PDA

View Full Version : Taranaki: Coastal riders' bike drags

Sensei
19th February 2007, 17:58
Well this Saturday the 24th there is the annual Drag Racing day down here at Opunake . Sorry only Non Japanese bike are able to run in this event but plenty of watching space & parks for your bikes if unable to race . So if ya think you would like to try your V-Twin ,Single ,Twin or Multi , British / Euro/ Harley / etc then this is the chance to try it out . Mate on his first time out on his Aprilia did a 11.2 standing 1/4 , so I hope that having the same bike this year I will get into the high 10's , Still have some launching trouble with the practice starts over the last few days but have nearly dialled the bike in & by Saturday things should be getting close to a top time :yes: Large group of us are riding down so if you would like to join us then drop me a PM & will hook up the leave point & time .

Sensei
25th February 2007, 09:40
Well what aday hot as shit all got a good burning from the sun even with hats on . Racing was excellent about 35 bikes run 5 lots of 1/4 miles with Matthew Meads doing the time gear as always . First run for me was abit of a try out as to the roads grip but nothing to worry about plenty of grip what with how Aprilias hook up . did a 11.30 flat which wasn't to far of mates time from last year . All the guys on their Naked bikes had good times as well ranging from 11.6 to 11.4s . Soften the back end to get abit more squat on launch which seen a 11.27 so know I was good in the right direction from dragging days & the guys cut more time off theirs as well . 3rd run thought I'd try short shifting the first 3 gears at 8000rpm but resulted in a 11.50 Next run did another 11.27 but got my boot hook up on the rearsets coming off the line & misssed the shift light & hooked rev-limiter which is good for loosing a couple of tenths but still keeped things consistent with the time , so reset my shift light to 10,000rpm 500rpm more than the other launches . This netted me a 11.24 for that run with one run to go so gave it my all & run another 11.24 didn't quite get to mates 11.2 4 tenth off but still very happy as was the first time out dragging the RSVR & been near 30kgs heavyer than him so maybe by next year my weight will be down 15 kgs & may get there . Was the fastest times for the first 2 run till a little Bugger turned up on a 999s Ducati & ripped off a 11.08 first run followed by a MV1000R which the dude was still running in but still did a 11.13 which should have been mid 10s if he was riding it well , offered to launch it for him but new bike thing took over & said maybe next time LOL . Have hopefuly got a ride on a TRI colour 1098 when Matthew Meads the timing guy gets his soon so will keep ya posted on that . The only thing wrong with the day was the bike just lacked HP so will be looking at doing some more Mods to the RSVR over the next 12 months & see how we go ! Went round to mates for a BBQ after drags then watched Max Biaggi win his very first SBK race . Good on him maybe this is where he may find his form again from the 250cc days as he hasn't had much in the GPs lets hope he keeps up the pace . Just as I was to leave mates been pissed up told me to do a burn out on his RSVR so hey whats a guy to do ?? Pulled the Aprilia into the Shyline garage & was asked shouldn't you turn it round LOL I said it will be once I pull off one of my Old School 360 burn outs & let RIP Fuck the Shyline was so full of smoke by the time I had gone round 360deg you couldn't even see the shed from the out side !! Singed my name on my Master piece gave the keys back to my mate . They thought I was just going to do a stationary burn out so the 360 was way KOOL for them I believe there are some Pics so will try to post up when everone sobers up .

Waylander
25th February 2007, 10:56
Well this Saturday the 24th there is the annual Drag Racing day down here at Opunake . Sorry only Non Japanese bike are able to run in this event ....

Is that a bit like jap cages being banned from Bathhurst?

Sensei
25th February 2007, 15:59
The Costal Riders only do non Jap stuff so hence the rule . Are trying to put togther a all in Drag day so everything can do their stuff as there is some mighty Japnese bike on offer now adays which can do some excellent times over a 1/4 so will keep all posted when & if it happens .

