PDA

View Full Version : Header pipes - How much $?

Dai
12th February 2007, 13:29
Can any of you out there have an approximate idea of how much it would cost to have a set of headers fabricated for a 4 cylinder engine.

I have a GS1200 SS and I am getting really pissed of at that goddamm ugly exhaust hanging off the side.

I have been told that the standard headers and exhaust are severely restricted. So I think that I would like to get rid of them.

Looked at exhaust systems for this bike from overseas (ie Japan) but I dont hav3e $2500 plus shipping and GST to spare for a set.

Help.

surfer
12th February 2007, 14:18
Dunno if this helps but I had Custom Chambers fabricate a full set of pipes for a twin cylinder for $500, not chromed though. But I wasn't after performance just a replacement set.

imdying
13th February 2007, 09:09
I just had a set made for the SV. Stainless mandel bent, cost me $600. They were a sod of a thing to make, a lot of the price went into the time required to strip out the rear shock etc etc etc. Excellent job though, they're like liquid metal... not a weld to be seen... you'd swear they were chromed. Can't wait till they get that goldie yellow tinge to them :yes:

Shaun
13th February 2007, 09:38
Can any of you out there have an approximate idea of how much it would cost to have a set of headers fabricated for a 4 cylinder engine.

I have a GS1200 SS and I am getting really pissed of at that goddamm ugly exhaust hanging off the side.

I have been told that the standard headers and exhaust are severely restricted. So I think that I would like to get rid of them.

Looked at exhaust systems for this bike from overseas (ie Japan) but I dont hav3e $2500 plus shipping and GST to spare for a set.

Help.

Contact Mark @ Neptune 021 2729209

pete376403
13th February 2007, 13:34
Damon at Cycleworks has been making Suzuki 4 cylinder pipes since the GS days
168 Eastern Hutt Rd
Lower Hutt

(04) 9392925

roogazza
14th February 2007, 19:33
Damon at Cycleworks has been making Suzuki 4 cylinder pipes since the GS days
168 Eastern Hutt Rd
Lower Hutt

(04) 9392925

+ 1 Getting some made with Damon as we speak.

ps two posts back someone mentioned Neptune, but I don't think he does headers, just pipes and mufflers ? But check ! Gaz.