PDA

View Full Version : Faster - motogp story

Cajun
9th August 2004, 13:30
Okay people i have faster - the motogp story on dvd if any one is wanting it.

http://www.fastermovie.com/

if you do not know what i am on about

k14
9th August 2004, 13:32
Ohh damn, I want that. Been trying to download it for a while. But it is taking forever.

Cajun
9th August 2004, 13:41
oh i forgot to add, its a full dvd quality,

Zed
9th August 2004, 14:56
oh i forgot to add, its a full dvd quality,
Hi Cajun, I'm interested in that. How can I get a copy? :)

Zed

dss3
9th August 2004, 15:09
yep, very interested!

-Daryl

Cajun
9th August 2004, 15:12
Hi Cajun, I'm interested in that. How can I get a copy? :)

Zed
zed pm ya details

i get it to you and duckman he was a burner, and you can get it around the auckland crew

dss3 i get it to quasi, you can get it off him, you have a dvd burner aye??

Hoon
9th August 2004, 15:20
Yep I'm def keen on it too. I'm in 09 and have a burner!

dss3
9th August 2004, 15:22
dss3 i get it to quasi, you can get it off him, you have a dvd burner aye??[/QUOTE]

yep, that would be wicked!

Cajun
9th August 2004, 15:29
Yep I'm def keen on it too. I'm in 09 and have a burner!

Hoon pm ya address, that means there be three copys in auckland two of the 3 have burners, so auckland crew if you are wanting this talk to duckman or hoon, or you can borrow it off Zed, There be a copy in hamilton and k14 will be getting a copy in Chch.

Any of the wellywood crew want a copy postage, i know wkid_one has a burner, but any one else down there, want a copy, you can share around??

k14
9th August 2004, 16:12
When I get it i will rip it to Xvid or divx so I can burn it to normal cd if anyone wants one.

Cajun
9th August 2004, 16:17
what a waste dc:< its the full dvd plenty of us got dvd burners, and i can get blank dvds just as cheap as blank cds less than 80c a dvd

no its cheaper than 74cents each

Shade
9th August 2004, 16:20
I'd be keen to get the movie on DVD instead of CD - If anyone is willing to burn me a copy i'd be willing to pay for blank dvd / postage etc.

Cheers!

Hoon
9th August 2004, 17:22
Hoon pm ya address, that means there be three copys in auckland two of the 3 have burners, so auckland crew if you are wanting this talk to duckman or hoon, or you can borrow it off Zed,

Awesome dude cheers!! If I get a copy by Thurs I will be at the AMCC clubrooms this Thurs night so guys PM me if you want me to make you a copy for you to pick up.

Otherwise I will be at the Pukekohe track day on Sat (weather permitting).

Ghost Lemur
9th August 2004, 17:53
When I get it i will rip it to Xvid or divx so I can burn it to normal cd if anyone wants one.

Mmmmm I'd be in for some of that lovin...

*That's a "can I have a copy please" :D*

erik
9th August 2004, 20:29
Darn, makes me wish I'd got a dvd drive as well!!!

Hoon, can I get a copy off you some time? I'm in Titirangi too, could I pick it up somewhere more local?

All the other computers in the house have dvd drives, so I'll see if I can use one of them and figure out how to convert it to DivX.

Darryboy
9th August 2004, 22:04
I've got a writer too... haven't used it yet though.
But I'd love a copy

Cajun
10th August 2004, 07:59
OKay few copys heading to orckland, one to hammyhole one to wellywood, and one to chch.

I hopeful get them in post today, fast post so the contacts have them tomorrow then they got a few days to burn them before everyone wants it for the weekends. I post up later who in each area has them, and to contact them

gav
10th August 2004, 12:28
Hey, normal CD would be great, put me down for one, cheers
Gav

Cajun
10th August 2004, 12:48
Okay people who want it contact these people in your area

Auckland - Hoon, Zed, Duckman

Hamilton - Quasievil (soon)

Wellington - celticno6

Chch - K14

most of these people have dvd burners and can make you a copy let you borrow a copy etc.

Have fun and enjoy

Cajun
11th August 2004, 14:05
Just finshed watching this story at work, bloody awsome story.

Parts after the credits was good too

k14
11th August 2004, 14:58
Sweet, will be pitching the tent down by the letterbox tonite.

Cajun
11th August 2004, 15:01
you should have got it today, i sent it yesterday lunchtime by fast post

riffer
13th August 2004, 09:20
Arrived yesterday.

Left work at 3pm and scrambled home for rugby practice, then back home to watch the movie.

The young fella (Tim - 4) and I sat down to watch it, and as expected, the quality was pretty damn good.

Some great action, good interviews, lots of crashes - no hiden camera footage of the Rossi/Biaggi punch-up (damn).

I was a bit disappointed at the lack of footage about the new 4-stroke era but, as the film was shot in 2001/2002 season, that's hardly surprising...

Tim loved it. "Oh man, dad - look at Rossi's wheelie!!" "look dad - he fell off just like you did! (yeah thanks buddy)."

He was a bit confused by Rossi not having a blue bike but that was easily explained. He can't remember last year's racing much. Well he was only 3...

Interesting to see them portray Biaggi as the sad, tortured hard worker desparately trying to compete with Rossi's innate genius. Maybe a little over the top, but the heart rate charts said a lot. Rossi's heart rate never goes over 125 in a race! Biaggi's regularly goes up to and over 175!

A bit too much concentration on riders who they thought were going to be stars but who we now know never made it, and some of the storytelling was a bit disjointed but its still one of the best motorcycle documentaries I've ever seen.

Anyway, despite its flaws, I am recommending it to all of you.

svs, matthewt, kiwizrx and deano, I will have your discs done today.

I am going over to WMCC at lunchtime to check out the new Triumph. I'll either see you there, or you can pop by at my work.

Quasievil
13th August 2004, 09:34
Ive been going home five times a day and it still isnt in the letterbox:disapint: Im waiting for it desperately:weep:

Hoon
13th August 2004, 09:59
Yep mine just turned up on my desk today (so much for Fastpost!!!). Cheers Cajun!

Cajun
13th August 2004, 10:04
i was a slack cunt and only got yours in post yesterday quasi, but with fast post they shouldn't been over night, stupid nz post

yeah nz hoon, i put yous in on tuesday lunch time, god knows why taken so long to get there.

riffer
13th August 2004, 10:06
i was a slack cunt and only got yours in post yesterday quasi, but with fast post they shouldn't been over night, stupid nz post

yeah nz hoon, i put yous in on tuesday lunch time, god knows why taken so long to get there.
Are the bridges still out in Bay of Plenty? Is it still raining?

Maybe the post had to come through by waka...

Cajun
13th August 2004, 10:09
shrug maybe, stupid post, i bet you if i put it normal post would have got there at right time, since i sent 5 of them at same time, i got to you in wellington before it got to hoon in auckland strange

phil_elvey
13th August 2004, 10:18
what a waste dc:< its the full dvd plenty of us got dvd burners, and i can get blank dvds just as cheap as blank cds less than 80c a dvd

no its cheaper than 74cents each

Hey Cajun, how can you get blank DVDs at that price? I have a DVD Burner on the way. Damn they're cheap these days..

Motoracer
13th August 2004, 10:28
Tim loved it. "Oh man, dad - look at Rossi's wheelie!!" "look dad - he fell off just like you did! (yeah thanks buddy)."

He was a bit confused by Rossi not having a blue bike but that was easily explained. He can't remember last year's racing much. Well he was only 3...

LOL Kids, you gotta love em... So, have you started your young'n on two wheels?

duckman
13th August 2004, 10:35
Heya Cajun,

Got mine iin the mail yesterday - Your a bloody star, Thanks.

I'm burning copies now.

I paid $50 for a pack of 5 DVD's - I think I just got ripped off??!! :Oops:

riffer
13th August 2004, 10:40
I paid $50 for a pack of 5 DVD's - I think I just got ripped off??!! :Oops:
Duckman - you could have bought archival quality DVD-RW's at that price.... ouch

MR - he's mastering the whole bike thing at the moment. We tried him on a PW50, but his balance is not quite up to it yet (nor is my finances).

He's been told he can have a PW50 or similar for his 6th birthday.

Although he loves the motogp and superbikes, motocross is his favourite - he is insistent he wants a DIRT bike.

Who am I to argue? Best place to start, I reckon.

Motoracer
13th August 2004, 10:44
MR - he's mastering the whole bike thing at the moment. We tried him on a PW50, but his balance is not quite up to it yet (nor is my finances).

He's been told he can have a PW50 or similar for his 6th birthday.

Although he loves the motogp and superbikes, motocross is his favourite - he is insistent he wants a DIRT bike.

Who am I to argue? Best place to start, I reckon.

Yep :niceone:

Most of the top road racers started that way too!

Zed
13th August 2004, 10:48
Received mine 2day thanks Cajun. Looking forward to watching it. :niceone:

Unfortunately I am unable to make copies for anyone - no access to any hardware.

Zed

Cajun
13th August 2004, 11:06
No worrys Zed the other two orcland people have dvd burners i sent it to, just once ya watched if anyone else wants its let them borrow it,

Too those two recieved copys those are yours to keep, destory do whatever ya want with.

ya just owe me a beer at the kb weekend trip dc:<

duckman
13th August 2004, 11:19
No worrys Zed the other two orcland people have dvd burners i sent it to, just once ya watched if anyone else wants its let them borrow it,

Too those two recieved copys those are yours to keep, destory do whatever ya want with.

ya just owe me a beer at the kb weekend trip dc:<
A six pack is yours!! :beer:

Cajun
13th August 2004, 12:04
hahahah well not the stuff i drink dc:< a 6 pack of what i drink, is setting ya back a tank of gas

Shawn
13th August 2004, 23:06
hey guys how can i get one?....if any1 wanna burn it for me i am more then willing to pay or if you give me a copy i can burn it myself and then send it back to ya..

loosebruce
14th August 2004, 01:13
hey guys how can i get one?....if any1 wanna burn it for me i am more then willing to pay or if you give me a copy i can burn it myself and then send it back to ya..

PM hoon or duckman and they should be able to burn a copy off for you mate.

Kwaka-Kid
14th August 2004, 01:15
Hoon Dude! Whassup :D
Can you get us sorted with a Faster DVD? If poss it would be cool as and ill flick you some dosh.

Menial
14th August 2004, 19:18
the version i got, i can only watch it on the pc dvd, not the proper player unit :(
fucken good doco though

riffer
14th August 2004, 20:03
the version i got, i can only watch it on the pc dvd, not the proper player unit :(
fucken good doco though
A few people have commented on this now.

I wonder if you've got DVD players that are set to PAL, and/or are looking for regional coding.

It appears the DVD is an NTSC one, and has no regional coding.

Try and set your dvd's for NTSC, and/or disable the regional coding and you may have more success.

I have had no troubles with my DVD player, a mustek with regional code checking and macrovision protection cracked.

Blakamin
14th August 2004, 20:06
And dont i feel like a dick for riding 50k and forgetting to take an address :argh:

Hoon
14th August 2004, 21:27
Yeah and mine comes out black & white when played on a PS2 but its fine on the Xbox.

enigma51
14th August 2004, 22:09
I also want a dvd copy or if someone can tell me where I can buy it that will be great :moon:

riffer
14th August 2004, 23:05
Yeah and mine comes out black & white when played on a PS2 but its fine on the Xbox.
Yeah, interestingly formatted DVD.

I tried to copy it at first using my old standby, DVDShrink.

I got an error message telling me it was incorrectly formatted.

I got around it by copying the files out of the VIDEO_TS folder onto my hard drive, then opening Nero 6, and telling it to create a DVD_VIDEO disk.

