PDA

View Full Version : Meremere - Drag Wars

The Stranger
16th February 2007, 15:22
Anyone off to this tonight?

LilSel
16th February 2007, 15:40
Anyone off to this tonight?

I think my mates are going... Was supposed to be in welly this weekend... but not going down anymore...
tis windy n raining here.... so... Im not sure if they will still be going... might tag along if they do tho

N4CR
16th February 2007, 16:50
hmm can you just pay 20 bucks and go for a fang etc.. this is the same one eh? after the work do it'll be late but might take my mate for a spin down there we will see, already in that end of auckland (well close to the motorway there lol).

R6_kid
16th February 2007, 17:15
i think its $30 but you would have wanted to be there by now, racing starts around 8-9pm and they dont do late entries last time i checked.

Motu
16th February 2007, 20:06
I had to drive amoungst the silly buggers on the way home tonight.You'd think if the Cops had quotas to meet then they would stake out SH1 between Pokeno and Meremere....they could fill this months and next quotas in an hour.

Oh,sorry....that's victimisation....forgot about that.

The Stranger
17th February 2007, 08:13
I had to drive amoungst the silly buggers on the way home tonight.You'd think if the Cops had quotas to meet then they would stake out SH1 between Pokeno and Meremere....they could fill this months and next quotas in an hour.

Oh,sorry....that's victimisation....forgot about that.

The traffic was nose to tail until the Autobahn - didn't really leave a lot of time for them to do stupid stuff.

The cops did target them on the way back, so you got your wish. I for one think the cops should turn a blind eye a bit and leave them the hell alone - baring obvious problems. But they were getting pulled over for no apparent reason.
These people were going to get it out of their system legally - the way it should be done - let them be FFS.

A few weekends ago they did a big op in town with LTNZ and picked up a heap of illegal mods etc - ok, get em there when they are just hanging around.

scott411
17th February 2007, 08:13
went down their, good night losts of bikes,

quickest pass was 10.49 @ 219kph, not bad for a stock standard ZX10R, lost the final to a stupily fast GSXR750, red light didn;t help but he had me anyway

The Stranger
17th February 2007, 08:16
went down their, good night losts of bikes,

quickest pass was 10.49 @ 219kph, not bad for a stock standard ZX10R, lost the final to a stupily fast GSXR750, red light didn;t help but he had me anyway

That Busa was damn quick though - got 2 runs in at 10.12 didn't it?
Were you on the ZX10R with dealer plates? Laughed like hell when I saw that - Just going for a test ride, bring it back tomorrow.

scott411
17th February 2007, 09:04
yeah that was me with dealer plates ;) , i got real lucky when the busa jumped and got the red light in the semi finals, all the bikes make the cars look slow,

N4CR
17th February 2007, 13:34
last time i was there fasest time was a modded busa with 9.91 quickest vehicle there and ***in the damp***. let me know when the next one is we should post athread earlier and get more of us down there :) i'll be keen to see what the stocker 06 10r can get with me on it i'm aiming mid to low 10's. ciao.

heaps of pigs followingthe drag train last night it was pretty huge, nodman turned up of course.. lol.

well my gix ain't stock, so should push out a reasonable time, bigger limiter will be the fact I can't gun away from the line for shit.

Loopy
22nd February 2007, 22:10
Yeh I was there on friday night! :woohoo: Good to see some of the Kiwi Rider Magazine boys down there giving their bikes a thrashing & the rest of you did some very impressive times! Hot stuff!:rockon: I wasnt on a bike tho but I as I have never dragged (at meremere before that is) I entered my falcon ute and came 2nd in the Womens division! I am pretty damn pleased with myself. I was up against commodores, 26 coupe, and a few turbo charged cars, but I still got 2nd place and 30 championship points. Teheee. :second: cant wait for the next race meet! awesome fun for bikes and cars! I was doing skids and burnouts all the way home! Naugh-ty!:cool: :spanking:

N4CR
23rd February 2007, 14:49
so next week think we should oganise an event and we can all meet up?? how bout it.. get a few kb'rs down there talk crap and do some racing/watch it etc. bike connnvoy. do some rollons etc. hehehe

avgas
23rd February 2007, 14:58
i might be keen for that.
Dunno bout draggin though - Meremere hates me when i go to a KB drag. I never seem to arrive there with good clutch or tyre pressures.
Mabey the FZ will break the curse - as i havent had a non-problematic drag since i had the insane rg (13.8)

