PDA

View Full Version : Job ideas

placidfemme
14th February 2007, 14:23
Since I started working in NZ I've really only worked in 2 different industries... Telemarketing and Admin... oh and Underwater Pocelaine Technician...

However, I'm really sick of this scene... and want to work in a different field...

Can you guys give me some idea's of jobs that don't require you to work in an office?

Ideally I'd like to work in the bike industry in some way... and I'm waiting on replies from certain people with advice in working in the bike industry... but if nothing pans out there, does anyone have any other suggestions?

I'm a qualified computer technician (A+ <--usless qualifican that didn't land me a job), but don't wanna work in the IT industry either...

jrandom
14th February 2007, 14:27
How would you like to clear $100/hour in cash and be allowed to drink on the job?

placidfemme
14th February 2007, 14:33
How would you like to clear $100/hour in cash and be allowed to drink on the job?

I'm almost scared to ask.... doing what?

LilSel
14th February 2007, 14:36
I'm almost scared to ask.... doing what?

The full monty!! :dodge:

Toaster
14th February 2007, 14:36
How about highway patrol? They work outdoors and play with bikers all the time.

p.s. Underwater Pocelaine technician???? What the.....

RC1
14th February 2007, 14:41

toilet cleaner :yes:

RC1
14th February 2007, 14:42
how about motorcycle courier ?

placidfemme
14th February 2007, 14:45

Its the flash name for being a dishwasher!

placidfemme
14th February 2007, 14:47
Stripper - Prostitute - Anything related - not likely...

Highway Patrol = Would have to join the cops and move to Wellington for training... plus all my mates do illegal shit... so no

Motorcycle Courier = Anyone got any details on this? Whats the pay like? Does the company help with bike maintainence?

SwanTiger
14th February 2007, 14:53
B&D Mistress, 3 nights a week (3x12hr=36hrs) and you'll clear $3,500 - $4,000 if you're any good. Doesn't involve sex, just abusing guys and occasionally their sick and delueded wives come in to watch.

Was a lot of money in running such an establishment that facilitated it, however now that its legal woman are banding togeather and renting a residential property and running their own thing. You could do the same, ask around.

Or Mc Donalds?

Or if you like pulling cars apart you can come and work for me, starting wage is $14 p/h and goes up to $22 p/h, the faster guys can have all the good shit off a car in 1.5 hrs. 8hrsx5days.

Only downside is that Mark wants a job, if he strikes me on a sympathetic day you'll have him as a workmate.

SwanTiger
14th February 2007, 14:54
Motorcycle Courier = Anyone got any details on this? Whats the pay like? Does the company help with bike maintainence?
PM "Back Fire". Okay if you're quick. No, they're generally cut throat about everything.

placidfemme
14th February 2007, 14:56
B&D Mistress, 3 nights a week (3x12hr=36hrs) and you'll clear $3,500 - $4,000 if you're any good. Doesn't involve sex, just abusing guys and occasionally their sick and delueded wives come in to watch.

Was a lot of money in running such an establishment that facilitated it, however now that its legal woman are banding togeather and renting a residential property and running their own thing. You could do the same, ask around.

Or Mc Donalds?

Or if you like pulling cars apart you can come and work for me, starting wage is $14 p/h and goes up to $22 p/h, the faster guys can have all the good shit off a car in 1.5 hrs. 8hrsx5days.

Only downside is that Mark wants a job, if he strikes me on a sympathetic day you'll have him as a workmate.

lol BDSM - That would be fun, I have considered it before... but don't think that would go down well... then people would deffinatley think I'm a man hater... Ex-Flatmate of mine, his aunt did this type of work... went over and meet her and had a chat about it... I know a fair about it (fetishes/BDSM etc) but I'd feel weird doing shit to guys like that...

Edit: Also a bit costly to start with... need a venue, need all the gear etc

What do you mean by pulling cars apart? I don't know shit about cars (can't even drive)

LilSel
14th February 2007, 15:01
lol BDSM - That would be fun, I have considered it before... but don't think that would go down well... then people would deffinatley think I'm a man hater... Ex-Flatmate of mine, his aunt did this type of work... went over and meet her and had a chat about it... I know a fair about it (fetishes/BDSM etc) but I'd feel weird doing shit to guys like that...