Then it was a matter of copying the files from the hard drive into the VIDEO_TS folder on the DVD.

Not sure what the format problem was, but I've had no problems playing it on computer or DVD Player.

I've watched it three times now. Gini is now completely bored with it :)

loosebruce
14th August 2004, 23:58

Another DVD i have SETH: The Hard Way, does that in a ps2, but no worries i have dvd player anyway, i had to come stright to work from puke today :confused2 was so tempted to be "late" and watch a bit, cheers for the copy hoon, now back to work so i can get home and watch it.

speedpro
15th August 2004, 00:08
Talking of copying DVDs, has anyone checked the prices of dual layer DVD burners - sub $200, US$ I would think but even so it has to be the way to go nowadays. I haven't seen any media in the shops yet or even advertised apart from on the web.

Look for Sony DRU700A, check it out here - http://www.dvd-burner.ca/Sony-Dual-Layer-DVD-Burner.html

Cajun
15th August 2004, 08:35
duckman - i get all my computer parts from a company called www.qmb.co.nz

celticno6 - thats how i downloaded the files, and just burnt it using nero

Speedpro - i have read that my single layer i should be able to convert to dual layer, no cds around to test so i not trying it yet. alot of the burners have same laser in them for single and dual its just the bios which is different

Kwaka-Kid
15th August 2004, 09:06
cajun - QMB rocks eh! used to live really close, their english was never the best but their prices were.. mind you now i use www.pricespy.co.nz and sometimes find it cheaper elsewhere.

Shade
16th August 2004, 00:12
Cheers to Hoon, I just got my copy of Faster tonight, made my night hoon!!! :headbang:

Thanks alot mate.

I really enjoyed the dvd, found it very insightfull and entertaining.
Liked all the gary mcoy stuff too :P

Kwaka-Kid
16th August 2004, 07:37
Thanks hoon! I watched it at shades and man it was awesome, think ill have to watch it again tonight,

Cajun
16th August 2004, 07:47
cajun - QMB rocks eh! used to live really close, their english was never the best but their prices were.. mind you now i use www.pricespy.co.nz and sometimes find it cheaper elsewhere.

KK yeah i get prices on pricespy and then make qmb match most things. or get close to matching it, i mean in the past 6 months i think i have spend close to 15 grand there building peoples computers and getting parts. for friends and what so have you. so i get a discounted rate than whats on there site

Cajun
16th August 2004, 07:48
Thanks hoon! I watched it at shades and man it was awesome, think ill have to watch it again tonight,

Did ya guys watch thru the credits???

with all the guys doing burn outs, etc etc?

now listen to what they said, don't race on the road, race on the track (that might give me a chance of keeping up)

enigma51
17th August 2004, 20:47
Where can I get a copy of faster?

loosebruce
17th August 2004, 20:55
Did ya guys watch thru the credits???

with all the guys doing burn outs, etc etc?

now listen to what they said, don't race on the road, race on the track (that might give me a chance of keeping up)

Watched the whole thing, then i watched it again, and again, and when i get home tonight chances are i'll watch it again. Thanks to hoon and of course cajun. :niceone:
Anyone in the auckland or more so the ellerslie area want to borrow my copy pm me or txt on 021 2236081 and i'll bring it into work for you to pick up.

Kwaka-Kid
18th August 2004, 00:13
Oi enigma! You can come over here and watch it if you like - otherwise i have the DVD if you wanna borrow it no sweat by me! Ride this weekend i say bro! Catch ya later! :D

LB
18th August 2004, 05:58
.Watched the first half last night before the old eyes shut - will watch the second half tonight - really enjoying it so far - man, some of those crashes are bad. And some of the guys backing their bikes into corners...sheesh!!!

Thanks to everyone involved in making this available.

