PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Rev'it Ignition Jacket

Chisanga
14th February 2007, 19:32
Hia ll,

I'm thinking of upgrading to a leather jacket after my bin the other week.

My insurance assessor had a Rev'it Ignition and it looked the business... It is at the very upper end of my budget so I wondered if any people who have one could share their opinion with me.

Here's the link for the jacket at motomail (http://www.motoretail.co.nz/product.cfm?ID=5423)

Thanks

nodrog
14th February 2007, 19:37
Hia ll,

I'm thinking of upgrading to a leather jacket after my bin the other week.

My insurance assessor had a Rev'it Ignition and it looked the business... It is at the very upper end of my budget so I wondered if any people who have one could share their opinion with me.

Here's the link for the jacket at motomail (http://www.motoretail.co.nz/product.cfm?ID=5423)

Thanks

good leathers I reckon, I am just waiting for motomail to get the 2 piece suits back in so i can get some, one of the best fitting comfortable suits i have tried on.

slinky
14th February 2007, 19:42
Im also waiting for that new order.
i need a smaller size :p

i spoke to someone who had an off, and his held together. Protected his skin good.
reason for saying that is i got told a story of someone who bought an expensive pair of leathers (duno the brand) he came off and they just tore apart and didn;t help him one bit.

Drum
14th February 2007, 19:49
If the picture is anything to go by, then you get a bit of 'tude!

Chisanga
14th February 2007, 19:51
I guess "General" was the wrong forum for this... whoops.

nodrog
14th February 2007, 19:58
Im also waiting for that new order.

15th of feb they told me

Chisanga
14th February 2007, 20:02
Anybody have any opinion on the combination of mesh and leather?

slinky
14th February 2007, 20:03
yeh same here, whtehr its sorted on that day im not sure.
will go in at lunch time tomorrow and check it out

Quasievil
14th February 2007, 20:18
mmmm over priced under performing, thats about all I can say............but I would wouldnt I

Chisanga
14th February 2007, 20:19
mmmm over priced under performing, thats about all I can say............but I would wouldnt I

It would be a choice between your stuff and this to be honest Quasi....

What are the key advantages your gear offers in your opinion?

nodrog
14th February 2007, 20:22
yeh same here, whtehr its sorted on that day im not sure.
will go in at lunch time tomorrow and check it out

sweet let me know if they are in.

oops forgot about you, everybody checkout Quasi's gear its the shit! :innocent:

Gremlin
14th February 2007, 23:55
What are the key advantages your gear offers in your opinion?
Well now, it seems to have similar features to the vengeance quasi jacket I have, 2 zips for connecting to pants, vents, (quaz has 4, 2 front, 2 back) but I think the revit has more internal pockets.

$369 v $699.... ummmm Ok, that said, I have no idea of crashability of either... Quaz jacket also has the removable vest liner...

All jackets tend to have mesh/stretch on the non-impact areas, for snug fitting, and venting. Quaz jacket also gave me a fantastic shape :innocent:

Quasievil
15th February 2007, 07:13
$369 v $699.... ummmm Ok, that said, I have no idea of crashability of either...

Im Counting in two years 35 crashes all gear still being worn, can you get better than that ?
the main thing is there is a label on all my gear it says QUASiMOTO and that is me, I am the owner, its my balls, my reputation and my livelyhood on the line, I dont have a counter a retail shop and a wholesaler to hide behind ,its me and me, working for me, that is the single biggest thing in my opinion, anyway, the gear HAS TO BE GOOD cause I cant afford it not to be, its taken me two years so far and I reckon now the gear is amongst the best you will find anywhere, we only comprimise on price !!!

slinky
15th February 2007, 07:29
if money is not an issue, itd be a matter of trying them both for comfort then.

babyB
15th February 2007, 10:26
each to their own. & not all fit the same.....

i beleive in the ignition jacket.... i think there is something like 15 domes that hold the inner lining (correct me if i an wrong... i may have interpreted it wrong)

so
IMHO; if i was sliding down the road.... i would not be very trusting the dome system.... concedering the friction/movement inside the jacket, under force im sure the domes could pop undone thus probably causing skin abrasions/burns.
*** now i do know these skin abrasions/burns do happen in zipped & attached linings (have experanced it first hand) but the liners tend to rip at stress points and/or seams as required...

I would hate to think what the results would be with the domes poppin, the linings bunching up & screwing around ya body, as ya go from a slide to spin cycle

as i said its just my opinion and thoughts

Chisanga
15th February 2007, 15:01
After trying on the Ignition today at Motomail, i'm pretty convinced I don't want it. There is a worrying lack of leather throughout and what leather there is is only about 1mm thick.

As the above poster stated there are many domes on the inside and 3 layers are just far too much... too much hassle.

And then there is the price of $700 along with the fact that it will not attach to any Rev't leather pants.. only Cordura ones.

I'm visiting Quasi tommorrow or Sat and I expect that I will be more satisfied with his gear.

Scouse
15th February 2007, 15:05
Opinions on Rev'it Ignition Jacket
Gay but not as gay as Quasimoto gear

Donor
15th February 2007, 17:36
Whatever you get, make sure you can get duct tape in matching colour...