What do you mean by pulling cars apart? I don't know shit about cars (can't even drive)

uh oh..... :dodge:
now you've gone n done it lol....

placidfemme
14th February 2007, 15:03
uh oh..... :dodge:
now you've gone n done it lol....

in what sense... knowing about BDSM? nothing wrong with having a healthy sex life... what people make up in thier own minds is thier business

LilSel
14th February 2007, 15:06
in what sense... knowing about BDSM? nothing wrong with having a healthy sex life... what people make up in thier own minds is thier business

lol!!! no you ginga!!!
*points to black shirt in wardrobe with club logo's*... not talking about that!!!!!...

you'll get the guys excited! lol...

*shakes head*.... :innocent:

EDIT: I tried to give you bling for biting at my comment lol... but it said I have to spread myself around before giving to you again

NighthawkNZ
14th February 2007, 15:09

I have done this in the past... then money wasn't bad, however there is now to much in the market, so you have to offer something the other company's non't. And I am sure the money isn't as good as it use to be.

I don't know if Road Runner in Auckland are still going or Eagle Express in the Hawkes Bay are still operating but you can approach them...

Actually I think Eagle Epress was bought out by Ansett Couriers who was absorbed by their sister company TNT when Ansett went uder... hmmm

I do know Eagle Express gave 90% of the fee to the rider, and the rider covered his own costs... which $18 per deliver (charging $20 - $25 per deliverly) they offered an half hour local and and an hour (twin city) delivery time (Napier Hastings)

You could approach any of the couriers companies and offer your service and Deliever any Urgent package for them. (But you will need a Goods & Service Transport Licence)

Just beware your bike will end up with very high Km's on it and you have to tell people that it was a service vehicle when you come to sell it. Maintenance will be higher more regular oil changes and services etc...

LilSel
14th February 2007, 15:13
What about an apprenticeship or something??

SwanTiger
14th February 2007, 15:15
Nah, find a lady who is already do it and ask for advice, then go into an establishment like the Pelican Club or Femme's and speak with the Owners/Managers (ones Roy, I think, and the others Kim). Arrangement is something like $200 for the lady $80 for the establishment, last I recall.

Or if you have a spare $1.5 the Penthouse is forsale, or the Penthouse and Floras is going as a package for $1.8 I think.

Dismantling them, removing alloy, steel, etc. that gets sent off to the smelter or scrap exporter and now moving into re-selling generic parts (tyres, windscreens) etc.

I knew nothing about cars either, and still don't know anything. What I do know, is if the nut won't come off, then out comes the gas cutter or grinder.

That has to change now that I wan to re-sell stuff :shutup:

WickedOne
14th February 2007, 15:17
What about an apprenticeship or something??

That may sound easy enough but most people who hire apprentices are looking for 17 - 18 year olds.

ManDownUnder
14th February 2007, 15:22
lEDIT: I tried to give you bling for biting at my comment lol... but it said I have to spread myself around before giving to you again

c'mere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug:

WickedOne
14th February 2007, 15:26
I tried to give you bling for biting at my comment lol... but it said I have to spread myself around before giving to you again

MWAHAHAHAH!!!! I can't beileve I missed that the first time I read it!!!! :devil2: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :killingme :killingme :killingme

LilSel
14th February 2007, 15:27
That may sound easy enough but most people who hire apprentices are looking for 17 - 18 year olds.

Yeah thats true aye...

Advice... Do something that you love... !!!!
My parents are self employed... I dont work for the business, however I still work in the industry, Power is my life, I live it, work it and breathe it... Have grown up with it... and I love it... In the future, I will be taking over the business's... and Im sure I will still love it then :love:

Find something ya love

WickedOne
14th February 2007, 15:30
Yeah thats true aye...

My parents are self employed... I dont work for the business, however I still work in the industry, Power is my life, I live it, work it and breathe it... Have grown up with it... and I love it... In the future, I will be taking over the business's... and Im sure I will still love it then :love:

Find something ya love

Power? As in electricity or are we back on the BDSM again?

LilSel
14th February 2007, 15:31
Power? As in electricity or are we back on the BDSM again?

