PDA

View Full Version : "Do it yourself" custom guys in Auckland?

MeHigh
10th August 2004, 19:34
Any chopper or low rider maniancs in Auckland? I'm working on me bike and I was wondering if any "mad customiser" would like to drink a beer and chat abut...
Cheers

A Toad 2
10th August 2004, 21:44
thought i would bring to your attention a link by choppino two threads down from your own down the bottom of the page click on rolling chassis it will take you to a site in the us .some really nice wheels available tanks and things which could not be sourced easily in nz .didnt think prices were too steep either.you have got to learn airbrushing good luck with your project have you been watching american chopper on discovery 7.30 thurs theres some inspiration.

Holy Roller
10th August 2004, 23:15
here is great site you may like to visit
http://www.amenmotorcycles.com/
Cyclestyle used to make custom frames here in NZ but I see that they have closed down.

MeHigh
11th August 2004, 10:10
Thanks for the links guys. Still the Ebay is the cheepest way to by parts. I'm not having the money to buy a chassy, but I think that me frame (Sportster) is good enough: lowerd seat kit and Fat Bob tank mounting kit. Now I just need to buy a streatched tank and a big rear fender. Today I will send me frame....hgrrrrrr
My big problem is that I have a 16' front weel and the the speedo for Sportsters are on the 18' weel.... and a shity electronic speedo is 800$...hmmm

scumdog
17th August 2004, 19:47
Thanks for the links guys. Still the Ebay is the cheepest way to by parts. I'm not having the money to buy a chassy, but I think that me frame (Sportster) is good enough: lowerd seat kit and Fat Bob tank mounting kit. Now I just need to buy a streatched tank and a big rear fender. Today I will send me frame....hgrrrrrr
My big problem is that I have a 16' front weel and the the speedo for Sportsters are on the 18' weel.... and a shity electronic speedo is 800$...hmmm

Use one of those push-bike type speedos OR use the speedo from some older Jappa with a 16" wheel (to be anal 16' is 192"!!) OR just don't worry about it until you get tipped-up about it!! :ride:

MeHigh
20th August 2004, 10:26
Thanks Scumdog ...Push-bike speedo in me dash board? ...hhmmmmm

svs
20th August 2004, 12:12
just make sure a push-bike speedo goes up to a high enough speed. I've got one that goes up to 150mph after that I wouldn't really care anyway. Some only go up to 99

MeHigh
20th August 2004, 17:39
Sportster on 150 miles /hour? buahahhahah ... folling of harbour bridge...buahhahhha

scumdog
21st August 2004, 00:13
Sportster on 150 miles /hour? buahahhahah ... folling of harbour bridge...buahhahhha

Are you saying you have come across one that CAN'T do a 150mph?:eek:

MeHigh
25th August 2004, 09:04
150miles/hour= close to 280Km/hour...hmmmm... I can say that I never pictured a Sportster on that speed ...except, like I sad, free fowling of Horbour Bridge :doobey:
P.S. The 5 gal stratched tank for me baby is coming in 2 weeks with a complet 'Andrews gears' transmission :banana:
Cheers

Holy Roller
25th August 2004, 09:10

Isn't there a company in AK that rebuilds speedo cables they will match the required gearing to give the proper speed reading, I have seen their ads in the hot rod mags, worth enquireing if they can do the same for bikes.

MeHigh
26th August 2004, 00:31
Hmmmm..yap, is worth trying! Thanks Holy Roller!

muppitt
22nd September 2004, 19:44
Harleys all use 2-1 speedo drives. I changer my 19" front to a 16".I tested the speedo with one radar trailers you know tells you how fast your going and how big the fine would be.that was useing speedo drive from a 19"on a 16" wheel with after markit mini speedo.Try asking Doug at Number 1s

Mongoose
22nd September 2004, 22:02
Can a speedo not be recalibrated? Or is that too big a difference to change?

hondacmx450
17th October 2004, 21:33
hay guys can you help me im bulding a chopper and dont have a frame can you tell me of the place in auckland that make them if there is stil one there iv got the stuff to put on and in it but no frame yet can any one help please

Jackrat
19th October 2004, 19:45
hay guys can you help me im bulding a chopper and dont have a frame can you tell me of the place in auckland that make them if there is stil one there iv got the stuff to put on and in it but no frame yet can any one help please

Cheak this guy out.
His site is very new an only talks about his trike frames but he also does MC frames as well.
www.customsbydave.co.nz

guzzi_nz
5th January 2005, 22:51

Try a guzzi speedo off a 16 `` front wheel model :mobile: