PDA

View Full Version : Drawing of a 520 47T sprocket

Disciple
15th February 2007, 13:36
Hello all. I was wondering if anyone here has the ability to make or maybe the file on hand that I could use to cut out a 520 chain sprocket with 47 teeth on a Laser machine. I would only need a drawing file like a DXF or PDF would do. If someone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

erik
15th February 2007, 16:18
I don't know if these are any use to you:

http://www.gizmology.net/sprockets.htm
http://www.jtsprockets.com/52.0.html?&L=0&sel_uid=1309&p=

Disciple
15th February 2007, 17:58
Thank you for the websites. I did get the pitch and roller diameter of the sprocket there, but now just need the drawing so some of my guys can make up the program for the laser machine. He said he may be able to do it, but that usually means no. If I had a CAD drawing already then he can make the program to suit the machine.

erik
16th February 2007, 11:48
Here's a .dxf of a 47 tooth 520 sprocket done to the dimensions (in mm) in the links I posted. I've done the central hole and bolt holes to what is shown on the JT sprockets website link for the 1998 KX250. You'll have to rename the file extension to .dxf since I changed it to .doc to upload it.

I don't know what sort of tolerances are needed or how it'll work... Use it at your own risk!

JT sprockets are fairly cheap, you might be better off just getting one of them?

Disciple
17th February 2007, 15:49
Thank you very much. I won't hoon it up straight off. I will make sure the runout isn't too much that the link gets bound in the sprocket. I can make this for free in my spare time so even if JT Sprockets are 5 bucks mine will be 0 :)

F5 Dave
19th February 2007, 16:33
You will very much have to chamfer the edges of the teeth. Chain will never mesh at the lowest of speed otherwise. Guess you will need to do this on a lathe after laser cut.

Disciple
20th February 2007, 06:06
Thats not a problem, I am an engineer by trade. We just don't have a CNC Mill to cut it out from, and I haven't operated the laser here before, so didn't know how to program it up. Can widdle the edges on the lathe easy enough. THanks heaps for the info. Very much appreciated.