PDA

View Full Version : Stickering the bike...

sedge
17th February 2007, 16:34
Put these on the TL today... gotta say I quite like it... You can't tell from the photos but it's carbon fibre looking stuff, goes with the fake Suzuki c/f plastered over the rest of the bike. Mmmm.

what do you think ?

Segde.

imdying
17th February 2007, 16:56
Suits the lines really well! You little artist you!

paturoa
17th February 2007, 20:42
first thought was Tiger

SpinFx
20th February 2007, 19:23
Good stuff those Carbon Fibre Sheets. I Use it heaps at work.........comes in sheets 630mm or 1260mm, any length 1 metre plus. I normally cover car bonnets with it. I can also computer cut decals with it. Just did my bike as I cant afford the real c/f parts yet. You could wrap a tank etc ??? depending on how complex the curves are. Did you know the carbon fibre vinyl also comes in different colours ( red, yellow, blue, charcoal, etc. If anyone wants some let me know......I'll sus out the price and details in the next day or so..........

sedge
20th February 2007, 20:36
My tip for vinyl would be to not do really pointy bits as these are going to lift up after a while. I'm going to round off the ends on mine.

I've kept the templates I made up so I can recut a set if I stuff these ones...

The cool thing about it is that with a hair dryer you can kinda heat shrink it round stuff and into corners like the indicator cutouts. I expect you could do mirror/indicator housings quite easily too.

Ah well, thought it might be a good idea to play with the stuff until I decide on a permanent scheme and get it painted or something.

Sedge.

Bangbug
26th February 2007, 10:33
Put these on the TL today... gotta say I quite like it... You can't tell from the photos but it's carbon fibre looking stuff, goes with the fake Suzuki c/f plastered over the rest of the bike. Mmmm.

what do you think ?

Segde.

Pretty cool, when I quadruple my business you can come and play stickers with me :)

98tls
26th February 2007, 14:21
Good stuff those Carbon Fibre Sheets. I Use it heaps at work.........comes in sheets 630mm or 1260mm, any length 1 metre plus. I normally cover car bonnets with it. I can also computer cut decals with it. Just did my bike as I cant afford the real c/f parts yet. You could wrap a tank etc ??? depending on how complex the curves are. Did you know the carbon fibre vinyl also comes in different colours ( red, yellow, blue, charcoal, etc. If anyone wants some let me know......I'll sus out the price and details in the next day or so.......... Ive got a carbon hugger on my TLS and dont really like the shape......hanging up in the shed theres a fibreglass hugger that i do like the shape of....would it be very hard to cover a hugger with this stuff........? Looks good sedge.

bert_is_evil
1st March 2007, 13:52
Just spotted your bike in Johnston st, looks hot! The pic's don't do it justice.

sedge
2nd March 2007, 21:27
You should be able to mould the stuff around a hugger easily enough... start from the convex side and use a hair dryer to shrink the stuff round the shape... It's pretty cheap to buy compared to a hugger.

Cheers to Bert_is

Any time Bangbung... I like stickers :)

Sedge.