PDA

View Full Version : GSXR750 versus GSX1400

GSXRguy
18th February 2007, 14:52
OK so I have a GSXR750 and its great, I love it but I also love the GSX1400 and are tempeted to change. I miss the roar of the big engine and the tourqe of big cc's. I enjoy the ride of the 750, but not so keen on having to rev it hard out. I'd love to tknow your thoughts and also if anyone has a GSX1400 what do you think of it??

Cheers

beyond
18th February 2007, 15:06
Do a search under my name beyond posts by me and you will find all my write ups on the GSX1400.

I love it. Does everything well and is comfortable and goes when you want it to :)

GSXRguy
18th February 2007, 15:07
Sweet - thanks. I'll look now - not sure how to never really used this site till now.

xwhatsit
18th February 2007, 15:11
Sweet - thanks. I'll look now - not sure how to never really used this site till now.

The easiest way to do it, is just to click on his name in his post, then a little menu will pop up. Then click on `Find all posts by beyond', or whatever it's called.

beyond
18th February 2007, 15:12
Log in, go to the search function, go to advanced, enter beyond then find all threads started by beyond. If any probs let me know :)

GSXRguy
18th February 2007, 15:46
Got it - thanks - looks like agood review - haven't read it all.

After my test ride yesterday with the wife - who I have to admit was somewhat nicer on the GSX1400 than on the back of the GSXR750. As she has something real to hold on to on this bike I didn't recieve a single slap to the helmet for too much acceleration or cornering too low. Actually I accelerated harder and cornered deper, it just she wasn't sitting a whole floor above me so felt more comfortable.

I think I'll be to the bike shop this week to place my order for the 2007 blue / white bike. Summer fest is great, I also get a Yoshi, lower fairing and bikini fairing. Dont think much of the bikini (I'll leave that for the wife) but the lower fairing and the Yoshi are all good.

Beyond - I guess I'll have to get in touch about modifications and tips and tricks etc. I'm wondering how it will respond to a power commander and K&N to start with.

beyond
18th February 2007, 15:50
Yep, real good deal on right now. Kinda like that new twin headlight fairing though.

Heres another site for all the info you will need:
http://www.gsx1400.org/

Become a member and you will get access to the best suspension settings for this bike. Once setup there will be few who will catch you in the twisties if you are a quick rider :)