PDA

View Full Version : >>>>zxr 400 For Sale<<<<

Motoracer
9th June 2003, 21:41
This is a very nice bike. It is actually my friends'. He has gone to Europe and wants me to sell it. Everything on the bike is in good mechanical condition. As far as I know there is nothing wrong with it. The body is in pretty good condition as well. It has an awesome looking 1 seater tail section. It has 41K on the clock. I just got it a brand new WOF/Rego. If I already didn't own one just like it, I would have definetly bought it of my friend.

Asking price: 3200 ono

Antallica
9th June 2003, 22:22
*DROOLS* :D

Man and what a price!... I WISH

750Y
10th June 2003, 17:04
nice bike, nice price, someone buy it.

SPman
10th June 2003, 18:49
I'd love to (after all - its an SP!) - but there's the small matter of about $2K.........:(

Mitch
11th June 2003, 12:54
Hey&nbsp; Can you send me a private message with your Phone number and name so I can pass it onto a friend of mine @ The Mount.&nbsp; He may be keen.

bluninja
11th June 2003, 13:01
Mitch what a way to get peoples phone numbers LOL:D

TTFN

Kwaka-Kid
11th June 2003, 19:48
hey sudeep (i bought my previous ZXR400 off him :D)

good luck on selling the bike mate, f-ing nice looking bike and great price!

-dude have you found hte single seater part for my zxr yet? (or is that it on that bike :P) haha! no sweat.

hope to see you out @ pukekohe sometime on ur race one too :D

Redstar
11th June 2003, 23:05
I hate it when persons give away bikes like this! if thats your price the my bike is worth less than a used condom.

PS What does SP stand for?

super pud?

sudden power?

suk piss?

Kwaka-Kid
12th June 2003, 05:19
SP stands for Sports Production

in the ZXR400's case it means (i beleive) flatslide carbs and a closer ratio gearbox..

Motoracer
12th June 2003, 10:22
We are still in the process of getting a double garage built. So all of my motorbike stuff are in a big mess. once I sort out the mess, I should be able to find you that little aluminium or may be stainless steel plate that attaches to the race tail fairing. Its nothing too fancy so don't expect too much. I will give it to you when I find it anyway. How is your ZXR comming along. Did you make use of the front fairing I gave you?

bikerboy
12th June 2003, 10:24
Hey SPman, none of those things have an S or a P in them?
:D

Is that what makes them more valuable than a second hand condom? :Oops:

Kwaka-Kid
12th June 2003, 16:17
yeah motoracer- well itsstill in same condition.. still havnt got round to really doing anything... because first i need to sell CB250, then i take RVF street bits i dont need to race into mt eden motorcycles..then the trrading begins RVF stuff for ZXR stuff :D yay., + any cash diff etc... so im waiting to see what i can score first :D

Motoracer
15th October 2003, 14:44
The bike is now on for sale again. I have recently given it another through service. I have got it a:

- Set of new wheel bearings (front and back).
- Set of Metzler tires (front and back) which are still near new.
- Oil change.
- Oil filter change.
- New UNI airfilter.
- Set of NGK spark plugs.
- Carbs serviced and cleaned.
- New clear fairing blade.

I am giving it away for a special Kiwi Biker only price of 2500 (plus registration costs, it expired 2 weeks ago and WOF is till December)

For thoes who are interested, demo is available in the weekends

Plus my reason for selling is that the sooner I sell it the sooner I can get on with my plans for racing my other ZXR which is on hold right now cause I have jack shi*t in my bank account.

Motoracer
15th October 2003, 16:05
better yet, for thoes who are interested, PM me with an offer and if it doesn't make me laugh or cry or mad, you can have the bike!!

Marmoot
15th October 2003, 16:29
Originally posted by Motoracer
better yet, for thoes who are interested, PM me with an offer and if it doesn't make me laugh or cry or mad, you can have the bike!!

for free? just like that?

Motoracer
15th October 2003, 18:16
Originally posted by Marmoot
for free? just like that?

lol very funny.....I meant I might consider reasonable offers

Hoon
16th October 2003, 14:18
Yep I could be interested at that price!&nbsp; I'll PM you for a looksee!

Antallica
16th October 2003, 17:54
Shame I can't swap me beast for it :(

I could get the green for it, but ahh I don't really wanna go anywhere near anything above 250cc

Bloody licence :angry2:

aff-man
16th October 2003, 20:48
I am in the&nbsp;same Bloody boat, If it was for sale in 3 months time i would have bought it already bloody %^#$^@^@#%$#@%@%&nbsp;@&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;licencing . Sigh so frustrating when a deal like this comes along and you can't pounce on it &nbsp;&nbsp;:( :(

Motoracer
16th October 2003, 21:05
Mate.... I have been riding on my restricted for 3 years cause I haven't been bothered with a full but should go for it as soon as I get some money (funny how I can never stop saying that). Anyways I have been pulled over about 5-6 times on the 4 hundy. And they have never given me any sh*t about the restricted licence. Most cops hardly know the rule. Sure if you are on a learners, its obvious enough but if you got a restricted you should be sweet.:niceone:

I am aiming to sell this bike by the end of next week, so what do you say guys?:)

Antallica
16th October 2003, 22:13
Originally posted by aff-man
I am in the&nbsp;same Bloody boat, If it was for sale in 3 months time i would have bought it already bloody %^#$^@^@#%$#@%@%&nbsp;@&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;licencing . Sigh so frustrating when a deal like this comes along and you can't pounce on it &nbsp;&nbsp;:( :(

I'll buy your 250 and you buy the 400 ;) ... becides, you stole it from me anyway! :p

I'm sure I can hit $2500 at the vehicle auctions in town.
........ I'm serious btw. If not maybe I'll try my luck with the 400cc.

Wonder how the hell I'd get it to Whangarei.

aff-man
17th October 2003, 09:50
Sorry guys not the cops i'm worried about it's the insurance agencies that are the cracker. Bike cc out of the limitations of your licence = loop-hole for an up and comming insurance bastard.

Andrew
17th October 2003, 10:04
Sorry guys not the cops i'm worried about it's the insurance agencies that are the cracker. Bike cc out of the limitations of your licence = loop-hole for an up and comming insurance bastard.

The exact same reason I'd never get a lager cc bike before I'm allowed. Whats the use of paying out all that insurance if you can't claim on it? And to not have insurance, well thats just stupid. In the UK they make it illegal if you don't have insurance.

Motoracer
17th October 2003, 10:26
Originally posted by Andrew
In the UK they make it illegal if you don't have insurance.

I still think it should be a choice. If I haven't got a bike worth about 5 G or more, its not worth insuring in my books, specially because of the rates they offer people my age. Another thing is that every time you have to make a claim, your premium shoots up. I know a mate my age who was Paying 4.5 G a year for his insurance.

I reckon its more exciting to know when your riding on the edge that if you loose it, you loose it all and if you bring it in to your garage safely every time for a few years, you can prolly save more than what the bike is worth in insurance money.

Hoon
17th October 2003, 10:36
The problem is when you lose it into a $200K Mercedes then&nbsp;it is horribly more than just "losing it all".

I had a friend with that attitude, he lost out and was up for $70K in damages, had to declare himself bankrupt at 20yo and now he can't even have an EFTPOS card.

aff-man
17th October 2003, 10:41
that's why my dad says he will pay for my insurance while i'm at tech (cool aye) but if i am not allowed on the road without insurance. He is not worried about my bike or if i total it and not be able to ride for a while he is worried about the chance of hitting a merc or beamer or worse.:gob:

Motoracer
17th October 2003, 10:49
Yea well 3rd party is a must then...

Kwaka-Kid
17th October 2003, 15:07
exactly motoracer! i honestly feel we should be like aussie and have it built into the rego of the vechile...how simple, then when an accident happens, the state instantly helps innocent party, no sweat, and hassles other party for rest of their lives.. god with the amount we pay it should already be built in! i currently ride with no insurence at all.. just have not gotten around to it, its not the money issue at all. i dont think id ever insure any of my vechiles fully unless they were worth morethen 20 odd K... just do bodgey repairs... no sweat.

SPman
17th October 2003, 18:23
:Offtopic: but, if you ride without at least third party, you're a f**kin idiot and shouldnt be on the road - applicable to all vehicles!:done:

Kwaka-Kid
17th October 2003, 19:39
hehehe! either that or ur f-ing rich!

.. oh.. damn, guess i know which one i fall under now... i just have never gotten around to 3rd party fire+theift insurence yet.. soon, was gunna read the insurence poll... when i get time to ring etc

aff-man
17th October 2003, 21:59
It sounds like someone is gonna need to sell his new raec bike when he accidentaly ding's a bentley:Oops: :done:

Kwaka-Kid
17th October 2003, 22:52
hah, reckon! :P nah,&nbsp;i will get insurence etc etc etc.. just time man.. and anyways, retail my racebike prolly owes me around $8K...but hey.. coz of all the bodge jobs/stock parts sold etc ive managed to make it much cheaper, and with that is a bonus new bodged bike look, devaluing the bike to what? $2K? practically nothing, if that... my racebike is never going to be worth selling, so im going to run it into the ground, and just do things as cheaply as possible, i still swear if/when i blow that motor, i wont buy another, ill keep using ones i got lieing around, and first one in mind is the methanol burning XR500 :stoogie:&nbsp; hell yeah, thats almost worth blowing my engine on purpose.. mmm thumper.

Motoracer
18th October 2003, 09:04
It sounds like someone is gonna need to sell his new raec bike when he accidentaly ding's a bentley:Oops: :done:

If you are talking Bentley then selling the house would be more appropriate, unless you got a few hundred Gs sitting around in your bank account!

Antallica
23rd October 2003, 11:56
Still for sale right? Got any more pics?

Motoracer
23rd October 2003, 12:08
PM me your e-mail and I'll send the pics after I take some later on today. :)

MrMelon
30th October 2003, 12:59
Argh if only I wasn't still on my restricted :/

I'm thinking about moving slightly out of town, so it'd be nice to have something like this that would be a bit nicer on gas for commuting and stuff.

Antallica
30th October 2003, 19:34
My mate should be giving you a ring about it soon. I'll give him the hurry up, I want his FZR250R.

Motoracer
30th October 2003, 20:12
lol..yea, sweet, no worries :niceone:

Motoracer
19th November 2003, 13:49
Finally!!!! I am one ZXR shorter!! I spent 4500 total on the bike and got 2000 back. Ah well, thats life...

Thats one less reason to loose my hair over. :2thumbsup and a cold one for me :beer:

Clubmans/track times, here I come :2thumbsup

Racey Rider
19th November 2003, 17:52
Originally posted by Motoracer
Finally!!!! I am one ZXR shorter!! I spent 4500 total on the bike and got 2000 back. Ah well, thats life...

$2000? :gob:

You sold that bike for $2000?? :gob: :gob:

Why didn't you auction it on Trademe with a $2000 reserve. Surely the auction approach would have bumped the price up more!

$2000! :disapint:
Thats criminal!

Motoracer
19th November 2003, 21:19
Yes I sold it for 2Gs, It needed the odd things done on it but still in my opinion I sold it for next to nothing considering how much I actually spent on it and specially when I have seen some pieces of shit getting sold for much more. I felt really sad when I handed it over but its a good thing. Its time for a change. Time to forget about road riding and get serious about racing. I will be there at Pukekohe on the mid December track time. See you there people. :)

Here is a pic of my project by the way. Its the white one.

Antallica
19th November 2003, 22:26
I should've bought it and traded it for my mates FZR250R

Oh well.... :(