Kwaka14
23rd February 2007, 15:01
If it's only $30 ish I'd be keen to take the 12 down for a run, not done any drag racing though (yet)

The Stranger
23rd February 2007, 15:06
so next week think we should oganise an event and we can all meet up?? how bout it.. get a few kb'rs down there talk crap and do some racing/watch it etc. bike connnvoy. do some rollons etc. hehehe

Next one is Friday 2nd of March.
Cost is (well was for the boys cage) $55.00
Starts 6:30
You get 4 practice runs, then into a sudden death elimination, so will get 5 runs min.

I think I got that all correct.

Motu
23rd February 2007, 17:07
Thanks for the warning,I'll go a different way home.

BarBender
27th February 2007, 21:33
See you all there.
Come over and introduce yourselves. Should be a good night. I suspect by the end of it you'll all be hooked.

Big Dave
27th February 2007, 21:53
osBiOJSW96o

N4CR
1st March 2007, 05:34
i'll be there with some mates. i'll be on the bike and might run some times, we will see. first time on a 'track' for me if that's the case lol

anyone else coming???

edit: would have expected the big trumpy to be quicker than that??

BarBender
1st March 2007, 11:47
i'll be there with some mates. i'll be on the bike and might run some times, we will see. first time on a 'track' for me if that's the case lol

anyone else coming???

edit: would have expected the big trumpy to be quicker than that??

Callum and I will be there.

Loopy
1st March 2007, 22:03
Loopy will be there again!2thumbsup Yahoooo! I will be again racing my falcon ute down the strip and as I did really well in the last dragwars meet coming second in my class Im hoping this time I can do just that much better! And for those of you who dont know me I'll be wandering round in my Loopy shirt, racing a blue falcon ute, and I'll also have my brite orange work van down there too. Come and say hello. I'm a nice person! tehee. :wavey: Bring it on! Burn outs and skids! Fun fun fun!:woohoo: :banana: :woohoo::

BarBender
2nd March 2007, 13:10
Loopy will be there again!2thumbsup Yahoooo! I will be again racing my falcon ute down the strip and as I did really well in the last dragwars meet coming second in my class Im hoping this time I can do just that much better! And for those of you who dont know me I'll be wandering round in my Loopy shirt, racing a blue falcon ute, and I'll also have my brite orange work van down there too. Come and say hello. I'm a nice person! tehee. :wavey: Bring it on! Burn outs and skids! Fun fun fun!:woohoo: :banana: :woohoo::

See you there Loopy.

So there like prizes and stuff?

N4CR
2nd March 2007, 13:56
so there like prizes and stuff?

no, there are no pies.

see you guys and gals there i'll be leaving around 6 from my place.

but I want my prize pie!! If I'm gonna turn up and win this thing I deserve a prize.

Loopy
2nd March 2007, 14:08
So there like prizes and stuff?
yeah there are prizes, if you go to www.dragwars.co.nz it will tell you in detail what is up for grabs but at the mo there is a $500 cash prize and season pass up for grabs if you compete in 'so many' meets. Its a huge amount of fun, give it a go!

N4CR
2nd March 2007, 15:25
anyone doing illegals afterwards?

Kwaka14
2nd March 2007, 15:33
I'm gutted, I forgot anout this and have other commitments....

How'd this go last night?

Was gonna rock on down, but sadly lacking the cash for fuel and a replacement tyre :(

Morcs
3rd March 2007, 09:47
Hopefully Kitty wasnt waiting for me at the autobahn, as she lost her phone only way of communication was via pm... and i only checked them this morning... :doh:

N4CR
3rd March 2007, 17:06
how'd this go last night?

was gonna rock on down, but sadly lacking the cash for fuel and a replacement tyre :(

went pretty well eh, i had a ball got eliminated pretty quickly being first time and almost all the bikes being regulars with drag set up busas and zx14s... lol ouch. i think i got the best stock time of the night with a 10.861 i think, anyone confirm that??

one guy on a gsxr750 k6 was running 10.4 which is friggen decent. fastest bus there was a 10.1 consistent.

