PDA

View Full Version : Pointless Drivel

ceebie13
16th February 2007, 16:19
Doesn't it go quiet when the wabbly-squabblies get assigned to the PD bin?
Todays debacle just goes to show that when things get out of hand both the accused and the accusers haven't a clue what integrity is. Well done Joni for putting it in File 13.

Well.... i assume it was you :-)

Hitcher
16th February 2007, 17:13
Some threads certainly struggle to stay on topic, that's for sure!

Edbear
16th February 2007, 17:16
Some threads certainly struggle to stay on topic, that's for sure!

Anyone going to Paeroa on Sunday...?

Madness
16th February 2007, 17:17
I wish I could go to Paeroa...........

dawnrazor
16th February 2007, 17:18
what happened....what happened....why wasn't I involved.....bloody work, always keeping me from the fun....I'm off to PD to catch up

Sniper
16th February 2007, 17:19
Doesn't it go quiet when the wabbly-squabblies get assigned to the PD bin?
Todays debacle just goes to show that when things get out of hand both the accused and the accusers haven't a clue what integrity is. Well done Joni for putting it in File 13.

Well.... i assume it was you :-)

Assumptions make an ass (Excuse the spelling Hitcher) out of me and you

Joni
16th February 2007, 17:20
Thanks Ceebie...
And yes re the integrity thing...

Was not the easiest of days for me.

Edbear
16th February 2007, 17:28
Was not the easiest of days for me.

I hear you! The printer on my truck packed up, the Eft-pos started playing up again and then the truck batteries went flat 'cause I was working locally and the onboard equipment drained them!

(Sorry, p/t...)

mstriumph
16th February 2007, 17:32
*thinks "i'll just sit here, smile and nod ..... and pretend i know wat is going on...."* :yes: ...... someone started squabbling with Edbear at Paeroa because his truck batteries were flat and lacking in integrity.............. ??

Waylander
16th February 2007, 18:16
You know, I havn't seen a decen't beer thread lately....

Waylander
16th February 2007, 18:17
Assumptions make an ass (Excuse the spelling Hitcher) out of me and you
Hitcher be damned oh cat who shoots from ass cracks.

lol

Edbear
16th February 2007, 18:18
You know, I havn't seen a decen't beer thread lately....

Mmmm! Reminds me I've got some Heineken in the fridge....:yes:

Edbear
16th February 2007, 18:19
someone started squabbling with Edbear at Paeroa because his truck batteries were flat and lacking in integrity.............. ??

Heh heh! Gotta find me first...:innocent:

Deviant Esq
16th February 2007, 23:32
I was in a position to read the full original unabridged thread when it had got to 15 pages, and I really couldn't believe it had degenerated into the slinging match it became - I had made my only post on page 1. III was doing a pretty good deed in general, many people agreed with the spirt of the thread (at least, up to P15 they did), which was to generally condemn the actions of that particular group, and to show the pub in question how we feel let down as bikers and are willing to put it right. Some people voiced different opinions, which were fair enough and all fine, but some just went overboard and made personal attacks and flung abuse. I couldn't really believe it.

At the time I was reading it Joni and Hitcher were lurking in there as well, so I knew the abusers would get what was coming to them in the end, but it shouldn't have to come to that on KB. Having said that, the mods have my respect for the job they do here. Good work, the lot of you, for the thankless task of trying to keep this site civil.

Kendog
17th February 2007, 07:18
I was in a position to read the full original unabridged thread when it had got to 15 pages, and I really couldn't believe it had degenerated into the slinging match it became - I had made my only post on page 1. III was doing a pretty good deed in general, many people agreed with the spirt of the thread (at least, up to P15 they did), which was to generally condemn the actions of that particular group, and to show the pub in question how we feel let down as bikers and are willing to put it right. Some people voiced different opinions, which were fair enough and all fine, but some just went overboard and made personal attacks and flung abuse. I couldn't really believe it.

At the time I was reading it Joni and Hitcher were lurking in there as well, so I knew the abusers would get what was coming to them in the end, but it shouldn't have to come to that on KB. Having said that, the mods have my respect for the job they do here. Good work, the lot of you, for the thankless task of trying to keep this site civil.

My thoughts exactly as a page 1 poster before I went to work in the morning.

