PDA

View Full Version : Judge says balloon attack on biker 'like wild west'

Bob
15th February 2007, 01:31
A judge called a water balloon attack on a biker it was "like something out of the wild west".

Antrim Magistrates Court heard that Stuart Duckett, 19 sat on the window ledge of a moving car, before throwing the water-filled balloon at the un-named biker. His motorbike was struck, damaging the windscreen, stereo speaker cover, silver trim, camera hood and bodywork paint.

The motorcyclist chased the car, and used a vehicle-mounted camera to take a picture of its registration plate which he passed on to police.

Magistrate Robert Alcorn fined Duckett £500 compensation to the biker. He also fined the driver, Mark Tweedie, £500 for not preventing his dangerous behaviour and sent the pair to Maghaberry Prison to see how they would handle it. Bringing them back an hour later, Duckett said it was "scary" while his co-accused, Mark Tweedie of Greenvale Park in Antrim, said it was "not nice".

Summing up, Mr Alcorn told them they were lucky they were not facing an attempted manslaughter charge. Duckett also received a suspended two-month sentence at a young offenders centre.

surfer
15th February 2007, 07:43
The two irresponsible little turds struggling to share a neuron between them both were very lucky, the judge must have had some that morning.

The biker did well to get them to court but I bet it wasn't easy. I'm surprised they weren't coming from the hospital for the hearing.

Macktheknife
15th February 2007, 08:24
Do you reckon we could import that Judge? He sounds like a good one, gotta be better than some of the ones we have here.

His motorbike was struck, damaging the windscreen, stereo speaker cover, silver trim, camera hood and bodywork paint.

Urgh... cruisers

If someone threw a water ballon at me, I'd be all like "fresh yourself up with the fresh up YYEEEHHH!!"

Fat Tony
15th February 2007, 08:57
What? Water filled balloons? Is this the first sign that the UK's finally back on the way up again? It would normally be bricks :lol:

ManDownUnder
15th February 2007, 09:01
It's an easy enough mistake/misunderstanding... "water balloon... is soft and squishy - how could that hurt?"

Kinda overlooking the fact it's fucken weighty at speed...

bugjuice
15th February 2007, 09:02
what sort of bike was he riding?!?!
speak covers, cameras n hoods, silver trim?!?!
gah! what's the world coming to!?

Dai
15th February 2007, 09:04

Does it matter? It was a bike and thats all that counts isnt it?

It's an easy enough mistake/misunderstanding... "water balloon... is soft and squishy - how could that hurt?"

I was thinking the same about you mate ;)

ManDownUnder
15th February 2007, 09:15
I was thinking the same about you mate ;)

If you're trying to make me respond with "I'm hard" - forget it. You're not someone I'm trying to impress like that.

Nothing personal - and fully intending to keep it that way :niceone:

No mate, I was referring to your soft and cuddly nature.

Nothing to see here... move along.

xwhatsit
15th February 2007, 09:49

Sounds like a Goldwing -- the rider was probably just pissed because he's never actually got wet before riding his bike, seeing as the Wing practically has a roof and electric windows.

alley cat
15th February 2007, 12:25
Urgh... cruisers

If someone threw a water ballon at me, I'd be all like "fresh yourself up with the fresh up YYEEEHHH!!"

Hee hee. nice:Punk:

bert_is_evil
16th February 2007, 07:56
It probably made his tassles damp as well, that can't be nice

idb
16th February 2007, 12:32
Like the Wild West?
If that's what the poms thought the Wild West was like it's no wonder that they got cleaned up by George Washington.
Imagine sitting behind the walls at Yorktown with your huge armoury full of water balloons and seeing the American militia marching over the hill with their rifles.....and then the cannon balls start falling...........

bert_is_evil
16th February 2007, 12:34
Perhaps the judge was referring purely to the tassles

NordieBoy
17th February 2007, 19:56

Car at 100kph, bike at 100kph.

Result of .25Kg at effective 200kph into a plastic screen...

Screen has to dissapate 6,900W of energy.

:shit:

Disclaimer: These numbers may bear no relation at all to reality, percieved or actual. May include nuts.

j_redley
18th February 2007, 14:30
I think Id likely do more to the bastards than chase them just to take a picture.