PDA

View Full Version : Do NZ businesses go MOOOOOOOOO?

scracha
14th February 2007, 17:03
Moving house (5Km away) and therefore my little "enterprise" is also moving. Went to post office to ask about mail redirection thinking it would be about $60 bucks for 3 months (roughly what it was in the supposedly more expensive UK).

Holy @#$ck. $125 bucks for 2 months redirection. I told them to stick it. Looks like I'll be buying the next tennants a crate of beer to hold any missed mail for me.

Telecon also want their 50 bucks for pushing a couple of buttons on the keyboard. No doubt my ISP will want their share.:angry:

How come when you mention the word "business" in New Zealand every utility service tries to @#$cking rob you?

The_Dover
14th February 2007, 17:06
it's cos you're a scotch git.

dawnrazor
14th February 2007, 17:10
well saved money on the redirection...most of the time it doesn't work anyways......

Chisanga
14th February 2007, 17:13
well saved money on the redirection...most of the time it doesn't work anyways......

As long as all the details you give are correct, I would say, as a postie, a redirection will work 99% of the time.
Of course the system fails from time to time but that is life :)

chanceyy
14th February 2007, 17:14
utilities .. well if the power was already connected at ya new place it should not cost you to move ;)

scracha
14th February 2007, 17:20
it's cos you're a scotch git.

Well I managed to pay an English postie half that amount to redirect my mail to France :angry:

I would say this is a complete p!$$take. I'm seriously hacked off as no doubt half my customers will be sending cheques (why the hell do kiwi's still use them @#$kcin things anyway...oh I know...most of them can't do online banking as the Interweb is 3rd world here) to my old address even though I've sent them out two letters with the new addy.

I'd hate the be the new tennant in here when some punter arrives at his door at 8am (or 7pm on a Saturday as has happened) asking them to fix their Xtra email or summit.

Anyway...I suspect there'll be a "house cooling" party soon.

scracha
14th February 2007, 17:27
Nearly forgot my card for pervert

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=53659&d=1171405269

Chisanga
14th February 2007, 17:58
It is free still I think for household mail. Unfortunately NZ Post charges to redirect business mail.

Best option is the"beer to the new tennants one" ... maybe you should consider getting a PO Box if you might be moving semi-regularly?

The_Dover
14th February 2007, 18:41
It is free still I think for household mail. Unfortunately NZ Post charges to redirect business mail.

Best option is the"beer to the new tennants one" ... maybe you should consider getting a PO Box if you might be moving semi-regularly?

on no it's fuckin not.

thieving fuckers.

stify
14th February 2007, 19:19
should try the "rd" service(rural del) if ya don't sign up the fuckers don't deliver....but to add insult to that, the fuckers don't leave any info in ya letter box to let ya know ya need to sign up..........go figure