PDA

View Full Version : Goblin World Famous at Paeroa.

Goblin
19th February 2007, 09:36
The plan was to stay upright, not finish last and have as much fun as possible. The plan worked!:yes:

I pitted with a great bunch of sidecar guys who looked after me and made me feel very welcome. My bike was pretty well sorted, thanks to sidecar bob, and only needed a couple of minor tweaks and adjustments to set up for the street circuit. I got out for the first timers sighting laps and got my head around the hack saw. Back in the pits we made some adjustments before the first practice session.
First practice I took it pretty easy and just got used to the track and the bike. Had a bit of a wobble on the main straight, just after the kink, so back to the pits for some more tweaking.
I was keen as to test it again in the second practice session but missed the call up :angry: as the PA system didn't quite reach us at the end of the pits. Deano and a few of the sidecar guys also missed out on that valuable track time.

I was on the 5th row but managed a ripper of a start and made up a few places. My bike felt very light in the steering which worried me, so I didn't want to push it too hard. I could hear bikes right behind me so was trying to hold them off but I wasn't gaining on the bikes ahead. On the second to last lap, on the main straight just after the kink, I got into a bit of a tankslapper and thought for a split second it was all over. Survival Reaction took over and I stupidly buttoned off which made it worse! I sat back and opened it up again and regained control. Went for the brakes but it took a few pumps and I nearly overshot the corner. I just looked where I wanted to be and chucked it around as the two Motards went up the inside. Lost my mojo after that and came about 17th(I think).

Back to the pits for more tweaking and race two was my favourite! Got a great start and went balls out.:headbang: The bike was handling heaps better and thought I was going really well until Frosty passed me. Deano was right in front of me and I could see he was having problems with his bike. I eventually got passed him and just enjoyed the rest of the race. I forgot to get result sheets :weird: so dont know where I placed or my times.

Thanks to every one of you who came and said hi. Too many of you to name but you guys and gals are my favourite people in the whole wide world! I love you long time!!!:love:

Special thanks to Steve and Jane...you made it possible for me live my dream of racing at Paeroa! And you're really cool people to hang out with. If all goes well I will be there next year!

Thanks also to SpankMe and all the mods for KiwiBiker as this site has opened up a whole new world to me and I'm lovin' every minute of it! :rockon:

Joni
19th February 2007, 09:41
Hehehe, love you long time too babe.... :D
Congrats and huge respect.
Wont be at Manfield this weekend... I hope you can make it up to Puke for a lookie.
:scooter:

boomer
19th February 2007, 10:00
AWESOME Kel... you were flying!!!!!

bling on its way!

Edbear
19th February 2007, 10:04
race two was my favourite! Got a great start and went balls out.:headbang:

:gob: I'm confused...:innocent:

kiwifruit
19th February 2007, 10:05
Way to go Kel! I was really impressed with your pace :rockon:

crashe
19th February 2007, 10:21
Hey you did blardy fantastic........ awesome to watch you hooning it around the track with the lads. Way to go girl......

Shame about that blardy video cam of DMTED's thou not working.
Would have been great to watch it all from your point of view.

Im sure that FROSTY will have the times, so contact him.

Crasherfromwayback
19th February 2007, 10:59
Top show Love!
Just wait till you get a bit further up the grid!!:Punk:

Shaun
19th February 2007, 10:59
Hi Kel, fantastic effort:yes: Bet you have a big smile on your dial

Goblin
19th February 2007, 11:38
... I hope you can make it up to Puke for a lookie.Cheers Jo. :D I hope so too.

I'm confused...No need to be....it's a term I use loosely.:innocent:

Way to go Kel! I was really impressed with your paceCheers Al! ;)

Hey you did blardy fantastic........ awesome to watch you hooning it around the track with the lads. Way to go girl......

Shame about that blardy video cam of DMTED's thou not working.
Would have been great to watch it all from your point of view...Thanks crashe. Maybe the curse of the bike-cam is true after all...:confused: Might have been a good thing we couldn't get it to work.

Top show Love!
Just wait till you get a bit further up the grid!!Yeah when I get further up I might even be able to see the flag drop!:shit:

Hi Kel, fantastic effort:yes: Bet you have a big smile on your dialCheers Shaun....:D You know it! This is great!

