help! Have a bed, shower, meal, and hot drink... Must love dogs...well like anyway....Ha!

slide
8th January 2012, 12:30
I can offer a trailer in Whangarei area for emergencies and have full range of tools and a shed even coffee but no beds sorry 0274986982

Sliver
18th January 2012, 20:48
Can offer Bed, Shower,coffee ETC in Dunedin,Also can get into my workshop at work if needed.

nzvlogger
20th February 2012, 17:27
I can offer a few things, IT Help, WebDesign, And Ford and Holden car parts :D

mattathm
24th March 2012, 21:53
Work from Home in Wellington... Can fix most things Bike and Car related.
A Grade Qualified.
Gimme a PM to discuss any probs.
No unhappy customers yet!

karmobRob
25th March 2012, 07:50
Great thread, put me on the list. I can offer a drop in, recovery, accomodation, workshop, hey even a beer to fellow KBers. Richmond, Nelson call Robert 021556608. Great local watering hole, the Sprig and Fern.

Flip
4th April 2012, 23:39
Oamaru.

Ute, spare bed room, workshop, secure bike storage.

027 603 0059

fergie
18th April 2012, 12:49
I'm on the coromandel at Whangapoua Beach Store, my mechanical knowledge is on a par with a fish but i have more tools than tim the toolman taylor.
so if you are doing the coro loop and need something call in.

GPS MAN
19th August 2012, 17:06
I'm in Hawkes Bay ~ I can offer tools, place to stay, meal, and a trailer if needed... If you can stand an American? Ha!

021 874 602

Wade

Stevee2
21st August 2012, 14:03
I'm a Chartered Accountant, if anyone needs accounting related info :blink:

brianblaze
10th October 2012, 19:28
I'm a nerd... I can fix most techy things, and also worked in a phone shop for years so can fix alot of phone related issues!

Juniper
5th July 2013, 09:46
Happy to offer any assistance or advice on
Project Coordination or Project Administration.
Word and excel help for your local club.

Or just a cider and a lockable garage on the shore.

ducatilover
5th July 2013, 10:56
I'm happy to throw spanners around, cars/bikes. I travel around a bit, but I'm usually, Manawatu/Wairarapa, Hawke's Bay and Bay of Plenty :drinkup:

Oh, I'm a mechanic apparently.

unstuck
5th July 2013, 11:11
My place is always open, help yourself. Opposite Aroha center in Gore. Heaps of tools and shit in the shed(if you find a 13mm powerbuilt through socket, I want it back). We are only getting 3 eggs a day at the moment so If you want eggs bring ya own. Nice relaxing gardens and close to town. May be a few police calling in and out from time to time, but dont worry about them, they are harmless. And the dogs dont bite, they just leave their fur everywhere.:headbang::headbang:

Akzle
12th July 2013, 07:32
i can do fucking everything because i'm a fucking badass. i have a stack of tools and run on beer and pot. (and cash)
i'll travel wherever you want, as long as you pay me.

unstuck
12th July 2013, 07:36
WHOOOSH.............That was quick.:devil2:

The Reibz
12th July 2013, 07:36
Full range of Welding services.

TIG Welding of Aluminium and Stainless steels.
MMAW All Positions, All material thicknesses.
MIG All positions, All material thicknesses.

Merge collector fabrication, Turbo manifolds, Custom Exhaust headers. Aluminium Plenums/Airboxes. Cast Aluminium Repairs. Cracked Engine Case repairs (post your fucked ones to me and I will post em back).

$20 minimum charge or a box of beers. No job to small or to large.

Juniper
26th August 2013, 15:41
Can anyone point me in the direction to get my tank and tail fairings reprinted? I just want the white not the green pink white and blue they are now.

mattathm
26th August 2013, 16:39
Can anyone point me in the direction to get my tank and tail fairings reprinted? I just want the white not the green pink white and blue they are now.

where you live might help....
and reprinted or repainted???

Juniper
26th August 2013, 16:45
where you live might help....
and reprinted or repainted???

Ahhh whoops, North Shore Auckland.

Bloody iPhone- repainted.

Bikemad
26th August 2013, 17:07
i"m having some bits painted at the mo by a geezer in hillside road.........get them back end of the week so will let you know if i"m a happy chap or not

Kolorinn Kustoms Motorcycle Panel and Paint..........68 Hillside Road
Mark......0210417735.............5513611
kolorinnkustoms@hotmail.com
www.kolorinnkustoms.co.nz

Bikemad
6th September 2013, 16:18
yep happy as............will be getting more done there in the future

Jackpot
10th October 2013, 15:45
Please delete....

Juniper
15th October 2013, 08:24
Was there anyone offering a couch (or spare bed) in Hamilton....... This Friday perhaps?

haydes55
15th October 2013, 08:51
Was there anyone offering a couch (or spare bed) in Hamilton....... This Friday perhaps?

Couch, yes. Spare bed, no. you're welcome to stay at my place. Only couch available sorry. Have sleeping bag and pillows if needed though.

Kendoll
17th December 2013, 11:59
i"m having some bits painted at the mo by a geezer in hillside road.........get them back end of the week so will let you know if i"m a happy chap or not

Kolorinn Kustoms Motorcycle Panel and Paint..........68 Hillside Road
Mark......0210417735.............5513611
kolorinnkustoms@hotmail.com
www.kolorinnkustoms.co.nz

I've only heard good things about those guys so good to know it's all right :)

Juniper
17th December 2013, 20:08
yep happy as............will be getting more done there in the future

Went to see him the other week for a quote..... Great customer service so far.

Ntoxcated
17th December 2013, 20:28
Went to see him the other week for a quote..... Great customer service so far.

You saw the job he did on my bike. Definite recommendation from me.

rudolph
10th July 2019, 20:12
I need to get an old 1984 Yamaha YZ to taranaki and a Suzuki TS from the same address back to Auckland, can someone help me? I can give you gas, money, beer, ect