BarBender
3rd March 2007, 17:15
You did well Tris.

First night and you bowl up and run low 11's and thick end 10's.
You're a natural!!!
10.8 is flying. I think the fastest stock time was out of you and a stock Busa.

Puddy did well also. Consdering he weighs over 130kgs he ran an 11.2 on his Gixxer thou.

Loopy
4th March 2007, 13:58
How'd this go last night?

Was gonna rock on down, but sadly lacking the cash for fuel and a replacement tyre :(
Another great night at the drags. There was a 134 entries this time which was only slightly down in numbers on the last meet. Not so many bikes this time entered but those who did were burning up some very impressive times!(not forgetting to mention that there were a few sexy guys amongs them) I was doing well in my ute until my third practice run when I got completely flustered, had to reverse back up to the tree to get the blue lights, left it in reverse gear by mistake, and when the green light came on I dropped the clutch forgetting that I was in reverse gear and shot backwards instead of forwards! Apparently there was a lot of laughter! Its nice that I can bring laughter to the world, tehee, but I did manage to beat all my times from the last meet so I was happy.

N4CR
4th March 2007, 16:37
[quote=barbender;960781]you did well tris.

10.8 is flying. i think the fastest stock time was out of you and a stock busa.
/quote]

yeah i was wondeing about that busa, didn't see what he got, i noticed one that had its cans taken off.. rather funny :) your launches were really nice and consistent and that bike going past.. phoawr! my mates all loved the zx14s said they looked the bizzo (sure went the bizzo too). you're a big mutha so the times you are pulling are even harder to get, so big props to you dude! did you get much traction loss at the line? i noticed the gsxr750 guy was pretty much spinning it up the whole way off, i did that on my first run but too much spin was a lucky save hehehe...

first time i've ridden the bike 'in anger' from a stop, didn't know it could do that sorta speed in such little time... modern tech..

edit: loopy didn't see you there unfortunately, and i missed ya borked launch, what category was that you ran in? must have been getting food or something at that stage.

BarBender
4th March 2007, 17:32

/quote]

yeah i was wondeing about that busa, didn't see what he got, i noticed one that had its cans taken off.. rather funny :) your launches were really nice and consistent and that bike going past.. phoawr! my mates all loved the zx14s said they looked the bizzo (sure went the bizzo too). you're a big mutha so the times you are pulling are even harder to get, so big props to you dude! did you get much traction loss at the line? i noticed the gsxr750 guy was pretty much spinning it up the whole way off, i did that on my first run but too much spin was a lucky save hehehe...

first time i've ridden the bike 'in anger' from a stop, didn't know it could do that sorta speed in such little time... modern tech..

edit: loopy didn't see you there unfortunately, and i missed ya borked launch, what category was that you ran in? must have been getting food or something at that stage.

Nah I wasnt that fast mate. You blitzed me!!
Id need bigger kahunas to drop the clutch in the red on my new bike - and even then - I'd use links and straps.

I think the fastest on the night was the blue 14. Ran a sub 10? in the warm ups. Awesome run. Consistently in the low 10s all night. The stock Bus had both cans off and I think from memory ran 10.8 also. Regardless -You're down 300cc on a Bus - so you did well.
Dean Veale was the guy on the 750. Does all his talking on the strip. Broke the NZ record on his Bus a couple of weeks ago running a 8.8. I've been told that his best time on his Gixxer 750 is...get this...10.3!!

hurricane_r
4th March 2007, 17:35
i might take the nsr down in few weeks, pull a 9 sec or so

N4CR
4th March 2007, 17:46
dean veale was the guy on the 750. does all his talking on the strip. broke the nz record on his bus a couple of weeks ago running a 8.8. i've been told that his best time on his gixxer 750 is...get this...10.3!!
interesting thing for me is that all these bikes have done much higher times on other tracks (possibly the surface ain't too good here), even journos who have never drag raced have got 10.2 and 10.1 on stock zx10's etc after a few runs and more pro riders 9.92 etc, considering the mods they have on the busas running there i'd expect them to be quicker if you get what i mean... i didn't touch my bike apart from dropping to 32psi in the rear for the last run where i almost looped the buggar at launch... hehehe. i should strap and tweak it next time like you mentioned, would be good fun!!!

