PDA

View Full Version : Biker down (Tauranga, 15 February)

NUTBAR
16th February 2007, 09:54
Hedgier1 went down last night,
he is in hospital, broke right leg, car took him out.
might need pined. spoke to his mum last night he will be in hospital for a few days at least.
will keep everybody updated as soon as i know more.:( :(

placidfemme
16th February 2007, 09:57
Thats no good...

*just to confirm... he's the guy on the R1 right?*

Cajun
16th February 2007, 09:59
damn that sucks

heal up Hedgier

Cajun
16th February 2007, 09:59
Thats no good...

*just to confirm... he's the guy on the R1 right?*

confirm Hedgier rides an r1

crashe
16th February 2007, 10:01
Farken hell....... pass on my good wishes to the lad.

And tell him to leave the nurses alone......

We ALL know how desperate he is, to get a date, but shite this aint the way to do it. :whistle:
(his very first post on KB was to look for a date - poor bugger thought KB was a dating site!)

Found the thread in question:
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=35710

NUTBAR
16th February 2007, 10:04
will do crashe, but you know mike,

placidfemme
16th February 2007, 10:05
confirm Hedgier rides an r1

Damn... Meet him for the first time on Sunday... heal up mate!

Edbear
16th February 2007, 10:05
Sucks! All the best to him!

u4ea
16th February 2007, 10:06
aw noooooo
heal up soon headgear1
this really sux

Guitana
16th February 2007, 10:10
Bummer!!!

Hope he scratched their paint work!!

crashe
16th February 2007, 10:10
will do crashe, but you know mike,

Thanks...... much appreciated.

Hey BTW how is his bike?:scooter: :scooter:

WickedOne
16th February 2007, 11:41
FARK, not another one!!!! Heal up well and heal up soon brother from Jacs and I.

LilSel
16th February 2007, 11:47
Bugger!!!

Look after yourself mate n heres to a quick recovery *hugs*

Waylander
16th February 2007, 11:52
Damn... Meet him for the first time on Sunday... heal up mate!
He was at Busa Pete's New years party.

Heal up fast mate and never mind Crashe, assuming you find a nurse to your liking in that retirement home/hospital here...

"D" FZ1
16th February 2007, 11:56
Bloody cars. They should be banned!!!!! Hope your back on your bike soon as mate.

MSTRS
16th February 2007, 11:59
Bloody cars. They should be banned!!!!! Hope your back on your bike soon as mate.

No, just the drivers of them....otherwise, what he said

placidfemme
16th February 2007, 12:12
He was at Busa Pete's New years party.

Yeah he said that too on Sunday... But I don't remember meeting him... Usually takes me a few meetings before I readily remember people...

Grub
16th February 2007, 12:19
So any details of what happend, where, how and why?

That's the stuff we learn from

NUTBAR
16th February 2007, 12:36
Thanks...... much appreciated.

Hey BTW how is his bike?:scooter: :scooter:

Checking out his bike this afternoon to see if we can bring it home.
he thinks its not repairable.

crashe
16th February 2007, 12:41
Checking out his bike this afternoon to see if we can bring it home.
he thinks its not repairable.

buggar.

pm sent to you.

NUTBAR
16th February 2007, 12:41
So any details of what happend, where, how and why?

That's the stuff we learn from

overtaking car, car moved across took him out.
police said its the cars fault.
thats all i know at this stage.

been in too see him leg pretty banged up, the have to wait about three days or so for swelling to go down before the can operate & put pins in.
he will be in hospital at least a week at this stage.

Vagabond
16th February 2007, 13:21
Bugger! Hope he heals up good and quick.

WickedOne
16th February 2007, 13:29
Yeah he said that too on Sunday... But I don't remember meeting him... Usually takes me a few meetings before I readily remember people...

He was the one riding with you and me at the front of the pack from Silverdale on Sunday. Silver R1, blue leathers.

Pumba
16th February 2007, 13:41
Bugger thats got to suck. I give him my best for a speedy recovery.

Knowing him the nurses will be throwign him out the hospital as fast as they can leg fixed or not

Qkchk
16th February 2007, 13:47
What on earth are you Tauraunga lot doing to the 'ex Dorkland/Norfland' crew? 2 new arrivals and 2 bins..........:shit: Ganging up I say....

Say hi to Mike from me and Steve. There are better ways to get a holiday mate! :nya: Look on the bright side - at least he'll have some tasty nurses to look at ;) I hope you gave the cage a good telling off!

Here is a piccy of the group (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=47986&d=1165721622)of us at Pissup in the Park 2006 before he gave us the flick :p and headed south. Hedgie is the one wearing the Yamaha shirt.

Postie
16th February 2007, 14:15
broken legs hurt bad, I hope your recovery is swift and the painkillers are plentiful Hedgier1.
You'll learn some cool new stunts once you get your crutches

Maha
16th February 2007, 15:19
Keep ya hands off the nurses Mike......:doctor:
But knowing you i guess thats like telling DMNTD to give up the Banjo....:spudguita
Im wondering if they have tandom wheelchairs?.......:yes:
Soak up that Morphine mate and hope to see ya up and about real soon, we will be down your at Easter so could catch up then.....Mark and Anne

DMNTD
16th February 2007, 15:38
Went and saw Mike earlier today....poor farker. Sure did make me feel great full for only receiving my "minor" inguries.
Mike's full of drugs,calm and relaxed (no choice really).
Will pick up his bike when/if required...the lad is well looked after :yes:

assuming you find a nurse to your liking in that retirement home/hospital here...
Mate I found 5 worthy nurses....will chat with Annette re some "home help" later on

But knowing you i guess thats like telling DMNTD to give up the Banjo....:spudguita
Hey....get off ya Mom!

DemonWolf
16th February 2007, 15:43
Heal up Hedgie.. hope the Car driver gets the book thrown at him! Hope the bike gets replaced asap.

Maha
16th February 2007, 15:51
Hey....get off ya Mom!

4.30pm???....Bit early for you to be up and about aint it?.....:zzzz:
Hey Chris if ya see mike in the next few days.....tell him ''dont eat the custard'' dont ask just trust me on that one ok?.....:shutup:

Disco Dan
16th February 2007, 16:17
Another? :( Heal up dude... get me some of those nurses phone numbers... :blip:

one-speed
16th February 2007, 16:53
:shit: sorry to hear bad stuff mate heal up soon:yes:

Mom
16th February 2007, 16:59
Keep ya hands off the nurses Mike......:doctor:

That is good advice.........I used to nurse and you have no idea what the repercussions of "feeling up" the cute nursie we can find.......:innocent:

Another? :( Heal up dude... get me some of those nurses phone numbers... :blip:

Dont encourage him!!!!

Sorry to hear that a car driver being "unaware" of what is happening around them got you. Heal up soon mate, bummer we wont see you at Paeroa, dont worry we will tell you all about it later.
Take the advice you are given by the medics, heal well and like Mark said hopefully catch your over Easter.......:yes:

Scorpygirl
16th February 2007, 17:13
Bugger to hear this news!!!! Give Hedgier all our best please. I hope he heals up OK. :grouphug:

Waylander
16th February 2007, 17:30
Mate I found 5 worthy nurses....will chat with Annette re some "home help" later on

Really?

*idley considers the thought of shooting himself in the foot with a nail gun.......*

Edbear
16th February 2007, 18:28
He was the one riding with you and me at the front of the pack from Silverdale on Sunday. Silver R1, blue leathers.

Hey! I wuz there! That was a nice R1 that was!

Meekey_Mouse
16th February 2007, 18:50
:gob: Oh man that sucks! As every one else has said, all the best for a speedy recovery Hedgier :yes:

babyB
16th February 2007, 19:37
not good . well wishes at ya mike

Unit
16th February 2007, 19:41
Popped up to see Mike today, Im spending too much time at that hospital presently. They are just waiting for the swelling to go down so they can operate on his leg then he will be able to get on with the healing process. Get well quickly Mike, know you have plenty of support and you will be back on your bike again in no time :doctor:

shafty
16th February 2007, 19:45
Real sorry to hear of your news Dude, - but you can't keep us Tga lads down.

Anything ya need doing - (car doors kicked in? ) - holler!

Shafty
Tga

chanceyy
16th February 2007, 20:02
bugger be careful out there guys .. heal soon mike

Keystone19
16th February 2007, 20:29
Ouch! Take care and heal well babe...

Kittyhawk
16th February 2007, 20:50
Called in and saw Hedgier1 today. He had a smile on which was good. He was and all bandaged up on his leg and hand.

Saw Dmntd there too....not a good combination, as it looked like Dmntd was playing "this little piggy went to market, " on Hedgier1's foot!
(only he would wouldnt he!!)

Had lots of laughs which was good.

Get well soon hun!!!

NUTBAR
17th February 2007, 11:19
Have pased on all good wishes, he aprecieates all the support.
he is posibly having operation on his leg today.
bike is not to bad, have to wait for insurance assessor to take a look at the bike.
rear wheel is stuffted, right hand brake, indicator & afew scratches on the faring, other than that the bike appears to be ok.
He came off worse than the bike.

NUTBAR
19th February 2007, 21:33
mikes operation is on thursday 22/2/07
looks worse than first thought, surgin said he would do what he can:shutup: :shit:
looks like a slow recovery 12 months at least.
if anybody is around this way pop in and see him he could do with a bit of cherring up.
he is in ward 3 room 5

it turns out it was a hit and run, somebody chased the guy who hit him.
the police cought up with the pric.

DMNTD
19th February 2007, 21:36
Fark man,not good news...I'll go back in tomorrow and play with his cathider(sp).

Mrs Busa Pete
20th February 2007, 06:03
You bloody perv. Give him my love and tell him we are thinking of him and hope goes well.Oh and give him a big kiss from me.

NUTBAR
26th February 2007, 19:32
Hey guys

mike has had his operation, it will still b about a week before he gets home.
he has a pin & plates in his leg.
it will be a bout 12 months before he will be able to walk properly at this stage.

Mrs Busa Pete
27th February 2007, 05:29
Hey guys

mike has had his operation, it will still b about a week before he gets home.
he has a pin & plates in his leg.
it will be a bout 12 months before he will be able to walk properly at this stage.

That would be good considering he counldn't walk properly before. Can you give him my :love: and tell Pete and I are thinking of him.

Scorpygirl
27th February 2007, 07:42
Not good to hear. Please give him all the best from Rhino and me!!! :hug: We met him at the "Piss up in the Park". :shutup:

crashe
27th February 2007, 13:39
Give him a big hug from me........
and let him know that I am thinking of him......

NUTBAR
1st March 2007, 19:47
hey guys
mike is now at home.
here is a couple of pics.

Maha
1st March 2007, 19:54
Sign above the bed....'Normal diet and Fluids'.....:corn: :drinkup:
Fairley easy i would have thought!.... may see ya Easter Mike?....we will be down that way...:yes:

PS:.... can someone give him a shave please!!

ManDownUnder
2nd March 2007, 07:48
PS:.... can someone give him a shave please!!

Face?

Legs?

or ... !!!

DMNTD
2nd March 2007, 08:16
Will go visit the lad a little later....with some wax

Mrs Busa Pete
2nd March 2007, 08:17
Face?

Legs?

or ... !!!

What about a brazilin he would enjoy that.:killingme :killingme

ManDownUnder
2nd March 2007, 08:20
What about a brazilin he would enjoy that.:killingme :killingme

I'll bet he would! (http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/9778/aa48ri.jpg)

DMNTD
2nd March 2007, 08:22
I'll bet he would! (http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/9778/aa48ri.jpg)
SOLD....or at least borrowed for a few hours!

hedgier1
2nd March 2007, 11:26
Thank you so much guys for all of the support and well wishes.
Yes I am home and farkn about time. Yes there were some tasty nurses in the hospital but I decided to leave them be as was too drugged up. I have 40 staples in leg and am off leg for 6 weeks at this stage
Sucks. But hey The guy had no wof and no reg and on restricted lic with 4 people in car.

crashe
2nd March 2007, 11:32
Yes I am home and farkn about time. Yes there were some tasty nurses in the hospital but I decided to leave them be as was too drugged up. I have 40 staples in leg and am off leg for 6 weeks at this stage
Sucks. But hey The guy had no wof and no reg and on restricted lic with 4 people in car.

Welcome home to KB......

You have been missed........

So six weeks huh....... lots of DVD's and TV to watch...... and all those soap's to watch...... you will soon know all the characters and who is who :rofl:
Playstation to play on.........

Yeah you will be rather bored real quick......

But then there is always Kiwibiker....... :whistle:

Rest up....... and take it easy.

Pumba
2nd March 2007, 11:38
Welcome back, so was it worth it for the drugs:blip:

Cajun
2nd March 2007, 12:10

Let me know if ya want to look thru my dvd collection mate. i got plenty ya can borrow

ArcherWC
2nd March 2007, 14:42
Hey dude, good to see you on the mend, pity they couldnt fix up your looks while you were in there.

Will most likely catch u next sat on my way back fro Taupo.

Scorpygirl
2nd March 2007, 17:09
Glad you are home mate. Hope the healing process goes well!!! Take it easy!! :yes: :hug:

hedgier1
3rd March 2007, 15:58
Once again Thanks to everyone who sent there well wishes and those who came up and saw me at the Hospital. DMNTD SAUL BRAVO1 UNIT BABYB and others. Cheers mates.
Hey met up with another KB rider in the Hospital wth chest injuries from a bike verses truck and another guy also. My wihes go out to them also. FATCHANCE996 may you get better soon and be back riding.

quickbuck
3rd March 2007, 21:37
Mate,
Only just found this thread, and read about your off.

I wish you well on the mend.

The circumstances really suck the big one.
Stinkin (hot and smelly) time of the year to be laid up in bed too.
I know, cos I got taken out at the same time of year.

Take it easy.

shafty
3rd March 2007, 21:42
Good thinkin Cajun, I'm local and have The Worlds Fastest Indian, Long Way Round and The Rusty Nuts 1000 Miler DVD's - just holler if you want a loan and I'll drop em off.

krash69
3rd March 2007, 21:59
Sucks.

well u at least there will be no more running threw the pubs for a wee while .......hehehehe.......get beta so u b%tch ......hehehehe

and i no the pain of them screws.......:love:

Waylander
3rd March 2007, 22:06
well u at least there will be no more running threw the pubs for a wee while .......hehehehe.......get beta so u b%tch ......hehehehe

and i no the pain of them screws.......:love:
No worries, wont be long before you get a chance to enjoy his screws.

Mike mate, I'll see you tomorrow for Phillip Island. Someone's gotta keep you company while the rest of the crew are off partying.

Unit
4th March 2007, 09:46
Once again Thanks to everyone who sent there well wishes and those who came up and saw me at the Hospital. DMNTD SAUL BRAVO1 UNIT BABYB and others. Cheers mates.
Hey met up with another KB rider in the Hospital wth chest injuries from a bike verses truck and another guy also. My wihes go out to them also. FATCHANCE996 may you get better soon and be back riding.
Good to hear your home and on the road to mending. At least have a bit of time to sus out your next bike. Look forward to seeing you back on the road again

Mrs Busa Pete
4th March 2007, 12:50

do you need a live in nurse :Punk:

krash69
4th March 2007, 17:54

or how about just a big set of soft pillows hehehehehe

Maha
4th March 2007, 19:18

Wow shes got a BIG prick...............:mellow:...hehehehehe...hehehe hehe...OMG thats sooooooo catchy!

fatchance996
6th March 2007, 14:42
Gidda there Hedgier1,
well I to am back home at long last and its SO bloody awsome. My Aprilia has officially been put down (written Off):crybaby: :crybaby: But i guess i can look forward to its replacement. Still got the Triumph to hug but the 05 Aprilia RSVR will be sadly missed in my shed.
Hope this finds you well mate and a speedy recovery to swinging a leg back over ones bike. Appreciated your company in Hospital and will catch you on the road some time.

Bill

Ya be cool

DMNTD
6th March 2007, 14:56
Ya poor bugger having to put up with Mike :dodge:
Too many of us going down from around here lately...and cut it out ya dirty minded bastards! :love:

Waylander
6th March 2007, 16:31
Ya poor bugger having to put up with Mike :dodge:
Too many of us going down from around here lately...and cut it out ya dirty minded bastards! :love:

Majortiy seem to be you transplantians though.

Someone had to take over for me and Mark.:innocent:

DMNTD
6th March 2007, 16:40
Majortiy seem to be you transplantians though.

I think at this stage I should point out that the flames on MY bike aren't real...Waylander :scooter:

Maha
6th March 2007, 16:47
Too many of us going down from around here lately.

CANT LET THIS SLIDE BY.....:shutup:

I know Hedgier would like too...:yes:
Waylander couldnt if he tried....:nono:
And you Chris?....well nuff said really....:innocent:

ps: NOTHING TO DO WITH BIKER ABILLITY EITHER!

DMNTD
6th March 2007, 16:52
Well it was about time someone did :yes:

Waylander
6th March 2007, 17:22
I think at this stage I should point out that the flames on MY bike aren't real...Waylander :scooter:
Cause you ain't riding fast enough.

krash69
6th March 2007, 18:01
Cause you ain't riding fast enough.

dam you starting that bull again.....lol

hedgier1
9th March 2007, 15:45
Waylander just has to ride faster. Dmntd well it was a shame he fell off and well me ....wasn't my fault. So I guess Its all fun and games till someone loses an eye....hehehe Can wait to see busas at easter. will be good to catch up. Have a great ride down.