PDA

View Full Version : New bike shop in New Lynn

Pogo2
18th February 2007, 16:25
Just drove down Gt North Rd New Lynn and spotted a new motorcycle shop. Think its called Wild West Honda. Not too sure if is is open but there are new bikes in the window.

Mully
18th February 2007, 16:32
Sweet, we can never have too many bike shops out West

klingon
18th February 2007, 16:59
oooh I feel a ride in a westerly direction coming on :scooter: ... where (approx.) on Great North Road? I presume near the Whau River bridge end, where all the car yards are?

Motu
18th February 2007, 17:44
It's been there for more than a week,that's the old Repco building.

Pogo2
18th February 2007, 17:46
oooh I feel a ride in a westerly direction coming on :scooter: ... where (approx.) on Great North Road? I presume near the Whau River bridge end, where all the car yards are?

Good detective work there Ms Klingon. Between the Whau river bridge and the BP station on the left hand side heading towards Lynmall.

Bytor
19th February 2007, 11:51
What's happened to Henderson Motorcycles? Can't find anything on motorcycle trader!

crashe
19th February 2007, 11:54
What's happened to Henderson Motorcycles?

Henderson Motorcycle Ltd
6 View Road
Henderson
(09) 838 5899

is still going .....
Adam and Wendy were out at Paeroa yesterday watching the racing

-df-
19th February 2007, 12:13
What's happened to Henderson Motorcycles? Can't find anything on motorcycle trader!

Definatly still going, I just took my dirtbike into them on Sat.

paturoa
26th February 2007, 18:16
I had few minutes to waste on the way home this evening and I stopped in there for a chat. One of the owners was locking up and introduced himself, but I've forgotten his name already.

Anyway, peering thru the window, it is full of nice new Hondas (as you would expect from a new honda bike shop!), road, dirt, a scoot, a quad, and a bunch of accessories, helmits etc, along the side and back walls.

He talked about a full workshop, a mechanic ex-Red Barron, and someone else who was into dirt.

I asked him when the opening sale was. He made a joke about eveything already being half price, and then, said 17 Feb is the grand opening. He implied that there would be a sale then, but didn't directly say that.

Motu
26th February 2007, 20:09
I've marked 17 feb on my calendar - see you there!

crashe
26th February 2007, 20:17
said 17 Feb is the grand opening. He implied that there would be a sale then, but didn't directly say that.

I've marked 17 feb on my calendar - see you there!

What year thou is the grand opening....?

As today is the 26th Feb...

So have we all missed it...?

paturoa
26th February 2007, 20:20
What year thou is the grand opening....?

As today is the 26th Feb...

So have we all missed it...?

oops - 17 March

Either that or you should get one of Motu's calendars!

paturoa
7th March 2007, 17:09
Got my SV serviced there today - well just checked the valve clearances. He also did a comp test and it had 160 on both pots :yes:

Anyway, good communications, he talked to me before on what was going to happen, agreed to call me if finding anything else when he was in there, etc etc and he gave me a call this arvo when he'd finished. Price was very reasonable. Told me what he had done afterwards.

Overall rating, 9 out of 10 - clean, pleasant, professional (would have scored 10 if it was a zook shop - lol)

I would normaly take it to a zook workshop, but this was very convenient as it is on Gt Nth road and has bus stops right outside the front gate.

(NOTE - I have no association with these guys at all)

http://www.wildwesthonda.co.nz/

says grand opening 17 March and " ... giveaways and a CRF50F valued at $1800 up for grabs"

90s
16th June 2007, 23:04
Had my GSXf serviced last week. As above a 9/10. Don't do WOFs yet but will soon. Good communication from Sam, and as the only mechanic you know you're getting a good mechanic. Good prices too.
No issue of servicing a suzuki, and an older one.
Which is more than several bikes shops will, including colemans suzuki - thanks pals.
No problems. With 100,000km coming up all sweet. WWH has got a new customer here (now Haldane's has moved out).