Electricity lol!!!!!! :love:

LilSel
14th February 2007, 15:33
c'mere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug:

MWAHAHAHAH!!!! I can't beileve I missed that the first time I read it!!!! :devil2: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :killingme :killingme :killingme

:shutup: lol.... how mean aye!!! :innocent:

WickedOne
14th February 2007, 15:35
:shutup: lol.... how mean aye!!! :innocent:

LOL, :bleh:

Cibby
14th February 2007, 15:35
ok, have you thought about seeing a PROFESSIONAL career advisor instead of asking the many monkies on KB?

They have a huge range of knowledge and a lot of times, they may suggest stuff that you havent thought of.

Good luck Tam :)

Drunken Monkey
14th February 2007, 15:47
ok, have you thought about seeing a PROFESSIONAL career advisor instead of asking the many monkies on KB?

What do you have against monkeys? :P

C'mon, Placid always seeks advice from her KB peers. Nothing like advice from bush lawyers, despondent IT staff, wanna-bes and used-to-bes. This place is a wealth of incorrect understanding of police procedure and misunderstandings of tax law, why not add bad career advice to the list? yay!

Hey Placid, ever thought of being a leech-collector, or perhaps an arming squire?

WRT
14th February 2007, 15:49
Cibby's probably come up with the most sensible answer, but if you must insist on advice from us "monkies" then give us a bit more to go on. Ok, we know you like bikes (and girls - but hey, that combo covers 90% or more of KB), but what else?

Bike Accessories? Have you called a few of the shops?
Diving instructor? (No, MDU, I'm not talking muff diving, although . . . there could be an untapped market in this!)
Arborist? I know a few places will hire without training, so long as you are keen and its easy money.

Just check the classifieds and see what jobs are available, you can always ask on here for the ins and outs of a given role.

Maha
14th February 2007, 15:53
I have to spread myself around before giving to you again

BDSM - don't think that would go down well...

What i could verbally do with that lot......:yes:
But i am a caring loving sole so i will leave it alone.................For Now!!! :shifty:

Paul in NZ
14th February 2007, 15:55
I'd feel weird doing shit to guys like that...

I'd be worried if you didn't find it weird.....

What about a job with DOC or something? Or if you feel really weird about doing shit with guys how about sharemilking? It's outdoorsy and you hang out with a bunch of females regularly...

LilSel
14th February 2007, 15:59
What i could verbally do with that lot......:yes:
But i am a caring loving sole so i will leave it alone.................For Now!!! :shifty:

hahahaha.... :rockon:

I missed that second one...your very observant!! :yes:

LilSel
14th February 2007, 16:00
how about sharemilking? It's outdoorsy and you hang out with a bunch of females regularly...

and squeeze their tits... :killingme :killingme

But on a serious note... that is outdoorsy... good call Paul!

Joni
14th February 2007, 16:01
ok, have you thought about seeing a PROFESSIONAL career advisor instead of asking the many monkies on KB? Yup, and they will ask the questions to determine what will make you are most suited for and what will make you happy...

You cant ask people for ideas, if people dont know you will enough to make the suggestion, do you want to work inside or outside? What are the things you really dont want to do? What do you enjoy? etc. etc. etc... there lots to consider before making a decision like that.

SwanTiger
14th February 2007, 16:02
Hey, I just fucken remembered something.

While I was out west going up Glenview Rd there was a council worker on a little motorcycle (looked and sounded like a pile of Suzuki shite) with a little bin on the back! The rider had one of those little rubbish picking things and was putting shit in the bin.

What an awesome job, I'd be doing rubbish collection on scenic drive all day long.

There you go, now fuck off and pay some tax, my maori brethren need their dole payments tomorrow.

The_Dover
14th February 2007, 16:04
ambury regional park was advertising for park rangers the other week.

BuFfY
14th February 2007, 16:09
Why not be an IT teacher? At either high school or primary.
The good primary schools have their own IT teacher that takes like three classes a day. Then you will get a lot of good time for riding and the kids will love it!!!

Oh and if you go to teachnz they basically pay you to do it cause there arent many high school teachers at the mo. All fees payed and $10,000 a year. And seen as you already have the degree you will just do one year at a teachers college and then you will be able to teach!

