PDA

View Full Version : Moped rider?

750Y
10th June 2003, 11:29
Dayum!, I just looked by my name and discovered much to my dismay that I am a "moped rider". I'll have to go out to the shed and see if my bike has been shrunk or something.
I don't want to be a moped rider, sniff, I want to be a "hardcore biker", like the other kids.
Is it a donation thing? :confused:

wkid_one
10th June 2003, 11:57
number of posts thing

750Y
10th June 2003, 12:56
well there's another one then!
i can nearly see the wsbk podium from here:D
(wsbk: World's stupidest biker)

bluninja
10th June 2003, 13:15
You can go into your profile and just change your title to anything you want.

TTFN

wkid_one
10th June 2003, 14:24
Si - you should change yours to 'Stay Clear of Me in the Hairpins!'

Just kidding - I couldn't resist

bluninja
10th June 2003, 15:55
Dan, should be 'Stay clear of me in hairpins on track days and practice days':argh:

Well you better hope you get a good start and are clear of me before the hairpin at Manfeild just in case.

TTFN

Racey Rider
10th June 2003, 16:18
Originally posted by bluninja
You can go into your profile and just change your title to anything you want.TTFN

Where exactly do you do that? :whistle: :stupid:

bluninja
10th June 2003, 16:22
Go to the top of the page, and click on USER CP on the top bar. Then Select Edit Profile.

TTFN

wkid_one
10th June 2003, 17:06
PMPL - at least you are honest....

Hmmm - I had a wicked skate today.  What f*&^wit of a council worker thinks it is a good idea to put checker plate on a corner right on your line - talk about scary feck!

750Y
10th June 2003, 17:19
i hate it when they do that especially when it's wet and dark.

SPman
10th June 2003, 19:24
Luxury! We used to dream about it being wet & dark!

Coldkiwi
11th June 2003, 12:05
probably the same council worker that put the man hole leading into the apex of the old hairpin at Paeroa! just ask Robbie Deans what he thinks of that one! That was a messy, messy crash in 2002.

bluninja
11th June 2003, 12:24
You mean they put it in between laps, and he didn't know it was there?:)

WKID, just don't PYPL whilst out at the track. I managed 3 races at Manfeild with both left and right hairpins without incident last time out. Lets see how I go at Taupo this weekend.

TTFN

merv
22nd June 2003, 22:09
Hey I'm still a moped rider and I'm buggered if I can see where you can edit your title whether it be in edit profile or edit options. Am I missing something with my setup here? Your further advice would be appreciated but I see a few of you have changed yours already - how?

SPman
22nd June 2003, 23:02
Its probably a 100 post thing - I cant remember. S M would know:)

SpankMe
23rd June 2003, 11:22
The user titles work like so:

<ul> <li>L-Plate Rider (Minimum Posts: 0) <li>Scooter boy (Minimum Posts: 30) <li>Moped rider (Minimum Posts: 60) <li>Fair weather rider (Minimum Posts: 90) <li>Weekend cruiser (Minimum Posts: 120) <li>Highway Biker (Minimum Posts: 150) <li>Hardcore Biker (Minimum Posts: 200)</li></ul>Once you have 150, you can set your own title.

As always, open to suggestions on this.

franco
23rd June 2003, 11:37
Not being a regular contributor to forums, I think&nbsp; the rating scale is really hard-case. Keepin' it kiwi,&nbsp;I notice your international contributors on the SV1000 site had a bit of fun working it out too :done:

bikerboy
23rd June 2003, 17:45
:eek: If I had known that earlier I would have flooded the site with inane posts to get to be a Hardcore Biker, um...not implying that is what some have done....:D

I thought it had something to do with riding as observed by an unknown biker in the group rides :Oops:

I must get out more, anyone planning another ride? I've got myself a battery operated backup alarm now.:p

(just wanted to see what it looked like)

Yamahamaman
23rd June 2003, 17:48
Congratulations on your "Promotion" bikerboy :niceone:

Yamahamaman
23rd June 2003, 17:50
I only need another five posts for a promotion myself. :banana: :banana: :banana:

bikerboy
23rd June 2003, 17:52
WOW, I am a hardcore biker!!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

( please ignore my previous post, thank you)

Yamahamaman
23rd June 2003, 18:14
Originally posted by bikerboy

anyone planning another ride?