Crasherfromwayback
19th February 2007, 11:43
Yeah when I get further up I might even be able to see the flag drop!:shit:

Nah....just start going, everyone else will start going, and the person with the flag will panic and just drop the flag! Then you're off to a flyer!:scooter:

Blondini
19th February 2007, 11:53
Well done girl.It must be a thrill racing with the lads...good on ya and if I had knowen I was looking for a bike 255 and not a side car I would have found you and sidecar bob:slap: Maybe it was the champagne breakfast that made me lose my bearings:shutup: :drinknsin :spudwave:

GSVR
19th February 2007, 11:54
Great effort. You've really come a long way in such a short time with that bike. That first time you had it at the track with the missfire and missing fairing doesn't seem that long ago.

FROSTY
19th February 2007, 12:02
hey goblin--I shouted it out to ya--bloody top effort -I was impressed by your riding for a first timer out there.
The move you tried to pull on me up the outside of the "hill"
Bloddy ballsy move girl.:Punk:

Cleve
19th February 2007, 14:16
Good for you Kel. You were going well. Time to step up to F2.
I know a fella selling a REAL SWEET R6...:innocent:

DingDong
19th February 2007, 14:25
Photos:yes:

Respect Gob...

??? where my photos gone??? I'll try again

DingDong
19th February 2007, 14:31
second try... I see Im not allowed to post the same thing twice so heres a link to where I posted other pics

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=24981&page=171

posts 2555 and 2556

LilSel
19th February 2007, 15:06
Good Stuff Kel!!!! :D... :rockon:

Maha
19th February 2007, 16:34
On the second to last lap, on the main straight just after the kink, I got into a bit of a tankslapper and thought for a split second it was all over. Survival Reaction took over and I stupidly buttoned off which made it worse! I sat back and opened it up again and regained control. Went for the brakes but it took a few pumps and I nearly overshot the corner.

Yea saw all that Kelly, you were shaking your head just after the 100m mark down by Fathers and i said to Anne '' something aint right'', now i know. We did try to find you in the pits, walked up and down twice but couldnt see ya, someone did say you were the sidecars but that was way later, our gear was was in FROSTY'S van so we spent a bit of time in the pits. Good onya for getting out there and doing.....Next year....:yes:

Deano
19th February 2007, 16:46
The move you tried to pull on me up the outside of the "hill"
Bloddy ballsy move girl.:Punk:

What else is she to do when you're holding her up through the corners ? :Pokey: :innocent:

Top effort Kelly. Bugger about missing the second practice session. The more track knowledge the better eh.

saul
19th February 2007, 17:28
Yep lots of yelling and clapping from me :rockon: That little beast was humming, well done. I was totally impressed:yes:

Matt Bleck
19th February 2007, 18:19
Awesome as always Kel.

I walked up and down the pits about three times and couldn't find ya either... :doobey:

crashe
19th February 2007, 18:31
Awesome as always Kel.

I walked up and down the pits about three times and couldn't find ya either... :doobey:

She was hiding in that big yellow tent thingee..... on the grass area... near the tracks.... with two sidecars in the tent with her.

chanceyy
19th February 2007, 18:54
congrats Kels .. awesome effort .. them boys have to make way for the flying goblin ;)

FROSTY
19th February 2007, 18:54
Folks lets just put this in prospective.
This lil lady was the ONLY lady racer i saw all day.
On her first visit to "the hacksaw" she managed a best lap time only 6 seconds a lap slower than the FASTEST rider in F3
Thats a pretty darn impressive stuff .
FULL RESPECT

GIXser
19th February 2007, 19:11
Kel, ya dont know me, but i have heard (from keystone)and now n seen ya race,and i take my hat off to ya, ya got balls..!!!
well done

svs
19th February 2007, 19:23
goblin on the dummy grid. top effort kelly.

TonyB
19th February 2007, 19:37
Folks lets just put this in prospective.
This lil lady was the ONLY lady racer i saw all day.
On her first visit to "the hacksaw" she managed a best lap time only 6 seconds a lap slower than the FASTEST rider in F3
Thats a pretty darn impressive stuff .
FULL RESPECT
Ditto that. That would have to be an awesome effort for any rider, no matter what genitalia they are equipped with. Hey Dangerous, you still gonna call her 'green'?:innocent:

Goblin
19th February 2007, 20:20
Top effort Kelly. Bugger about missing the second practice session. The more track knowledge the better eh.Cheers Deano, yeah I was a bit pissed about missing the session....I needed the time out there. I was gutted for you when you slowed but pleased at the same time.:shutup: Was cool racing with you.