Chisanga
15th February 2007, 20:26
If I don't need duct tape to fix my jacket i'll keep some handy for your mouth :)

Quasievil
16th February 2007, 09:59
Gay but not as gay as Quasimoto gear

Or as gay as a poofy dog lover on a triumph

Chisanga
16th February 2007, 20:59
The jury has returned on the issue of gear.

I am now outfitted in some fantastic gear made by Quasimoto.

Bret was excellent to deal with and his gear is of high quality, and considering the price he charges it was pretty hard to walk away.

I am very happy.

McJim
16th February 2007, 21:19
..... it was pretty hard to walk away.

He can make the trousers to measure - you should have told him! :rofl:

Chisanga
16th February 2007, 21:22
He can make the trousers to measure - you should have told him! :rofl:

Lol :) Actually if I knew leather trousers were THIS comfortable I would have got some instead of Cordura.... oh well live and learn I suppose

Donor
16th February 2007, 21:32
Lol :) Actually if I knew leather trousers were THIS comfortable I would have got some instead of Cordura.... oh well live and learn I suppose

Dude... you didn't really need to send me the pic, but thanks - oh and I am NEVER riding TEC behind you again after seeing this...

Chisanga
16th February 2007, 21:38
Dude... you didn't really need to send me the pic, but thanks - oh and I am NEVER riding TEC behind you again after seeing this...

I seem to be wearing them the wrong way around in that photo :gob:

Donor
16th February 2007, 21:45
Urk...

I just remembered, I have something else to do on Sunday... like ... have a deep and meaningful discussion with my wife... and my mother in law... there, that imagery should burn the evil out of my brain...

sizzlingbadger
18th February 2007, 07:55
Many people forget that the fit of the leathers is one of the most important saftey features. Made to measure is the only way to get a really good fit. BKS in the UK make some of the finest leathers in the world however most of us can't really afford them :gob:

http://www.bksleather.co.uk/ (their website is pain in the arse though - trying to be far too clever as usual)

babyB
18th February 2007, 20:40
there are few of ppl out there who actualy dont know how leathers should fit
for your safty:mellow:

Brett
19th February 2007, 18:25
Im Counting in two years 35 crashes all gear still being worn, can you get better than that ?
the main thing is there is a label on all my gear it says QUASiMOTO and that is me, I am the owner, its my balls, my reputation and my livelyhood on the line, I dont have a counter a retail shop and a wholesaler to hide behind ,its me and me, working for me, that is the single biggest thing in my opinion, anyway, the gear HAS TO BE GOOD cause I cant afford it not to be, its taken me two years so far and I reckon now the gear is amongst the best you will find anywhere, we only comprimise on price !!!

Good selling, and well said.

Antony N
8th December 2007, 20:25
sorry for reserecting this thread, im interested to know if anyone has brought one of these jackets ? I am interested as they are Leather (tho some would debate it) and have a waterproof membrane.. When I checked with Quasimoto last, i was told the only thing that with withstand the crap everchanging weather in Auckland would be one of his textile jackets... not really what I wanted to get, but none the less, is it worth getting one of these or can someone suggest a leather jacket that stands up to the Auckland weather ?

Cheers
Ant

Spyked
8th December 2007, 22:16
I've got one and really like it. Although some have knocked the multi layer set up it suits me down to the ground. After close to 18 months it hasn't leaked, has kept me warm on frosty mornings and come summer you can remove the 2 inner layers, stash the membrane under the seat in case the weather turns to shit, open the vents and stay nice and cool.
Not cheap but well made and easily the most versatile jacket I've had. Everything else I've tried has been either too hot in summer or not warm enough in winter.
If you look on Ebay you can find stores listing this jacket for considerably less than quoted even with shipping taken into account. Local shops will often offer a discount if you print off the details and ask them how much they want your business.

YellowDog
8th December 2007, 23:21
Kerry at MCSW (Motorcycle Safety Wear) in St Kevin's arcade, Karangahape Road will make you a suit to your size for around $1500. The deisgns she has are really good and she has all the latest armour technology and strong zips.

It all depends upon your budget, but if you are not an off the peg size, Kerry will do a great job for you and Kiwi hand made is always going to be better than mass produced.

Quasievil
9th December 2007, 08:05
Kerry will do a great job for you and Kiwi hand made is always going to be better than mass produced.

You will find that most brands are hand made, the big boys might have a wizz bang sewing machine but I dont, have 5 people that make mine in the factory, weather Kiwi hand made is better than massed produced is kinda debatable to, depends on what components kerry uses, what armour system and what leather grade. I can whack up a custom color custom made suit for $1495 and I would lay money on it as being far superior to anything out of New Zealand

Antony N
11th December 2007, 15:49
thanks for the replys guys, I'm not after a total suit and i need to be able to wear it most work days and some weekends, so I need something that is very versatile. Im not opposed to using textile, but I might have to look into that as I have found out the price of this jacket, and haven't been able to find out if I can get a discount, I think i might just import it into nz myself at least I will save myself at least $200 off the retail price they are charging here !