PDA

View Full Version : Fat Freddie's wandering eye Vs Fat Phil's wandering mirror!

The Joka
12th February 2007, 21:23
Hmmm I have a problem and need some advice..

My righthand side mirror is continually wandering to the top right corner so I get a perfect view of the sky.. and although this is good for bird watching! Not so good for riding..

Can anyone give me some tips apart from taping it up?

Appreciate it!

SwanTiger
12th February 2007, 21:27
What sort of bike is it and what part of the mirror is 'wandering' out of place, is it occuring from the base or at the joint where the actual mirror housing joins with the stalk that is bolted onto the front fairing of the motorcycle?

The Joka
12th February 2007, 21:32
Hyobag GT250R and it is at the point where you adjust the mirror not on the arm itself...

SwanTiger
12th February 2007, 21:41
If it is at the join and not the arm itself then take it in to your dealer to be replaced, if it is the arm itself just pop the plastic cap off and use an allen key to tighten the bolt, secure it with loctite too.

On my GTR I had the right hand mirror come loose repeatedly, however the left hand mirror was fine. A few minutes to re-tighten and secure and I never had another problem.

From the sounds of it the mirror has been twisted beyond what it is designed to do and snapped or something along those lines, perhaps?

dhunt
13th February 2007, 07:50
Hmmm I have a problem and need some advice..

My righthand side mirror is continually wandering to the top right corner so I get a perfect view of the sky.. and although this is good for bird watching! Not so good for riding..

Can anyone give me some tips apart from taping it up?

Appreciate it!
Get some bicycle inner tube rubber and rap it round the base of the mirror a few times. This will put pressure on the mirror and stop it moving but if you need to change the angle you can still do it.

The Joka
13th February 2007, 20:11
Cheers guys!

Have spent far too much on this thing cant wait to up grade will trying the innertube thing cheers!