PDA

View Full Version : Reputation points

Posh Tourer :P
7th August 2004, 21:35
How come, when i look at my reputationised posts, some are green squared and some are not? Are some people not effective in giving reputation?

Edit: note that there are only green and grey squares, no red ones :D

Zed
7th August 2004, 22:18
...Are some people not effective in giving reputation?...
If a persons reputation is less than zero they cannot allocate reputation to others...when they try to I think it comes up as a grey block and doesn't actually have any effect on the rep points of those they give it to.

Something like that anyway! :bye:

wkid_one
7th August 2004, 22:23
I fixed your no red ones problem for you

8th August 2004, 12:13
damnit it wasnt a problem!!

FROSTY
8th August 2004, 12:14
How come, when i look at my reputationised posts, some are green squared and some are not? Are some people not effective in giving reputation?

Edit: note that there are only green and grey squares, no red ones :D
You do realise posh that sayin stuff like that is a red rag to a bull for some folks :msn-wink:

Ghost Lemur
8th August 2004, 13:17
You do realise posh that sayin stuff like that is a red rag to a bull for some folks :msn-wink:

Lol I think he's just discovered that. :killingme

8th August 2004, 13:19
And now my reputation says -1 points total, even tho I had +3 before

FROSTY
8th August 2004, 13:21
Well Pt what can I say brother --I did warn ya.
Oh and NO I didn't give posh a bad rep point.

Hoon
8th August 2004, 13:24
And now my reputation says -1 points total, even tho I had +3 before

Not any more!!

wkid_one
8th August 2004, 13:34
HAHAHAHAHAHAA

8th August 2004, 15:33
Now I'm on +1 reputation :spudwhat: does it reset to zero after you get one bad rep?

wkid_one
8th August 2004, 15:39
Nope - go to your User CP Screen and you can see who gave you rep points.

8th August 2004, 15:46
I have three grey and three green, then I have your red one and hoon's green one, in order of occurrence, and only a rep rating of +1, and I had +3 before your red one, and -1 after it

Update: and back down to -3 after your next red rep..... I dont get the scoring system....

wkid_one
8th August 2004, 15:50
Shit _ was hoping you could explain it to me

9th August 2004, 09:16
Damnit, now milky gave me a bad rep and my rating went from +1 to +4...

Can anyone see a pattern?

Event Total points
1) three grey and three green +3
2) a red from WKid added -1
3) Hoon's green one added +1
4) Wkid again -3
5) Frosty with a green one +1
6) Firefight with a green one +3 (?)
7) Milky gives me a red one +4 (I suspect milky has no rep so it didnt count)

k14
9th August 2004, 09:28
I am pretty sure that a rep point only changes your tally if someone with more than 100 posts or something like that and positive rep give you it. If they dont meet that criteria it just goes down as neutral. Thats what I think anyway.

9th August 2004, 10:10
Yeah we established that.... I give up trying to understand what the points are for each rep though....

FROSTY
9th August 2004, 10:21
well you know the answer dude---ask the man himself. :spudwhat:

scumdog
9th August 2004, 11:06
Shit _ was hoping you could explain it to me

Sort of sums it up for me - where do you find these rating, how do you find out who gave them to you and how do you give someone ratings?????

Flag it, found out for myself - Murphys Law, as soon as you ask -you find out by yourself :confused2

Dr Bob
9th August 2004, 11:55
Maybe if someone with a negative reputation gives you a negative score, then it turns up as positive. If Mike King told me I wasn't funny I'm sure other people would book me to do stand up.

Velox
11th August 2004, 23:50
Well I still can't tell who gave me my points! Where does it say? Or does it not always say?

Firefight
12th August 2004, 06:03
Well I still can't tell who gave me my points! Where does it say? Or does it not always say?

ah, not sure, but I think after you posted a bit of shit(200), it shows up when you hit User CP, top left hand of page, Not very good at this cumputer stuff, but have found FAQ and other bits helpful, also if not sure the moderater dudes, there names are in bold print, are pretty good at questions, or the boss Dude himself .

F/F

Milky
7th December 2004, 18:29
Damnit, now milky gave me a bad rep and my rating went from +1 to +4...

Can anyone see a pattern?

Event Total points
1) three grey and three green +3
2) a red from WKid added -1
3) Hoon's green one added +1
4) Wkid again -3
5) Frosty with a green one +1
6) Firefight with a green one +3 (?)
7) Milky gives me a red one +4 (I suspect milky has no rep so it didnt count)
I am sure it has something to do with either the rep of the person giving or their post count.

My total point history:
+1 after alarumbas positive
-1 after zeds negative
+11 after positives from csl and motu

If it is purely post based then Wkids would have dropped PT lower than 4 points a time. Can someone on the most reputable list give me a +ve and a -ve rep? I want to see if it changes by the same amount each time.

Blakamin
7th December 2004, 20:44
ah, not sure, but I think after you posted a bit of shit(200), it shows up when you hit User CP, top left hand of page, Not very good at this cumputer stuff, but have found FAQ and other bits helpful, also if not sure the moderater dudes, there names are in bold print, are pretty good at questions, or the boss Dude himself .

F/F
You also have to be a member for over 125 days to see who did it...

Storm
7th December 2004, 20:49
Alas, I also am not yet a senior member BK. You have a few more posts than I though : laugh:

FROSTY
7th December 2004, 20:51
bugger I only need 8 points to go double positive rep :Oi:

Blakamin
7th December 2004, 21:05
bugger I only need 8 points to go double positive rep :Oi:
22 for me :D

friggin amazing I reckon

SPORK
7th December 2004, 21:08
I think that the more reputation/posts a person has when they give you positive rep, the more points it gives you. So that is why you suck up to the senior members :P

SPORK
7th December 2004, 21:12
Ahh! 4 more days untill I am a senior member! Then I get to see who has been telling me that "metalica suk" :D

PAYBACK!

Blakamin
7th December 2004, 21:13
Ahh! 4 more days untill I am a senior member! Then I get to see who has been telling me that "metalica suk" :D

PAYBACK!
lol... but, from what I heard, it doesnt tell you your old ones :(
and again, it was not me!!!! (coz i would've written "metallisux" just like I do on the antimusic website!)

scumdog
7th December 2004, 21:19

PAYBACK!

That's sad, you needed somebody to tell you metallica 'suk's??

Just kidding, listen to it myself at megadeaf levels. ;)

SPORK
7th December 2004, 21:32
Nooo, I intentially spelt Metallica and Sucks wrong, because that is how the comment was written for the negative rep.

And Blakamin, Selloutica is better than Metallisux if you ask me.

Jamezo
8th December 2004, 13:58
Nooo, I intentially spelt Metallica and Sucks wrong, because that is how the comment was written for the negative rep.

And Blakamin, Selloutica is better than Metallisux if you ask me.

Metallica$h is the best one!

Sniper
9th December 2004, 06:46
So just out of Curiousity. Like Pt said right at the beginning of this tread, can I actually see who has given me the rep points and how much I have? and If I can, how can I do that??

Cheers

Joni
9th December 2004, 06:52
So just out of Curiousity. Like Pt said right at the beginning of this tread, can I actually see who has given me the rep points and how much I have? and If I can, how can I do that??

Cheers

Yup you can see how many points you have now, however you can only see who gave them to you when you become a senior member. :yeah:

Sniper
9th December 2004, 07:28
Awesome, thanks Joni

Hitcher
9th December 2004, 07:48
Keep me entertained and the rewards will flow...

SPORK
9th December 2004, 08:39
Well two Manatee's walk into a bar...

SPORK
9th December 2004, 08:40
And surely my Avatar is worth a laugh? I drew it in maths :) Not a bad scan

Sniper
9th December 2004, 09:06
Keep me entertained and the rewards will flow...

And whats the best way to entertain a seasoned veteran such as yourself?
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Hitcher
9th December 2004, 09:23
And whats the best way to entertain a seasoned veteran such as yourself?
Surprise me...

Sniper
9th December 2004, 09:42
Surprise me...

God I hate surprises. Ill just carry on my merry way and maybe with a bit of luck surprise you. I think you have seen and done it all havent you?

Yokai
17th December 2004, 10:20
Is there some mod that prevents the indiscriminate scattering of rep points? Do you get -rep points for spraying massive numbers of reps around?

Just wondering....

Hitcher
17th December 2004, 11:40
Is there some mod that prevents the indiscriminate scattering of rep points? Do you get -rep points for spraying massive numbers of reps around?

Just wondering...
From my observations, the "system" only lets you distribute a given amount of rep in a 24-hour period. And you have to give to others before you can give more to one person. The more rep you receive (in total) means you get more to give -- from one to seven points per "give" (may even be more than that, but don't know yet).

My policy is to be as "indiscriminate" as my mood and the system allows!

Yokai
17th December 2004, 11:51
From my observations, the "system" only lets you distribute a given amount of rep in a 24-hour period. And you have to give to others before you can give more to one person. The more rep you receive (in total) means you get more to give -- from one to seven points per "give" (may even be more than that, but don't know yet).

My policy is to be as "indiscriminate" as my mood and the system allows!

I was wondering, if I wanted to spray out a set of negative reps to everyone that had ever posted to a specific thread (for example) - are there any restrictions on that? It seems like the answer is no...

Which would explain some behaviours... But hey - I just add 2 and 2 to make 379 sometimes

Storm
17th December 2004, 12:16
2 and 2 make 379? You wouldnt be a govt accountant by any chance would you ?

Yokai
17th December 2004, 12:20
2 and 2 make 379? You wouldnt be a govt accountant by any chance would you ?
Nah - just a hammer manufacturer for NASA.