PS: I'm an old fart who doesn't have a DVD player so Matthewt kindly dubbed it to conventional video tape for me.

enigma51
18th August 2004, 13:20
Always up for a ride on the weekend Kwaka kid I will defintely borrow the dvd from you

dhunt
18th August 2004, 13:46
Does any one down Palmy way have a copy? it sounds like it should be worth watching.

David

LB
19th August 2004, 05:37
Finished watching it last night - it's great.

Cajun
19th August 2004, 07:41
no worrys ya can by me a drink when i down your way then dc:<

Blakamin
19th August 2004, 09:39
Can I send someone some cash to post me a copy??

riffer
19th August 2004, 10:07
Can I send someone some cash to post me a copy??
Are you ever coming in to Wellington?

I have the files on my computer and can burn you one while you wait...

Blakamin
19th August 2004, 10:35
I get in about once a month if i'm lucky(and last week when I forgot your address was that once)...normally just ride to pautahnui (spell check) and back over paekak hill if i'm heading south :(

riffer
19th August 2004, 11:24
Blakamin - pm me your address and I'll get one out to you today. :)

Cajun
19th August 2004, 12:18
lovely to see it go around (c:<

Cajun
19th August 2004, 12:19
i'm also getting all the fast bikes 1-4 on dvd

Blakamin
19th August 2004, 12:29
i'm also getting all the fast bikes 1-4 on dvd
Off the net??? or somewhere else?
I've got 10mbit cable but there's stuff-all bike movies around that i can find :(

Cajun
19th August 2004, 12:37
Off the net??? or somewhere else?
I've got 10mbit cable but there's stuff-all bike movies around that i can find :(

bit torrent?? thats what i use, cause if you got 10mb cable be faster for you to d/l than me at work i gotta limit how much bw i rape

Blakamin
19th August 2004, 12:52
bit torrent?? thats what i use, cause if you got 10mb cable be faster for you to d/l than me at work i gotta limit how much bw i rape

I cant get bit torrent running on my good machine due to xp sp2 only doing a half arsed job when it crashed and unistalled.... and i run a game server too so i dont like the upload bit in bit torrent...oh welll

Cajun
19th August 2004, 13:00
I cant get bit torrent running on my good machine due to xp sp2 only doing a half arsed job when it crashed and unistalled.... and i run a game server too so i dont like the upload bit in bit torrent...oh welll

hahahahah i installed xp sp2 on tons machines no problems i found it fixed a problem on my work machine.

Yeah i don't like the upload thing much either but i limited up load speed and much % of upload compared to d/l

Motoracer
27th August 2004, 13:56
I watched a bit of it last night. It is so f*cking cool!!! It helped me to think more clearly on certain things. I can't wait to watch all of it soon.

Cajun
27th August 2004, 13:59
I watched a bit of it last night. It is so f*cking cool!!! It helped me to think more clearly on certain things. I can't wait to watch all of it soon.

Awsome aye MR, you owe me a beer dc:<

Motoracer
27th August 2004, 14:04
Awsome aye MR, you owe me a beer dc:<

You and Jrandom (he did my copy). We'll have to set up a time for it sometime.

Have a good friday night and keep out of trouble! :msn-wink: LOL

k14
27th August 2004, 14:11
Yeah watched it the other day. Damn it is awesome, might watch it again today actually.

I definately owe you one cajun. Going to convert it to an xvid in the next few days aswell.

Cajun
27th August 2004, 14:25
Yeah watched it the other day. Damn it is awesome, might watch it again today actually.

I definately owe you one cajun. Going to convert it to an xvid in the next few days aswell.

i still have the dvd iso sitting here, as well as fast bikes 3-4 iso

erik
27th August 2004, 20:21
if anyone in auckland wants a DivX of faster on cd, pm me. It's reasonably good quality, I dunno if it could be done better, I'm new at encoding movies.

riffer
9th September 2004, 11:00
I have a copy of Faster at work here, no-one seems to want...

First to call me on 4743040 can have it gratis.

It's on a DVD-R, so make sure your DVD player can play it. I know Jim2 and pete376403 have had problems with DVD-R disks, but most people seem okay.