i got a few slappers towards the line, it's quite bumpy esp right lane. one thing i noticed (which made me very suprised) was that even though busa's were beating me, i was still getting a higher top speed and gaining on them after launch. first run 11.15 vs busa with 10.7. i was doing 220 he was doing 214 i think... 10r vs busa.. wtf eh. you guys on the big bikes can launch so much better than me with the longer wheelbase/weight advantage. i wish i could do a longer run with them.. might even catch them till they got their top end aero advantage out on me and slipped off.. anyone with a busa want to have a try sometime??

12.9 or something you mean? rs250 98 does a 12.2 from memory. a cbr400rr got mid to high 13's that was there, good effort, but all the cage guys cheered when a car bet it. i informed them that it was 400cc and 17 years old, they shut up pretty quickly....

BarBender
4th March 2007, 18:15
interesting thing for me is that all these bikes have done much higher times on other tracks (possibly the surface ain't too good here), even journos who have never drag raced have got 10.2 and 10.1 on stock zx10's etc after a few runs and more pro riders 9.92 etc, considering the mods they have on the busas running there i'd expect them to be quicker if you get what i mean... ....

Yeah mate. The surface wasnt the best on Friday- so as you say the bikes could have gone alot faster. Because of the torque and track condition all of the 14s and Bus's had rear wheel spin. I for one wasnt tied down so had the rear spinning pretty much the whole run...and when it did grab...the front wanted to come up. Either way I was farked....(and shitting myself...esp on the new bike).

i didn't touch my bike apart from dropping to 32psi in the rear for the last run where i almost looped the buggar at launch... hehehe. i should strap and tweak it next time like you mentioned, would be good fun!!!....

I think you'll notice a hell of a difference.

i got a few slappers towards the line, it's quite bumpy esp right lane. one thing i noticed (which made me very suprised) was that even though busa's were beating me, i was still getting a higher top speed and gaining on them after launch. first run 11.15 vs busa with 10.7. i was doing 220 he was doing 214 i think... 10r vs busa.. wtf eh. ....
I saw that run. Yeah the right side of the right lane is bumpy about half way up the track. Paul would have won the race in the first first 60ft which is where his Bus would have had the advantage of torque and leverage. Your rice burner would have just flown once it got traction.

you guys on the big bikes can launch so much better than me with the longer wheelbase/weight advantage. i wish i could do a longer run with them.. might even catch them till they got their top end aero advantage out on me and slipped off.. anyone with a busa want to have a try sometime??....

You and Callum have the same issues. Maybe you should both talk to Dean Veale. He doesnt have any probs keeping the front end down launching his 750 off the limiter
:dodge:

hurricane_r
4th March 2007, 18:20
wat!!! i know i was joking about the 9 sec, thing wow, 12 sec is extreme u sure about that?

Loopy
4th March 2007, 18:49

/quote]

Hey NC4R, I was entered in the womens division class, me and a few of the other lady racers are trying to build up the class in numbers but unfortunately there were only 4 of us in our class this time, where as at the last meet there were 8 of us. My BACKWARDS LAUNCH happened during practicing and it was my 3rd run which was my last practice. (I was in a blue falcon ute by the way) Greeat night tho!

Loopy
4th March 2007, 18:58

Oh yeah boys ( and girls) the next night drag wars is on friday 23rd march(ooh dats exactly one week before my birthday, tehee :thud: and I tinks it is the last meet for the season. See website www.dragwars.co.nz for more details. :woohoo:

BarBender
4th March 2007, 19:17
[quote=N4CR;961486]
My BACKWARDS LAUNCH happened during practicing and it was my 3rd run which was my last practice. (I was in a blue falcon ute by the way) Greeat night tho!

I saw that.
:gob:

N4CR
4th March 2007, 20:34
oh yeah boys ( and girls) the next night drag wars is on friday 23rd march(ooh dats exactly one week before my birthday, tehee :thud:

and exactly a month after mine... rofl.

i'll probably be there again, loved it and had a real buzz even only 4 runs... awesome fun! i'll do dyo probably so i don't get **** kicked by all the drag bikes out there...

