PDA

View Full Version : How to mount a Givi windscreen on GN250?

Komuter
18th February 2007, 13:16
Any advice welcomed, the riding instructor recommended the top of the windscreen at eye height, but the helmet is wind wipped at anything above 60km.

At the moment its mounted from the top of the speedo, but should it be above the light, which seems to be a waste as it would all be deflected at the helmet directly?

Steam
18th February 2007, 15:27
but should it be above the light, which seems to be a waste as it would all be deflected at the helmet directly?
Yes, that's my experience. I rode a GN with the givi screen mounted just above the light and it does buffet your head annoyingly. I don't know what the solution is, maybe a massive screen that goes above your head?
It was so annoying I would take it off for longer rides.
Not my bike though, it's my brothers'.

sunhuntin
18th February 2007, 16:19
[/pisstake] dude...what do you need a screen for? gns are only good for about 80k, and thats it![pisstake] :dodge:

seriously...i wouldnt bother. when the wind gets strong, lean forwards into it...let it hold you up.
i used to have a gn [2 actually, and 86 and an 06] and went to paeroa on the 06 last year. never needed a screen.
admittedly, i did look into one [think theres a thread here somewhere?] but then figured the sidewinds would stuff the handling.
and if its going to buffet your head around, isnt that doing more harm than good?

MVnut
18th February 2007, 18:52
U tryin to slow it down or somethin???

Komuter
18th February 2007, 21:30
Yes tried slowing down, but hey I could do 20km hr in REVERSE and still get the same....I live in Lower Hutt and Commute to Wellington... :buggerd:

And yes, its rare that I want to go over 80km on the highway to Wgtn from Petone. 100km easy enough, but ur cheeks can only hold on tight for so long... :moon:

sunhuntin
19th February 2007, 09:21
LOL. good point. you say you live in wellywood, but your profiley thing says wangas? same as me! LOL. sold my gn after numerous problems and also after having to take about 10 mins to work out which was mine when someone parked a twin next to her. lol.