KATWYN
14th February 2007, 16:41

Do something that you love... ...And you will never have to work a day in your life

jrandom
14th February 2007, 16:58
Do something that you love... !!!!

I love blondes, but nobody's ever offered to pay me for doing them.

Hitcher
14th February 2007, 21:24
Don't apply for anything that requires spelling and grammar skills.

MyGSXF
14th February 2007, 21:41
Yep.. :yes: I'm definately with Joni & Cibby.. go check out Career Services & have a bloody good talk with someone there. :Punk: I went several years ago, we went through all my strengths & what I liked to do etc, then came up with a list of jobs/careers that might be suitable. Have a look around their web site..

http://www.careers.govt.nz/

Good luck with your search chicky!! :niceone:

Jen :rockon:

Timber020
14th February 2007, 22:00
Arborist? I know a few places will hire without training, so long as you are keen and its easy money.

Yeah easy money aside from it being one 2 most dangerous jobs on land and you have to bust your ass the whole day, and with no training your a groundy for a year or so, someone arborists drop things on, the broom and rake operator, clean up bitch, gopher, just a labourer basically. There is the odd easy job if your working for a council or doing line clearance with lazy bastards but mostly its graft. Not good if you have any injurys or are not physically strong. (I know of only 2 female arborists in NZ and only one climbs and shes not able to do big work)

Good job to get into if you like working outdoors and like to get the adrenaline pumping and pushing yourself. The skills are applicable worldwide and there is always, always a shortage of good climbers as a high injury rate keeps the job vacancys opening. You dont get to make many mistakes, which is excellent motivation when your necks on the line. Big fun at times.

Best job on earth.

placidfemme
15th February 2007, 08:00
Good job to get into if you like working outdoors and like to get the adrenaline pumping and pushing yourself. The skills are applicable worldwide and there is always, always a shortage of good climbers as a high injury rate keeps the job vacancys opening. You dont get to make many mistakes, which is excellent motivation when your necks on the line. Big fun at times.

Best job on earth.

Climbing? As in rock climbing?

Well if I can't get a job in a bike shop of sorts then I'd prefer to be outdoors. Sam did Part time work when she was a teen on a dairy farm, she reckons its hard graft but ok because your outside and working with animals (although she said it really smells).

I've been scanning the papers and trademe for jobs, and really the only one thats caught my eye is a dog kennel place in Albany...

I love animals and would be keen to work around animals, don't mind doing landscaping or whatever either.

For those that have seen me, I'm not the biggest strongest person out there (or in here... or anywhere lol), but I can adapt.

The way I see it, is as long as the job is paying the same or slightly more than what I'm getting now why not do it? I'm young, I have the rest of my life to make mistakes and fix them, and with my admin experience I can always fall back on that later if I need to.

WRT
15th February 2007, 09:13
Yeah easy money aside from it being one 2 most dangerous jobs on land and you have to bust your ass the whole day, and with no training your a groundy for a year or so, someone arborists drop things on, the broom and rake operator, clean up bitch, gopher, just a labourer basically. There is the odd easy job if your working for a council or doing line clearance with lazy bastards but mostly its graft. Not good if you have any injurys or are not physically strong. (I know of only 2 female arborists in NZ and only one climbs and shes not able to do big work)

Best job on earth.

Mate, you are working for the wrong crowd. I know of about 5 guys that worked for a firm in Auckland, supervising diggers / road workers etc. All they had to do was turn up, and make sure that the trees weren't getting damaged. They got basic training on how to bandage up a root should a digger accidentally clip one, and that was about it. Oh, and they got a fluro vest to wear.

Think the starting rate was around $14 per hour, they got a car and phone provided, and if it was raining they were allowed to sit in the car and watch from there. I wont name the workers or the company on here, as I dont want to get the boys in trouble, but there's cushy jobs out there.

And BTW - I also know a three people (2 guys, 1 girl) that have done the whole course/qualifications thing and are now doing "proper" arborist work like you describe, and they all love it. But then again, they have always been outdoors people, and adrenaline junkies too boot - it's probably not a job for weedy nerdy folk (excuse the pun), I'd say your right there.

LilSel
15th February 2007, 09:23
I love animals....

Woof!!!!!! :innocent: :love: