PDA

View Full Version : Patriotic sliders

Gmonsta
14th February 2007, 09:58
Anyone know if its poss to get Kiwi or Silver Fern knee sliders?? Links would be appreciated...

N4CR
14th February 2007, 13:31
whats the point when you use them they all just rub the plastic into a big black mess, my shift ones went from a shift logo to a big black blob

Skunk
14th February 2007, 13:52
Mine are still shiney...

svs
14th February 2007, 14:19
i use wiz sliders. st george cross, and union jack. doesn't turn into a blob as the colours go all the way through.

bistard
14th February 2007, 14:23
I have ones with titanium in them & shower people behind me in sparks

Biff
15th February 2007, 09:42
Dear Aunt,
I almost have a hole in my leathers where I got my knee down a couple o' months ago. I didn't mean to get it down, I just found a right hander suddenly tighten on me so I had to turn harder than expected, throwing myself and the bike right over. My bad. But I don't want to buy or use sliders because I'll rarely use them, and then some nasty biker types may take the piss as they'll look all shiney and new. What should I do?

Thanks
Anon

Blackbird
15th February 2007, 10:29
Dear Aunt,
I almost have a hole in my leathers where I got my knee down a couple o' months ago. I didn't mean to get it down, I just found a right hander suddenly tighten on me so I had to turn harder than expected, throwing myself and the bike right over. My bad. But I don't want to buy or use sliders because I'll rarely use them, and then some nasty biker types may take the piss as they'll look all shiney and new. What should I do?

Thanks
Anon

Hi Rhod
Take a file to them :innocent: . A mate in the UK who regularly rides his Fireblade at the Nurburgring was approached by some loser in the UK wanting to buy his worn ones:gob: . My new (ish) 2 piece leathers came with sliders and the first thing I did was take them off!

Geoff

Biff
15th February 2007, 10:34
Take a file to them :innocent: .

Nahh - that'd be like when chicks wear push up bras. False advertising.

Paulus
15th February 2007, 12:53
Dear Aunt,

Thanks
Anon

Take them off. If you want to scuff them up though it's more about technique than lean angle. Watch for cats eyes though.

Indiana_Jones
19th February 2007, 13:48
http://www.wizracing.co.uk/shop/?p=productMore&iProduct=76

get some funky Isle of man sliders lol

-Indy

Pathos
25th February 2007, 22:02
white/silver acrillic paint + paint brush + 5 minutes

find a suitable image on the net, print it out, cut it out and use it as stencil

Plus you can redo paint it after its been scraped off

FROSTY
6th March 2007, 22:34
hmm--so there might be a market for well used knee scrapers then??
or perhaps providing a scraper scuff up service