Waylander
25th February 2007, 16:39
The Costal Riders only do non Jap stuff so hence the rule . Are trying to put togther a all in Drag day so everything can do their stuff as there is some mighty Japnese bike on offer now adays which can do some excellent times over a 1/4 so will keep all posted when & if it happens .
Mate Jap bikes have been able to do wicked 1/4 times for a while now. Might be the otherway around, they are opening it up to Japs cause now BEARS has some bikes that might actually be able to compete.

onearmedbandit
25th February 2007, 16:44
Yeah Sensei, don't you know anything?? Sheeeesh, effing newbies.

Sensei
25th February 2007, 17:28
Guys ran 10.2 flat & 174MPH flying on my GSXR1100R back in the Mid 90's my point is the bike are even more Sicker now as from owning a GSXR1000 K3 ! We are trying to get the Guys / Girls with them to get out there & have a GO as no one else here is doing anything about running an open Event .

Dazza
26th February 2007, 08:06
Yes it was an awesome day had by all,even us drag virgins couldn't get enough of it, once I've lost 20kg's by next year (no it's not a tui add),we'll be kicking your butt (now that might be a tui add,maybe not). Be good if we can get the open drags sorted out, definately something we need for Taranaki. Was an awesome site with the 3 apes (bugger Brian leaving earlier) 2 955's, Raptor,Moto Morini & the Super Duke thundering along around the coast.
Excellent burnout too, I think Brian will be talking about it for years to come !:yes:

BrianNZ
26th February 2007, 15:19
Just as I was to leave mates been pissed up told me to do a burn out on his RSVR so hey whats a guy to do ?? Pulled the Aprilia into the Shyline garage & was asked shouldn't you turn it round LOL I said it will be once I pull off one of my Old School 360 burn outs & let RIP Fuck the Shyline was so full of smoke by the time I had gone round 360deg you couldn't even see the shed from the out side !! Singed my name on my Master piece gave the keys back to my mate . They thought I was just going to do a stationary burn out so the 360 was way KOOL for them I believe there are some Pics so will try to post up when everone sobers up .[/QUOTE]

Hey now, I let people do burnouts when I'm sober as well! And I can't have been pissed 'cos I rode home (after a small burnout). I think there's just enough meat left for one more.....during Wednesday night drinkies maybe?

And yes, there is video evidence but it's too big for me to e-mail to you. Iv'e also got 160 pics to put somewhere for viewing.....anyone?

I had a great day in the sun watching my bike being ridden by a good mate from around the coast. Now the reg & wof are out, it's staying in the shed until I can afford new tyres (tui add?) and the KTM LC4 will be #1 bike for a while.

The Ara Toa guys were running a cool naked Triumph with no exhaust. I don't know what times they were doing, but it sounded awesome. I was trying to kick dust in Sensei's direction at the start line to slow him down and give dazza a break, but he's a tricky devil.

The parking lot had some interesting bikes ranging from a brand new KTM SuperMotard to a Norton with a Vincent motor in the frame. Even the Harleys looked good!

A guy on an old school Triuph with apehangers was getting the front in the air with each launch, but the funniest was the Norton being flipped on the start line....he ripped a muffler off and smashed the brake lever.....but that didn't stop him doing his 1/4 mile. Oh yeah, it was a borrowed bike!

The fastest harley had GSXR front end and modifies swingarm with twin piggyback Ohlins shocks.....nice......

The clubrooms were friendly with overnight bike storage, a crash room upstairs and free brreakfast if you stayed. Well done Coastal Riders, I'll be back next year with my arse in the seat.........(after I lose 40kg?, eh, dazza......bwaaahahahaa)

Waylander
26th February 2007, 16:37
Guys ran 10.2 flat & 174MPH flying on my GSXR1100R back in the Mid 90's my point is the bike are even more Sicker now as from owning a GSXR1000 K3 ! We are trying to get the Guys / Girls with them to get out there & have a GO as no one else here is doing anything about running an open Event .

I'm just giving you shit mate. I've been meaning to bug White trash more often to set up another drag/stunt wars at Meremere now that I've got a bike that will be worth getting onto the track with.

Hopefully I wont crash on the way there again.....