PDA

View Full Version : Canterbury: In Christchurch for a month

BigB
13th February 2007, 12:12
Hi All

I've come down to work in our Christchurch for a month and I would like to catch up with some of the KB'ers here.

As I crashed my Blackbird a mate lent me his ZZR1100 to play on while I'm down here. This weekend my partner is coming down and we are going to the west coast via Auther's Pass then back over the Lewis on Sunday.

It would be good to get a few evening rides in or just meet in a pub.

Cheers

Brian

onearmedbandit
13th February 2007, 12:47
I try to do evening runs over to Akaroa, so if you're keen let me know what night works for you. My wife and child are away for 3 months so I've got a few spare nights!

Blackbird
13th February 2007, 15:36
Hi Brian

You'll be down there whilst we're doing the "Birds Galore" tour. Unfortunately, we aren't coming to Chch otherwise it would be great to meet up again. The closest we get is the road south to Tekapo after coming from the west over Arthurs Pass. Have a great time down there anyway!

Geoff

BigB
13th February 2007, 15:40
I try to do evening runs over to Akaroa, so if you're keen let me know what night works for you. My wife and child are away for 3 months so I've got a few spare nights!

A Wednesday or Thursday would work best for me. 3 months of spare nights, bugger me I wouldn't know what to do first!

Cheers

Brian

onearmedbandit
13th February 2007, 15:41
Either are fine with me, Wednesday is my day off so I'm available during the day.

BigB
13th February 2007, 15:42
Hi Brian

You'll be down there whilst we're doing the "Birds Galore" tour. Unfortunately, we aren't coming to Chch otherwise it would be great to meet up again. The closest we get is the road south to Tekapo after coming from the west over Arthurs Pass. Have a great time down there anyway!

Geoff

Hi Geoff

What date's are you down this way?? would have been good to catch up and see all those blackbirds in one place.

cheers

BigB
13th February 2007, 15:44
Either are fine with me, Wednesday is my day off so I'm available during the day.

Are you keen for a ride tomorrow evening??

onearmedbandit
13th February 2007, 15:47
Yup, I'll be keen for that. I'll PM you my cell #.

Blackbird
13th February 2007, 16:24
Hi Geoff

What date's are you down this way?? would have been good to catch up and see all those blackbirds in one place.

cheers

Our planned itinerary is per attached file. You will be pleased to know that all 4 of the 'birds are blue too:Punk:

G

BigB
14th February 2007, 06:12
Hi Geoff

Looks like you've a great ride there, I'm sure you'll have a blast and there be plenty of photo's for us workers to look at.

cheers

Brian

JWALKER
14th February 2007, 06:29
Are you keen for a ride tomorrow evening??

hi bigb. im planning for a ride over to akaroa tomorrow night (thursday) if your keen?, could maybe twist oab to come out for another ride

Flyingpony
14th February 2007, 08:42
My wife and child are away for 3 months so I've got a few spare nights!
And permission to eat only mince & cheese pies, tortilla chips and ice cream for DINNER !!!! :whistle:

BigB
14th February 2007, 11:41
hi bigb. im planning for a ride over to akaroa tomorrow night (thursday) if your keen?, could maybe twist oab to come out for another ride

Doing that tonight with onearmedbandit, but would be keen for other rides.

cheers

Brian

NighthawkNZ
14th February 2007, 12:24
Hi All

I've come down to work in our Christchurch for a month

I feel sorry for you... :dodge: :innocent: :lol:

j_redley
14th February 2007, 14:03
You all got too big a bikes for me to come out for the ride, other wise I would have come over the hill with yah.

BigB
14th February 2007, 14:37
I feel sorry for you... :dodge: :innocent: :lol:

Yeah well someone had to do it and it's not all bad, the office has a nice view of passing foot traffic:yes:

Flyingpony
14th February 2007, 14:40
You all got too big a bikes for me to come out for the ride, other wise I would have come over the hill with yah.
I know how you would feel. Everybody was gone from my sight within 2 minutes, but one rider was really nice and stayed at my speeds. On the hills, don't expect them to stay with you, they won't. However, they'll be waiting on the other side for you to arrive.

Sniper
14th February 2007, 14:49
Send us a PM if planning a pub visit. Always keen if availible

NighthawkNZ
14th February 2007, 14:51
Yeah well someone had to do it and it's not all bad, the office has a nice view of passing foot traffic:yes:

actually ChCh isn't that bad... :)

BigB
14th February 2007, 14:54
I know how you would feel. Everybody was gone from my sight within 2 minutes, but one rider was really nice and stayed at my speeds. On the hills, don't expect them to stay with you, they won't. However, they'll be waiting on the other side for you to arrive.

Mate I'm riding a borrowed bike and the ZZR1100 is a bitch in the tight & twisty stuff so you needn't worry. And we always wait for other riders to catch up.

Send us a PM if planning a pub visit. Always keen if availible

Will do meet Dangerous last week in Auckland so would be keen to catch up with a few others at the pub

cheers

Brian

j_redley
14th February 2007, 14:59
Just ordered a new helmet, which should hopefully be here by the weekend. Will drop you a PM to see if your planning on doing the Akaroa ride...

Rashika
14th February 2007, 15:49
Will do meet Dangerous last week in Auckland so would be keen to catch up with a few others at the pub

cheers

Brian
hmmmm....now i know D went out for a blat with you orklanders, but did I meet you at the Drury BP on sunday? Sure met a few in that unplanned stop on he way south :Punk:

j_redley
14th February 2007, 23:21
Helmets not arriving till Tuesday if your gonna be going out for a ride next week... Also, on the subject of Christchurch are there any senior riders out there who'd give me a few pointers on riding?

JWALKER
15th February 2007, 06:25
Just ordered a new helmet, which should hopefully be here by the weekend. Will drop you a PM to see if your planning on doing the Akaroa ride...

anytime your keen for a ride, let me know i will cruise out with you. i don't mind sitting at a slower pace.

BigB
15th February 2007, 06:42
hmmmm....now i know D went out for a blat with you orklanders, but did I meet you at the Drury BP on sunday? Sure met a few in that unplanned stop on he way south :Punk:

On Sunday I was riding from Picton to Christchurch so it wasn't me, Meet D on the South Auckland Thursday ride (even if I didn't go on the ride).

Did the Akaroa ride last night and it was great fun, weather fine and the sun strike wasn't to bad on the way back.

The highlight of the ride was getting to drool over one very special MV Augusta, all that carbon fibre:yes:

Cheers to Onearmedbanit for the ride and I look forward to more rides with the Chch crew while I'm down here.

cheers

Brian