Good for you Kel. You were going well. Time to step up to F2.Thanks Cleve. I want to see how far I can push this lil old 4hundy. Will do a couple of seasons on it then think about up grading.

Awesome as always Kel.

I walked up and down the pits about three times and couldn't find ya either...

She was hiding in that big yellow tent thingee..... on the grass area... near the tracks.... with two sidecars in the tent with her.Honest...I wasn't trying to hide. It was a cool place to pit, apart from the lack of PA speakers...and running the gauntlet of dopey spectators down the pit lane.:shit:

Thank you all for all the positive feedback here.:innocent: It's really cool to see I have made a few people proud.

My fastest lap was my very last lap. 55.841 and I came 19th out of 26 in both races. :D It really is a shitload of fun so anyone who has ever wanted to do it should!

Mom
19th February 2007, 20:25
Hi Goblin

Watched you give it all yesterday and you were so cool......Maha man has some videos of you at the top of the front straight, wished we could have found your pit, we looked and asked and well never got there really......well done girl!!! I can but imagine the grin on your face, cos I am still smiling here.....:yes:

vagrant
19th February 2007, 22:43
Just been trawling thru all my shots matching numbers to names and found this one of Goblin chasing Deano.
There are another couple that have Frosty in them as well, but I have already posted them in the Paroa photos thread.
Its been edited for size, but if you want the biggy (3 megs worth) I can email it you. It will blow up to A3 poster size quit nicely.

T.W.R
19th February 2007, 22:50
Awesome effort Kel :rockon: :Punk:

kickingzebra
22nd February 2007, 10:59
well done that women!!! keep frightening them kel!!!

V4ME
23rd February 2007, 16:54
I was there watchin you and extremely impressed - Well done Kel - I did also try to find you - but will try harder next time.
Go well and keep going.

:yes:

ajturbo
23rd February 2007, 21:08
goblin on the dummy grid. top effort kelly.

where's ya brolly stud?

Goblin
23rd February 2007, 21:21
where's ya brolly stud?
I had TWO, the two spunkiest brolly studs of the whole meeting! :sunny: Gav and Steve both had turns at shading me so I didn't overheat on the dummy grid.:sweatdrop

_Gina_
23rd February 2007, 22:13
Hey babe :)

Was sooooo cool to watch you out there !!

You rocked.

I kept saying to anyone who would listen.....

"That is so cool, I am so gonna be out there with Kel next year!, even if I suck at it, I am gonna be out there"

xx

MyGSXF
23rd February 2007, 22:29
Way ta go Goblin..!! :Punk: That's awesome chickie!!!!!!!!!!! :2thumbsup :wari: you show da boys what we girlies are REALLY made of!!! :devil2:

Goblin
24th February 2007, 09:06
Cheers G and MyGSXF, thanks for all the positive comments here.

It's been a whole week and I should have done this in my orininal post, I have to say a HUGE thanks to the organisers, marshalls and the hundreds of volunteers who gave up their time to make this happen! The good people of Paeroa put in an enormous effort and I am truely greatful.:yes:

It was kinda weird...I was more nervous about the whole rigmarole of getting there, setting up and scrutineering than the actual racing. Now I know the proccess, next time the nerves will be replaced with pure excitement!:headbang:

Maha
24th February 2007, 09:28
Way ta go Goblin..!! :Punk: That's awesome chickie!!!!!!!!!!! :2thumbsup :wari: you show da boys what we girlies are REALLY made of!!! :devil2:

You mean sugar and spice and all things nice?......:shutup:

MyGSXF
24th February 2007, 09:53
You mean sugar and spice and all things nice?......:shutup:

YEP!!!!! :innocent:

emaN
24th February 2007, 14:10
I had TWO, the two spunkiest brolly studs of the whole meeting! :sunny: Gav and Steve both had turns at shading me so I didn't overheat on the dummy grid.:sweatdrop
DON'T TELL HIM HE'S SPUNKY!!!!! "Planet Tboy" don't need more encouragement!!!

Come over sometime to check out the vid footage i got, Gob... What you up to tonight? (only got 15mins of footage all up, so wouldn't take long)

Cheshire Cat
8th May 2009, 19:21
Woot! Hopefully again next year!:hug::2thumbsup