PDA

View Full Version : New Bike-DR

carver
13th February 2007, 20:57
hey guys, after a long time off a big adventure bike (one year) (KLR650) im back.
got a 02 DR 650 from welly in the weekend, got a sport demon for the rear and left the vee rubber on the front.
got it cleaned up yesterday and re-jetted it today..look out for a yellow DR in hamilton with a retarded tire choice...il write up the trip and post pics some time.
see you guys on the ADV threads soon!

Bytor
14th February 2007, 09:15
Love those bikes - congrats man!

Have you seen the 07 in black? It looks the nuts:love:

If you're re-jetting, are you putting on a aftermarket can?

This is the only thing that puts me off getting one - they sound horrible in stock format, but to change the can you have to rejet/dynojet kit and I've heard some horror stories about bad running and poor fuel consumption after messing with the jets

pete376403
14th February 2007, 09:56
Interested to know why you got rid of the KLR?
(Waiting on delivery of a new '08 KLR - apparently end of March)

SDU
14th February 2007, 10:11
choice bike!:rockon:
Be interested in how you find it compared to your old KLR.

carver
15th February 2007, 20:50
Interested to know why you got rid of the KLR?
(Waiting on delivery of a new '08 KLR - apparently end of March)

the KLR was a pile of shite...sorry to say.
the motor was way rougher and felt more fragile than the DR, also it felt about 1 tonne heavier.
it was useless off road, but great on road!
the DR is just a big trailie that is quite tuneable and very versitile...
the DR is my choice any day

DR650SE
19th February 2007, 18:39
DR`s RULE all the time

far queue
19th February 2007, 18:51
the DR is just a big trailie that is quite tuneable and very versitile...
the DR is my choice any day
Yup, have fun :ride:

rok-the-boat
3rd March 2007, 21:16
I recently got off my '93 DR250 and rode a newish DR650. The amazing thing is how similar they are to ride and feel. Of course, the 650 has more grunt and is noticably heavier, but not by much. In the end though, I am used to mega cruisers so am not really impressed by a 650 single so will keep my 250 for the time being. The KLR 650 feels a lot heavier to ride. The KLE is just like a road bike, in my opinion. A Transalp fares better. The new 650 and 1000 Suzi V Twin off road pretenders are just road bikes with upswept pipes and expensive looking plastics, in my opinion.

QMOTO
3rd March 2007, 21:26
mmmm interesting, I was thinking of getting a KLR650, maybe the DR650 is the way to go, but the fuel tank is so small, KLR is got the advantage there
now im more confused !!!

NordieBoy
3rd March 2007, 22:10
IMS (18.5L) tank dosn't cost much.

cooneyr
4th March 2007, 08:01
IMS 18l tank is about $550 NZ without shipping from US of A isnt it? Would love one but for $10 I can buy a plastic fuel can and strap to the rear carrier for when needed. Really hard to justify in my mind given trying to slowly renovate.

Cheers R