Loopy
4th March 2007, 23:03
[quote=Loopy;961630]

I saw that.
:gob:

yeh you and everybody else saw it darlin'! I suspect you and certain other people had a good giggle tho. I was told by one of the officials Trev whos a lovely guy that they hadnt seen that type of launching happen at Meremere for a long time..suppose that kinda makes my backward lauch special. teehee!:yes:

Loopy
4th March 2007, 23:22
and exactly a month after mine... rofl.

i'll probably be there again, loved it and had a real buzz even only 4 runs... awesome fun! i'll do dyo probably so i don't get **** kicked by all the drag bikes out there...

For someone whos bikes capacity and h.p was a lot smaller than the others you didnt do too badly hun. and also when its your first time doing dragging it can be quite nerve racking and you can get flustered quite easily. When I did my first practice run I was very nervous but as soon as I dropped the clutch and was punching in the gears I didnt have a care in the world. Stay in the bike class, it doesnt matter what times you run so long as you are having fun doing it and we need the numbers to keep the class open. It becomes an addiction! At least you dont have to worry about reverse gear on a bike!(and make a complete dick of yourself like some people! :doh:

Mr Merde
4th March 2007, 23:39
You lot have made me real envious.

I used to race track back in the days when I was fit and lighter.

Then I discovered "drag racing".

I didnt need to be super fit, it didnt matter that I was old. All that mattered was me, the christmas tree and a lot of determination.

I had to give up the 1/4 mile 6 years ago due to a family problem (the wife didnt like bikes)

I still have bikes, I dont have a wife.

Your posted times are all very good, I would be proud to be running any one of the.

Do you have "bracket" racing here in NZ? I used to run in the 10.5-11.0 second bracket. This meant I had to make my runs within those parameters. If I went lower than 10.5 or higher than 11.0 I was disqualified from the bracket. made it more fun as I was also racing against myself.

One of these days I may join you down there. Just to see the fun again.

The Stranger
5th March 2007, 08:57
Never made it to this last one, would have loved to see you take off in reverse I must admit. But hey BLOODY GOOD ON YA both for having a go and having a laugh at yourself.

I hope to be there for the next one though.
Just to confirm - that is on the 23rd of march and I believe it is the last for the season, so if you are thinking you want to have a go, this is it folks.

hurricane_r
5th March 2007, 10:05
id feel quite intimidated with hundreds of boyracers around me,,,

N4CR
5th March 2007, 10:21
do you have "bracket" racing here in nz? i used to run in the 10.5-11.0 second bracket. this meant i had to make my runs within those parameters. if i went lower than 10.5 or higher than 11.0 i was disqualified from the bracket. made it more fun as i was also racing against myself.

it's called dyo or dial your own time now. it's not a bracket as such as far as i know. i got 11.1 10.8 10.995 11.4 (wheelied start accidentally) so i'd be putting 10.8 flat as my dialled time as it would be hard to beat. if i broke it i'd loose straight away and be disqualified. it's the closest you can get to bracket racing i guess. you get 3 (or 4 if early enough there) runs to test out your skills/bike so there was no way i could go dyo first time not knowing my time anyway. i think closest to time wins....

good points there loopy i'll stick in the bike class... might talk to some people about bike setup and fiddle with things next time although i'd prefer to run road racing setup as that's what i always run...

if you get nervous just focus on the bike/car and the track and look to the end - you want to get there as quick as possible. i didn't get nervy i just concentrated on launch and ran it through my head although i felt a bit lost staging (figured the white line was stage line but wasn't sure... lol). great fun give it a go hurricane.

avgas
5th March 2007, 12:23
anyone doing illegals afterwards?
If you know something, id be most interested as i haven't done that in years

avgas
5th March 2007, 12:30
a cbr400rr got mid to high 13's that was there, good effort, but all the cage guys cheered when a car bet it. i informed them that it was 400cc and 17 years old, they shut up pretty quickly....
Thats pretty bad, my z4 got 13.6, with a f'ed clutch and a top speed of 100kph.
It was an amusing ride home cos the bike would go past 70kph and 13,000 revs in top gear.

BarBender
5th March 2007, 14:58
One of these days I may join you down there. Just to see the fun again.

Common on down mate.
If it on your blood you should be spending Friday nights with us rather than watching Super 18 or whatever the fuck it is on the telly.

Most of us bar Tris and one or two others are in our late 30's to 60's. Its a good opportunity to stick it to the "rrrrooooooommmm pfft! rroooooooommm pfft etc..." crew.

Mr Merde
5th March 2007, 15:03
Common on down mate.
If it on your blood you should be spending Friday nights with us rather than watching Super 18 or whatever the fuck it is on the telly.

Most of us bar Tris and one or two others are in our late 30's to 60's. Its a good opportunity to stick it to the "rrrrooooooommmm pfft! rroooooooommm pfft etc..." crew.

Was going to come down last Friday but finances prohibited it this time.

Bike needs a little work and such before I can run it.

Let me know when the next runs are on. Looking for some time in April.

BarBender
5th March 2007, 15:07
Was going to come down last Friday but finances prohibited it this time.

Bike needs a little work and such before I can run it.

Let me know when the next runs are on. Looking for some time in April.

23rd is the last Drag Wars.
I'll come back to you if there is anything in April....

Mr Merde
5th March 2007, 15:12
23rd is the last Drag Wars.
I'll come back to you if there is anything in April....

Might be able to make that one.

BTW I should fit in OK as age goes, 50

BarBender
5th March 2007, 15:16
[quote=BarBender;961663]

yeh you and everybody else saw it darlin'! I suspect you and certain other people had a good giggle tho. I was told by one of the officials Trev whos a lovely guy that they hadnt seen that type of launching happen at Meremere for a long time..suppose that kinda makes my backward lauch special. teehee!:yes:

Goes to show that I dont read who posts - I thought Loopy was a guy!!!:shutup:

I remember saying to my mate at the time - "Look at that - she's got kahunas to even get it on the start line!!!:yes: It didnt even occur to me looking at your car that you were Loopy

BarBender
5th March 2007, 15:18
Might be able to make that one.

BTW I should fit in OK as age goes, 50

Good.
PM me when you head down so we can hook up and go through scrutineering together with the rest of the bikes.
Should be all familiar territory to you M.

Mr Merde
5th March 2007, 15:20
Good.
PM me when you head down so we can hook up and go through scrutineering together with the rest of the bikes.
Should be all familiar territory to you M.

6 Years ago and a different country.

Santa Pod.

"Run what ya brung" meets

BarBender
5th March 2007, 15:25
6 Years ago and a different country.

Santa Pod.

"Run what ya brung" meets

LOL
Same animals - different jungle.

A Northhampton lad then?

Mr Merde
5th March 2007, 15:32
LOL
Same animals - different jungle.

A Northhampton lad then?

No, from the west of that about 2 hours.

Used to ride the bike to the track. Strip off what I could, deflate the tyre and take it up the track.

Watching the xmas tree count down built up the adrenilin. Trying to keep the front wheel on the ground and the bike going in a straight line.

Biggest buzz I had in a long time. Hooked after the first run.

Just wanted to go faster and faster. Drooled over the turbo'd and nitro'd bikes. Dreamt of building a flat out drag bike.

BarBender
5th March 2007, 15:36
No, from the west of that about 2 hours.

Used to ride the bike to the track. Strip off what I could, deflate the tyre and take it up the track.

Watching the xmas tree count down built up the adrenilin. Trying to keep the front wheel on the ground and the bike going in a straight line.

Biggest buzz I had in a long time. Hooked after the first run.

Just wanted to go faster and faster. Drooled over the turbo'd and nitro'd bikes. Dreamt of building a flat out drag bike.

You'll be amongst friends then.

Loopy
5th March 2007, 18:45
[quote=Loopy;961956]

Goes to show that I dont read who posts - I thought Loopy was a guy!!!:shutup:

I remember saying to my mate at the time - "Look at that - she's got kahunas to even get it on the start line!!!:yes: It didnt even occur to me looking at your car that you were Loopy

Didnt you read my profile? I am a F-E-M-A-L-E! :spanking: I am woman,:yes: and I am known to all my customers and everybody else as LOOPY:cool: You would have known that had ya come a wondering and found me, next time you see the ute on the strip you'll know its me.And thank you for recognising my big kahunas, you're not the first but they do come in handy sometimes. :eek: Oh yeah, and next time you're speaking with Callum tell him that I said itsa pity we didnt get a chance to talk.

avgas
21st March 2007, 12:09
Will try an make it down on fri after graduation. Doubt i will be able to race - as neither my bike or me is fit enough right now.
Anyone else going?

The Stranger
23rd March 2007, 16:26
Will try an make it down on fri after graduation. Doubt i will be able to race - as neither my bike or me is fit enough right now.
Anyone else going?

Ok people whos coming - to the drags? Best get your skates on.

Mr Merde
23rd March 2007, 16:39
Cant make it tonight. Bike isnt legal, rego expired.

Helmet wouldnt pass scrutiny as it has this slight GOUGE down the right hand side.

avgas
25th March 2007, 02:21
graduation, turned into drinks, turned into more drinks........

The Stranger
25th March 2007, 10:03
graduation, turned into drinks, turned into more drinks........

Was a good night. Best run of the night was a Hayabusa. 8.54 if my memory is correct. Fark it was fast.
Was street legal, had a lengthened swing arm, real low suspension (looked like rods holding the suspension down) the tripple clamps and bars were custom, apparently to give the same wheel base but effectively move the mass forward. Rumours about engine size varied from 1500 - 1650 cc. I recon the guy must have had decent size kahunas too.

Gareth took the GSXR down. Pulled a crowd pleasing wheelie in second and third whilst wasting a boy racer.

My boy knocked 1.3 seconds off his best from last time.

They had a smokey comp at the end whilst we were repairing a puncture on the X11. We could hardly see and we were a couple of hundred meters away.

Highly recommended for a friday night's entertainment now and then.

avgas
25th March 2007, 12:14
Yeh its a pity it was the last of the season. Gave a spare helmet to a mate that was suppose to race his vr4 - but blowoff valve....well blew off. So he didnt race in the end.
I picked up a bit of a bug from work on thur, drank (alot) fri, was up to 4 this morn playin PS3 at a mates (gotta love projectors) and now im paying for it.
The flu is now an understatement - feels like someone shoved a pack of marshmellows up my nostrils.
Why do i keep doing this to myself:mellow:

R6_kid
25th March 2007, 15:01
would just like to say cheers to Noel again for letting me borrow the weapon. I think if i spent more time on the bike i would easily be running mid-low 10s runs, was my first time out riding a 'full power' litre bike so i was still coming to grips with the power after my 3rd practice run.

My actual 'race' was crap, i didn't completely understand the setup of DYO so dialled in 10.5s, in my race run i was focusing on not wheel spinning or wheelie-ing off the line, so my launch was a bit slow, put it almost straight into second and opened it up. Managed a rather poor 11.8s run, my best was 11.2 in qualifying runs.

Later on in the night i went in for grudge racing, got lined up against a 14.4s S15 Silvia so knew i didnt have to try to beat him, i was going to anyway. Decided to have some fun with it, so again did a slow launch, at about the stage he changed gears i opened up first and lifted the front wheel, hooked second and kept it up, then hooked third and had a bit of trouble balancing the power so backed off to put the front down, opened it up and lent forward to go for the line. Needless to say i completely smoked the Silvia, the pass was a 11.5s for me which with a 200m wheelie isnt a bad effort!

:rockon: :Punk:

Would be awesome to see more bikes down there when they have their next meeting. Girls can probably race in the Womens class against shit-ass cars if you don't think you can race conisistently (DYO) or just really fast (Bikes). Either way its a blast and loads of fun.

Mr Merde
25th March 2007, 17:01
So when does the season start?

Gives me a little more time to open up the breathing on the GS1200.

Got some new cams, 38mm Mik's on order and a new exhaust system on its way. Timing advance on way from UK. Looking at building some lighter plastics and replacing suspension components. Where can I get a fiberglass fuel cell from?? Nedd to drop the weight up top and lower centre of gravity.

Arranged to have the heads flowed when I have all the kit together. Will spend a weekend putiing all of this together.