Yep. To work and back for the next 4 days. Then I will think about the weekend. :whistle:

merv
25th June 2003, 19:23
I've got a way to go to get to 150 but you don't want me babbling on about nothing just to get there. I'll just have to stick with the moped for a while. I have experience with mopeds having got my licence back in 1970 using my brothers Zundapp 50 to do the ride with the cop as a 15 year old schoolboy. Hey that dates me huh!

savage rider
23rd August 2003, 23:24
what does that L plate mean in front of my name im wondering

Lee Rusty
24th August 2003, 00:13
dont worry about it - it is just the sites way of keeping track of people who post. If you look at some of the other people who post they have different ratings - I dont know at what number you get a new tag - Im still on L plate as well.

seems a bit silly to me but I guess it is harmless.

wkid_one
24th August 2003, 09:33
SILLY!!!&nbsp; My quest for posts is life defining!

Lee Rusty
24th August 2003, 10:35
ohhhhhhh Ok

well perhaps you can explain where the changes occur from one rating to the next - and perhaps the relavance of them
I see there is a Calmari rating - what does a squid have to do with it - or people who have ratings as 'really bad rider' doesn't seem to be desirable to me.

I just put it down to me being to old to "get It" and thus ignore the whole thing.

If it is not explained - and it hasnt been that I know off - it has no real relevance.

Of course it a high posting rating is your thing - who am I to disagree.

wkid_one
24th August 2003, 12:10
They are either (1) predetermined, or (2) set by the member (user CP)...

Mine is a result of the uninformed comment by some riders who refuse to ride with me yet comment on my riding skill - go figure.&nbsp; It is sarcastic bite at their ignorance.

Racey Rider
24th August 2003, 15:13
Originally posted by SpankMe
The user titles work like so:

<ul> <li>L-Plate Rider (Minimum Posts: 0) <li>Scooter boy (Minimum Posts: 30) <li>Moped rider (Minimum Posts: 60) <li>Fair weather rider (Minimum Posts: 90) <li>Weekend cruiser (Minimum Posts: 120) <li>Highway Biker (Minimum Posts: 150) <li>Hardcore Biker (Minimum Posts: 200)</li></ul>Once you have 150, you can set your own title.

As always, open to suggestions on this.

Always looking for for that easy post opportunity!

Thanks Guys and Girls!!:niceone:

wkid_one
24th August 2003, 19:53
Hmmmm - me thinks I have been extremely informative with me recent 'news' posts - in fact - too informative.....

Si - you coming to Manfield on Saturday - I am heading up to have a look and then going on to Auckland, returning on Monday morning - do you have a spare slot in your trailer for me??&nbsp; You can drop me off anywhere in Auckland....(PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)

&nbsp;

bluninja
24th August 2003, 20:27
WKID, sorry but I'm working at the Bollinger Womans Expo all weekend and so can't go down to play at Manfeild.

&nbsp;:(

&nbsp;

TTFN

wkid_one
24th August 2003, 20:32
Feck will have to ride up solo - bugger....still ride back will be fun

Lee Rusty
24th August 2003, 21:09
it is a rather strange thing that at 600+ postings still posted as a really bad rider.

Great.

have to put up 1000s to make it to any thing decent and the question is can you be bothered - I think it is rather silly. Just ignore it.

wkid_one
24th August 2003, 21:32
Mine is by choice - and is the sarcastic agreement with some less informed KB riders....who think I can't ride.....yet have never ridden with me

&nbsp;

Is that better?

Lee Rusty
24th August 2003, 21:46
OK - its up to you - SOmeone did say you could post your own but didnt know how to do it.

there was comment here yesterday from someone else as well.

seems to me if people are asking about it perhaps it should all be explained - or options explained on how to change it

bikerboy
24th August 2003, 22:30
It has been explained several times. And if you go into each member's profile it is fairly self explanitory as to how to set up/change. I could follow it so it MUST be easy.

Poor Spankme can't be expected to explain it every time someone new joins.:argh:

Lee Rusty
24th August 2003, 23:01
perhaps not- but if it were on the site on an info page or similar then people could find it or be refered to it

Cannot explain when every new person joins - equally could be, can't be bothered, and if your not in the know we aint going to tell you.

Hardly a good thing when trying to encourage new people - or perhaps it is meant to be an elite little group

I hate eliteism - mine's bigger, better, cost more, faster, slower,newer, etc

What?
25th August 2003, 06:19
I hate elitism, too. Thus I will keep my old F650 rather than buy a Morbidelli V8:p

bikerboy
25th August 2003, 10:48
That's a good idea, having an info page. I'm sure no one here wants the site to become elitist.:(

My comment about new people and explaining things each time was more a comment on impracticality (as someone seems to join almost everyday).

I have slowly figured things out for my self or asked, others always offer helping advice.:)

Perhaps you can or get one of the moderators to, do an info post. Most information is already posted somewhere. Or maybe start a post with questions so the moderators know what things need explaining.

I only learned how the names (Lplate etc) worked about a month ago. I noticed it change every now and then but didn't know why, so I'm slow.? That aviator thing was done for me as I didn't know how that worked either. So we're all in the same boat, or bike so to speak.
:cool:

Big Dog
25th August 2003, 14:06
An interesting and revealing list of posts!

How many times were the ranks explained followed a couple of posts later by another request for the same information.

This website is anything but elitist, you are however encouraged to think for yourself, and listen/read what other participants have to say before charging of down a track that has already been covered.

It can be awfully frustrating reading the same requests for information followed by the same answer 1/2 doz times in the same thread.

SpankMe
25th August 2003, 14:10
This is actually about three threads merged into one.

Big Dog
25th August 2003, 14:15
Originally posted by SpankMe
This is actually about three threads merged into one.
Oh! My apologies to anyone who feels who thought I was calling them stupid.

The thought still stands though as a lot of times questions are posed in threads are answerd in the post directly above it.

Somewhat humbled by my own ignorance, Big Dog

SpankMe
25th August 2003, 14:29
Things like custom user titles might seem anal, but they work. On my SV1000 site users can graduate from silver stars to gold ones under their name as well. Childish yes, but it made the posting jump after I set it up.

If ya unsure of how things work, there is always the <a href="/forums/misc.php?action=faq">FAQ</a> and <a href="/forums/search.php">search</a> functions. And if ya still can’t figure it out, then that’s what this forum is for. We also have several <a href="/forums/showgroups.php">moderators</a> to hassle by sending them PMs with your questions.

If you think there is a lot to lean on these forums, just wait until you see the new version.

Big Dog
25th August 2003, 14:32
And just when I'm getting the hang of this one lol.

Coldkiwi
25th August 2003, 14:47
if anyone still can't figure out the calamari thing, send me a private message (button is at bottom of the post :) )and I'll explain. its really just my strange sense of humour so don't get too worried if it seems stupid (it is).

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

bikerboy
25th August 2003, 16:41
:argh: new version !? :eek:

CK, I thought it...uno titolo furbo, a bit of lateral thinking it was.:niceone:

Coldkiwi
25th August 2003, 17:23
grazie!

now I need a number plate along the lines of SQUID or SKWID or something :)

..that;d confuse the cage drivers!

wkid_one
25th August 2003, 17:53
how about FAR Q2

Big Dog
26th August 2003, 22:45
Originally posted by wkid_one
how about FAR Q2

Seen it on a van, Motorcycle parts if I recall correctly.

Ciao, XXLK9

bungbung
27th August 2003, 10:45
Saw FUG69 on a hogl years ago, ltsa wouldn't let out FUK would they? :)