The topic was fair and sentiment was in the right place.

By the time I get home (don't get to view KB at work) I was amazed at what the discussion had become. Why do people here continue to bleat on about a topic they disagree with. If you disagree its your opinion and you have the right to voice it, but there is no need to carry it on and on like we see so many times.

Big ups to the mods, I know I would not be as patient if I had the power.

Drum
17th February 2007, 07:25
Well I read and enjoyed all 22 pages! Now I want my evening back.

Would have been a really good thread with Winja's input!

Trudes
17th February 2007, 07:47
I know I would not be as patient if I had the power.

As your wife, Hahahahahahaha......... (sorry):shutup:

Well I read and enjoyed all 22 pages! Now I want my evening back.

Would have been a really good thread with Winja's input!

Too true, now that would've been worth reading!! Bring back WINJA!!!!:bye:

Maha
17th February 2007, 07:49
I see that idolstroker tried his best (but failed) to start up the conversation again in another thread.....:nono:

Kendog
17th February 2007, 08:06
As your wife, Hahahahahahaha......... (sorry):shutup:

I will infract your ass later, now get back in the kitchen :p

The Stranger
17th February 2007, 08:27

Say what?
For the most part that was a great thread (until it got too personal right near the end) - if only the mods hadn't put it in PD we could have sold the rights for someone to turn it into a soap opera.

terbang
17th February 2007, 08:55
It's certainly amazing how threads can degenerate for the wrong reasons. Just went back and had a read and it is not hard to see that it was a minority, the same old minority with their quips and funnies that started the spiral. I'm sure (hope) you mods have a handle on them. I see idolyolyol (ah fuck its a mouthful) getting severely attacked for reasons other than his origional intent. A good intention to clean our (bikers) name up a bit for which he was prepared to put his money where his mouth was.. He clearly doesn't back down to his intimidators and isn't afraid of a scrap. Fair enough..! FYI I have met him and ridden with him and he is a top bloke who has a worldly wealth of motorcycling knowledge and skill that is worth listeneing to. We could all take some learn from this well spoken (in person) and intelligent individual. If ya wann crack funnies to prove your eloquent worth then there is a joke and humour forum provided.

SixPackBack
17th February 2007, 09:22
Ironically the perpetrators of degeneration in the 'honda riders thread" are likely to have much in common with each other in person, I have personally found myself meeting individuals after fighting bitterly on the net with them to instantly feeling comfortable in their presence.
What I am trying to say is the persona on the net is frequentley an alter ego to that in the real world. Nothing said on this forum should be taken to seriously, many in fact [as the stranger points out] enjoy these online punch ups.

Joni
17th February 2007, 10:10
Well to tell you the truth SPB, Im tired of the people who enjoy these "punch ups", they often landup doing it to Mods, who are here afterall to try and help keep KB a more or less decent place... for some reason everytime you moderate someone, they think its personal... Im growing tired of these self centred arseholes who think this site is just about them...

They forget a Moderators job is to keep the "peace" in some way or another... and are so far up their own arses they dont look in the mirror and realise why the Mods attention are on them.... because they may be having fun causing friction, but 99% of the other memsber are thinking WTF? as they break the site rules.... thats why they are being monitored... not because its personal...

Sorry guys, I have been a mod for years and years now.... I suppose one rant every few years :innocent:

Swoop
17th February 2007, 21:47
Well done Joni (and all the other mods who put in so much effort!).
Some threads, even well intentioned ones, just seem to draw out the weirdness in people.

Have a cold beer and put your feet up for a while.:apint:

The Stranger
22nd February 2007, 11:47
Ironically the perpetrators of degeneration in the 'honda riders thread" are likely to have much in common with each other in person, I have personally found myself meeting individuals after fighting bitterly on the net with them to instantly feeling comfortable in their presence.
What I am trying to say is the persona on the net is frequentley an alter ego to that in the real world. Nothing said on this forum should be taken to seriously, many in fact [as the stranger points out] enjoy these online punch ups.

When I first landed on KB I was amazed at this. How you can take someone out of context so easily on site, yet meet them and find out they are actually damn good people - take you for instance SPB - everyone thinks you are a c*&t, and I certainly wont say anything to change that.