Oh goody found a big bore kit. Mmmmm expensive but 1400cc mmmmm.

Should boost the weight down to about 190kg and the power up to about 130 hp at rear wheel.

Would help if I dropped 10 kg also.

Next season expect to see me at as many races as possible.

Forgot to mention, mate of mine has built me a water injection system that we can run a little meths mixed in with the H2O, Should be good for a little extra oomph and keep the engine cooler.

Can I run stock?

Merde.

avgas
27th March 2007, 12:30
So when does the season start?

Gives me a little more time to open up the breathing on the GS1200.

Got some new cams, 38mm Mik's on order and a new exhaust system on its way. Timing advance on way from UK. Looking at building some lighter plastics and replacing suspension components. Where can I get a fiberglass fuel cell from?? Nedd to drop the weight up top and lower centre of gravity.

Arranged to have the heads flowed when I have all the kit together. Will spend a weekend putiing all of this together.

Oh goody found a big bore kit. Mmmmm expensive but 1400cc mmmmm.

Should boost the weight down to about 190kg and the power up to about 130 hp at rear wheel.

Would help if I dropped 10 kg also.

Next season expect to see me at as many races as possible.

Forgot to mention, mate of mine has built me a water injection system that we can run a little meths mixed in with the H2O, Should be good for a little extra oomph and keep the engine cooler.

Can I run stock?

Merde.

Holy crap remind me not to race you - i rode a gs with a yoshi and it pulled like the fonz. All that work and you have yourself a drag weapon. How about some NOS?

Mr Merde
27th March 2007, 13:50
Holy crap remind me not to race you - i rode a gs with a yoshi and it pulled like the fonz. All that work and you have yourself a drag weapon. How about some NOS?

Big bore kit can wait. girlfriend wants a house.

The rest over the next few months.

NOS would be nice but expensive??????

Would probably scare me senseless. I still want my arms in their sockets

avgas
27th March 2007, 22:00

Yeh i know about the house thing - have to do some of that saving stuff myself.
It sucks saving when your a guy, girl is easy, it all "Ok i will save $100 this week here, then buy these shoes on the credit card".....for a guy its "Ok $100 into savings.....hmmmm seems there is now enough in savings for a new bike....hmmmm"

NOS wasnt that expensive - 1-2K? cant remeber but it was ok. Im too slow to ride with it though, i barely use 80% of my throttle as it is.

ALLY G
30th July 2007, 18:05
Big bore kit can wait. girlfriend wants a house.
The rest over the next few months.
Would probably scare me senseless. I still want my arms in their sockets

If I had the cash I would have:-
Big Bore to 1560cc
Turbo to 400+rw Hp
Noz
Water injection
Multi stage lockup clutch
Extended swingarm
Compressed forks
2 Stage ignition limiter
Air shifter
and a warrant/rego:yes:
MOOOOORE POOOOOOOWER !!!!!!!!
Anyone got a spare 15k they can give me:innocent:

Mr Merde
30th July 2007, 22:56
Big Bore to 1560cc
Turbo to 400+rw Hp
Noz
Water injection
Extended swingarm
Compressed forks
2 Stage ignition limiter
Air shifter

Someone who can outdo me in dreaming.

I am impressed.

I think I an forever destined to dream but at least I do that in style.

ALLY G
31st July 2007, 06:54
Someone who can outdo me in dreaming.
I am impressed.
I think I an forever destined to dream but at least I do that in style.

Some of us aint happy with only the dream but dreams are free I suppose.
As for style(looks around)if you have it it must be subtle !

"WARNING DANGER Will Robbinson METAL CLAWS FLAILING AROUND"

*WARNING DANGER CONTENTIOUS BASTARD RESPONDING * LMFAO

ALLY G
24th September 2009, 20:14
mr MERDE
would you like to see a pic of the rebuilt motor ?
I'm thinking 300hp @ the rear wheel.:Punk:

Wheeliemonsta
29th September 2009, 19:20
Big Bore to 1560cc
Turbo to 400+rw Hp
Noz
Water injection
Extended swingarm
Compressed forks
2 Stage ignition limiter
Air shifter

Or you could buy a ZX12-R brother !!! L.M.A.O.T.I.F.O.C !!!

:rockon: