PDA

View Full Version : Draggin jeans??

Midge
19th February 2007, 19:31
At the moment i am cruzing around in dragon jeans and leather jacket are the jeans any good i see some good pic of nasty crashes will my jeans be enuf?

Steam
19th February 2007, 19:43
Someone experienced on KB said Draggins are better than Cordura / Textile pants, but worse than Leather. Kevlar is incredible stuff. Have you got the armour inserts in them to protect your knees etc from impact?

Nah mate, if you crash in draggins you'll probably die. If you crash in single stiched leather you'll probably die, if you crash wearing cordura instead of leather you'll definitely die.

If you don't crash, you'll be sweet :D

Hitcher
19th February 2007, 20:10
For slides and scuffs, Draggins are OK. I have road-tested them twice with little ill effect on the Draggins. Just note that they don't have standard armour and that the ground is incredibly hard and unyielding.

That said, I wear mine all the time in summer. Delightfully more pleasant than oozing bodily fluids into hot and clammy Cordura.

And I don't buy the leather versus Cordura thing either. The object of the exercise with motorcycle clothing is to keep your skin on your carcass. Broken bones can be set. Abraded skin requires grafting to replace and exposes your body to risks of secondary infection. Well fitted Draggins (or similar kevlar-lined jeans), Cordura or leather all do this job well. While leather has good scuff and tear resistence, its neither waterproof nor warm. I only wear leather "between seasons" and then put wets over the top when necessary. Cordura and its various linings (like GoreTex) offer vastly superior weather protection and cool climate comfort to leather.

In the end it's all a matter of personal choice. Just like the decision to ride wearing only singlet, shorts and chandels.

Madness
19th February 2007, 20:21
In the end it's all a matter of personal choice. Just like the decision to ride wearing only singlet, shorts and chandels.

Please enlighten us... WTF?

Hitcher
19th February 2007, 20:22
South Auckland thongs.

Toaster
19th February 2007, 20:22
Nah mate, if you crash in draggins you'll probably die. If you crash in single stiched leather you'll probably die, if you crash wearing cordura instead of leather you'll definitely die.

If you don't crash, you'll be sweet :D

Weasel hath spoken... amen.

James Deuce
19th February 2007, 20:27
Minor off wearing Draggins and not mark on me. Impact hurt like hell though, but like Hitcher I wear them in Summer in preference to Leather, but to be honest if I really must crash then Leather is what I'd rather be wearing.

elle-f
19th February 2007, 20:34
South Auckland thongs.

I will fasi you wif my chandal!

beyond
19th February 2007, 20:47
The ground is incredibly hard and much more so at any speed. If you are sliding any distance, you want to have leather. If you are hitting the ground, no matter what you are wearing, you need to have armour or your bones will get a good crunching.

I've been down the road hard at 100kmh or so and it hurt like hell but never got skinned or grazed anywhere in my two peice zip together leathers. Broke my ankle and strained the tendons in my left wrist but man it would have been bad in anything else. The leather suit is still ok to ride in and if it's cold or wet, you just thow a set of waterproofs over the top.

Just remember that anything is better than just jeans etc. You lose 5mm of skin and muscle for every second you slide unprotected. Some parts of the bod don't have 5mm of skin and muscle so you end up filing bone. Get the best you can afford.

GIXser
19th February 2007, 21:02
i have condura and leather , but wear my leathers 99 % , as what beyond said, leather is by far the strongest, condura is like wet paper compared to leather

sels1
19th February 2007, 21:13
What Hitcher said.
I wear mine all summer.

Quartermile
20th February 2007, 20:31
Oh and you look waaay better in racing leathers :clap: and almost as good in draggins but you just look plain stupid in textiles like me with a leather jacket.:D

Ralph
20th February 2007, 20:42
I prefer wearing leathers but on those days that are just too bloody hot or a short ride I'll jump into the draggins.
I understand they're better the than normal jeans cause I know they are farken usless :doh:
When I picked the draggins up the guy warned me that they're not as good as leathers but they're likely to keep the skin on but watch out for burns if you come off.

nigelp
20th February 2007, 21:12
I also have some Technic kevlar jeans which I believe are a good alternative to Draggins. They only cost $140 and are kevlar lined on the knees and butt

Chrislost
20th February 2007, 21:27
draggons are the shit!
i lowsided at 120 and it didnt even tear them up, i had a small (old 50c coin worth) graze on the outside of my knee and a massive bruise on my thigh.
my gloves and codura jacket were munted! holes in the arms and front of the jacket and all the armour bits in the gloves ripped off.
helmit hadnt a scratch on it:angry:

Freakshow
21st February 2007, 07:59
I only have the one question about them and that is how is the fit??
I tryied some on and the cut was shocking! Are there any alternatives that might fit better??

Bloody Mad Woman (BMW)
21st February 2007, 08:24
Leathers for me, - I slid down the road at a fast rate of knots and was wearing padded leathers and a spidi armoured jacket, with a leather jacket underneath. My trou weren't damaged at all, my jacket had a few holes, my elbow was burnt "thru all the thicknesses" I was very lucky.
When it rains - I have a full rainproof overall.

I am pillioning a friend on Saturday, lucky for him one set of my leathers fit him round the waist - the legs are too long for him - but I said I would not pillion him unless he wore leather (he's not a rider himself so has no gear). No proper gear - no get on my bike!

Lissa
21st February 2007, 08:48
I have Draggin Jeans.... feel really comfortable, but I also have condura pants which are armoured, but I tend to sweat alot in them on a hot day, and they feel really uncomfortable.

I have been told that condura is alot better than Draggin Jeans, if you have an accident (because of the armour) but thats not right? Might have to invest in some leather at some stage.

Patrick
21st February 2007, 10:09
Just as a cheaper option than paying the big $$$ for the draggin jeans label... friends bought some kevlar and stitched it into a pair of jeans in all the right places... you would never know, looks like a pair of jeans, comfortable as...

placidfemme
21st February 2007, 10:15
I've got two piece leathers, cordura jacket and pants as well as draggin jeans.

I wrote my bike off in 2005 and was wearing my leathers at the time. Since then I have never worn my cordura gear again. I simply don't feel safe in them.

I wear my draggin jeans and leather jacket for commuting to/from work and my leathers on actual joy rides.

I've binned once with my draggin jeans on. And they did thier job very well, nothing but a small scuff on the hip (which you wouldn't even notice unless I pointed it out to you). So yeah they are great. Another thing I love about them is that they are warm when the sun goes down, much warmer than normal jeans. My Draggins are a bit too big on me, but otherwise still great :)

Dooly
21st February 2007, 10:23
I ordered some draggins, they finally arrived.
Bastard when you dont fit the standard size.
Ordered 34s with 30 leg, got sent 36s with about 34 leg, so the missus was out with the sewing machine.
Feels baggy in the leg, but definately feel heavier and warmer than Levis.
Will find out tonight if they are warmer as last week my legs froze in Levis on the nightly ride.

CM2005
21st February 2007, 10:38
You lose 5mm of skin and muscle for every second you slide unprotected. Some parts of the bod don't have 5mm of skin and muscle so you end up filing bone. Get the best you can afford.

YES!! my mate came off the back of my "gravity powered" go kart @ about 15-20km/h, and i had to bandage his kneecap back in before the ambo's turned up... its still healing and that was this time last year. He was lucky to escape without grafts. standard jeans are completely useless. leather, with padding is the answer. I've never tested Draggins.

mstriumph
21st February 2007, 12:12
flippant answer

have draggins - my bum doesn't look big in them

...... and they are black so they are sooooooooooooooo slimming anyway

leave a bit of a curious imprint accross yer rear-end after a long ride 'though :dodge:

--------------
serious answer

haven't tested them under crash conditions, thank goodness, but it'd be way too hot out here in WA to wear leather in summer methinks and you gotta do something to save your skin

- like Hitcher, i reckon bones knit but extensive skin-grafts have GOTTA be the pits!

Hitcher
21st February 2007, 12:38
leave a bit of a curious imprint accross yer rear-end after a long ride 'though

How on earth did you notice that?

James Deuce
21st February 2007, 12:40
SP many evil comments, so little time....

bert_is_evil
21st February 2007, 13:08
Anyone know a store in Wellington that stocks the combat style?

Lissa
21st February 2007, 13:10
have draggins - my bum doesn't look big in them
Seriously.... thats why I like them, and condura seems to make me look like I have friggin huge hips.. which I prob do anyway. :yes:

but of course... 1st priority is safety

Lissa
21st February 2007, 13:11
Hmm I'm not sure... but the shop in Masterton didnt, but they ordered mine in... took about 3 days I think.

Guitana
21st February 2007, 13:11

I've seen them at Motomart and also at Motorad.

Motorad has hot chicks working in the sales dept so I would shop there first!!!

Fishy
21st February 2007, 13:16
Kevlar jeans are ok for slow commuting, around town sort of riding but no good if you are out on the open road on a fast paced ride.

I came off at xxxkm/hr wearing kevlar jeans once and they wore right through and ended up with a nice graze up my leg. A few people here on KB will remember the incident.

I did purchase another pair but only ever wore them on slow around town sort of riding.

I bought a 2pc leather suit for the quicker stuff, much more protection and abrasion resistance.

Lissa
21st February 2007, 13:26
Kevlar jeans are ok for slow commuting, around town sort of riding but no good if you are out on the open road on a fast paced ride.

I came off at xxxkm/hr wearing kevlar jeans once and they wore right through and ended up with a nice graze up my leg. A few people here on KB will remember the incident.

I did purchase another pair but only ever wore them on slow around town sort of riding.

I bought a 2pc leather suit for the quicker stuff, much more protection and abrasion resistance.
How fast were you going? What about at 100kph on the open road.

mstriumph
21st February 2007, 13:26
How on earth did you notice that?

i am a Mother
Mothers have eyes in the back of their heads [it's a 'rule']
.... ergo sum ........................ :msn-wink:

beyond
21st February 2007, 15:13

I was with Fishy who was very lucky things weren't worse than they were. He wrote his bike off and of course xxx/kmh means the insurance company knows the true figure.

100kmh? I wouldn't want to be in Kevlar Jeans. :(
Slidings not so bad as they are designed to stand up to that but when you go down, you normally hit the ground pretty hard and if there's no armour, things can get nasty. A lowside can result on the bike dropping on you and you sliding under it as in my case) a highside where you get tossed off the top (as in Fishy's case) you come down from a reasonable height and the road doesn';t seem to give much for some reason :(

Everyone that I have spoken to, who has had a bad off at speed, will vouch for leather over most other materials. Though even leather will be no good if your off results in hitting something solid causing a sudden cessation in speed.
Tree's, fences, cars etc are best to be avoided as are Pheasants, Pukekos, Hawks, goats and low flying seagulls. :(

Lissa
21st February 2007, 15:27
I was with Fishy who was very lucky things weren't worse than they were. He wrote his bike off and of course xxx/kmh means the insurance company knows the true figure.

100kmh? I wouldn't want to be in Kevlar Jeans. :(
Slidings not so bad as they are designed to stand up to that but when you go down, you normally hit the ground pretty hard and if there's no armour, things can get nasty. A lowside can result on the bike dropping on you and you sliding under it as in my case) a highside where you get tossed off the top (as in Fishy's case) you come down from a reasonable height and the road doesn';t seem to give much for some reason :(

Everyone that I have spoken to, who has had a bad off at speed, will vouch for leather over most other materials. Though even leather will be no good if your off results in hitting something solid causing a sudden cessation in speed.
Tree's, fences, cars etc are best to be avoided as are Pheasants, Pukekos, Hawks, goats and low flying seagulls. :(Ahh ok.. thanks... got a pm from fishy too :)

What I really wanted to know, which one was the safest or gave the better protection, Condura or Draggins? But I guess the answer is Leather?

Will have to invest in some soon I guess.

James Deuce
21st February 2007, 15:36
You can't plan for everything and you will meet people who have worn a Swandri, yellow PVC pants over worsted trousers, and workboots, for the last 30 years and haven't been injured by anything that their partner hasn't thrown at them.

Risk management is the key. Your level of acceptable risk will be different to someone else's.

NordieBoy
21st February 2007, 16:19
Draggins can also take armour in the knees.

Love my Draggins.

(P)
21st February 2007, 16:59
You can also get hip armour as well as knee you just have to have pockets put in from Draggin Factory they can be custom made but gets exspensive. You can also get Bra and Nickers in camo.(coming soon)
Thunderbike in Nelson have Draggin Jeans/cargos as well

beyond
21st February 2007, 17:35
You can't plan for everything and you will meet people who have worn a Swandri, yellow PVC pants over worsted trousers, and workboots, for the last 30 years and haven't been injured by anything that their partner hasn't thrown at them.

Risk management is the key. Your level of acceptable risk will be different to someone else's.

Quite right Jim2.
Anyone reading my earlier stories of the accidents I had when a teenager will see that all we had back then were jeans and swandris or in my case, jeans and a plastic line 7 jacket and I'm still here after some horrific offs.

But, these days I'm a little older, hopefully a little wiser :) been down again recently and I won't even ride to the corner dairy without my leathers.

vagrant
21st February 2007, 20:45
I have had my leathers for 17 old years now, cheapy made in pakistan jobs, no flash seams or kevlar in them, but hard plastic and foam armour. I have had two significant offs in them, but only needed to get the shoulder repaired for the second crash. (the damage to the knee was caused by forgeting I did not have sliders on)
I bought a set of corduras a couple of years back, suffered a lowside on some gravel and tore significant holes in the knee and elbow. I was lucky I choose a suit with hard armour. The suit was effectively destroyed.
I guess thats my point, Corduras might be cheaper than leathers, but your leathers will last a lot longer, even allowing for the odd crash.

Hitcher
21st February 2007, 21:15
You can also get Bra and Nickers in camo.(coming soon)

Hang on a second, how can that be? What about Commandos?

Naki
22nd February 2007, 09:15
What about the other makes of Kevlar jeans.

I have looked at Tecknic and Shift. Tecknic don't have the same amount of kevlar in them (none in the thigh), while Shift have a similar amount to Draggins. Both makes are cheaper than Draggins.

Any thoughts.

Babelfish
22nd February 2007, 09:44
Havent binned in my draggins, only in jeans and fortunately I didnt slide for long that day since the car the u-turned in front of me kindly stopped me pretty quickly. From what I've heard and read they do a good job. If I'm heading out of town I usually stick the knee protectors in.

Check out the product testing section of their site:

http://www.dragginjeans.com.au/productTesting/index.htm

S&S
22nd February 2007, 09:49

I have looked at Tecknic and Shift. Tecknic don't have the same amount of kevlar in them (none in the thigh), while Shift have a similar amount to Draggins. Both makes are cheaper than Draggins.

Any thoughts.

I wear Shift Kevlar jeans, they are a very good cut & fit. Also have plenty of room under the jeans for leg Armour on the quicker paced rides. Dynamytus50 has come off his bike around 100kph in his Kevlar jeans with no tears or holes.

I give them a big :niceone:

Fishy
22nd February 2007, 09:54

Any thoughts.

As far as I am aware the Shift ones (which I have crashed in) only a small percentage of the thread count is kevlar whereas with draggins, they have a kevlar lining inside them which would offer a lot more protection from abrasions. My shift ones wore right through pretty easily but it would have been a lot worse if I had been wearing standard denim jeans.

I haven't had a lgood look at the Tecknic ones but I think they are similar to the Shift ones.

In my opinion when it comes to outright abrasion resistance, draggins would have to be the best kevlar jeans on the market. That said though, they are no substitute for animal hide.

Squeak the Rat
22nd February 2007, 10:13
I'm getting me a pair of draggins for around town use, ie going to the boozer, racing to the cafe or pootling down to the dairy :scooter: pootle pootle pootle

Won't be used on the open road.....

more_fasterer
22nd February 2007, 15:18
Ditto, perfect for commuting to work (in 50k zones) cos then I can wear them all day

Smorg
22nd February 2007, 19:11
Draggins can also take armour in the knees.

Love my Draggins.

how the hell do you get it in the knees? My came with some but theres no slot or anything to slide them into.......do you have to unstitch them?

NordieBoy
22nd February 2007, 19:31
They come with rough velcro on the outside that sticks to the knee kevlar.

Quartermile
22nd February 2007, 21:38
Yea I have textile as thats all I can afford,

I could save to get full leather as my jacket is wayyy too big looking silly as well as apparently not offering as good protection if it is way too big.

But my problem is i'm afraid i'll grow and it will all be a waste like i'm still nervous about the 315 dollars worth of boots I bought a couple of days ago

bert_is_evil
23rd February 2007, 07:55
I went to TSS last night to try some of the combat pants style ones, well I tried to go to TSS - rode up and down the street I though it was on but couldn't find it! I've been there before, what is wrong with me? has it moved premises? has my brain moved premises?

idleidolidyll
23rd February 2007, 08:00
I sometimes ride with a draggin jeans and draggin jacket but i know they're not really gonna save me much if at all.

at best i'd expect them to reduce a little gravel rash.

obviously they're gonna do nothing at all re saving bones from snapping and that's why i wear a full MX body suit underneath (with built in back protector) as well as extra armour under the baggy camoflage trousers (knee and hip).

even with the armour on, it's way cooler than riding with leathers or cordura and has the advantage of looking like ordinary clothing so ya don't feel out of place in the cafes

mazz1972
23rd February 2007, 09:08
I went to TSS last night to try some of the combat pants style ones, well I tried to go to TSS - rode up and down the street I though it was on but couldn't find it! I've been there before, what is wrong with me? has it moved premises? has my brain moved premises?

They were still at 421 Cuba Street, Alicetown, LH, last time I went by

idleidolidyll
23rd February 2007, 09:31

go online or call motomail (auckland); i know they had a whole lot of draggin jeans etc at their discount/seconds shop in Kinsland.

i'm sure they'd be happy to post em to ya

Roj
23rd February 2007, 09:57
Yea I have textile as thats all I can afford,

I could save to get full leather as my jacket is wayyy too big looking silly as well as apparently not offering as good protection if it is way too big.

But my problem is i'm afraid i'll grow and it will all be a waste like i'm still nervous about the 315 dollars worth of boots I bought a couple of days ago

You didn't buy a pair of boots, you invested in saving your skin,

if your jacket is seriously to big it can slide of in an accident and back to the gravel rash again, as well as being good quality, gear needs to fit properly

save up the money and invest in the best you can....:scooter:

bert_is_evil
23rd February 2007, 11:01

Weird, I'll have to make another attempt

bert_is_evil
23rd February 2007, 11:04
go online or call motomail (auckland); i know they had a whole lot of draggin jeans etc at their discount/seconds shop in Kinsland.

i'm sure they'd be happy to post em to ya

True that would be good, but I need to try them on though as I don't know what size to get

idleidolidyll
23rd February 2007, 11:22
True that would be good, but I need to try them on though as I don't know what size to get

i couldn't possibly suggest you try them on in a wellytown shop then buy em cheap from motomail's discount store: that'd be just plain wrong wouldn't it?

bert_is_evil
23rd February 2007, 11:25
i couldn't possibly suggest you try them on in a wellytown shop then buy em cheap from motomail's discount store: that'd be just plain wrong wouldn't it?

Gasp! I would never consider such an act of disloyalty!
:whistle: Motormail you say....

idleidolidyll
23rd February 2007, 12:07
Gasp! I would never consider such an act of disloyalty!
:whistle: Motormail you say....

no no, Motomail, no 'r'

http://www.motomail.co.nz/
outlet store, not the main store. open Thursday to Sunday: OUTLET: 4 WESTERN SPRINGS ROAD KINGSLAND, AUCKLAND
0800 668 662 ask for outlet store

but i'd never suggest you should shop there instead of in wellytown

RC1
23rd February 2007, 12:30
cant comment on draggin myself as i have never had them i have had a couple of offs at 130 + in leathers and got straight back up with only minor bruising and very little damage to leathers, so for me jeans or draggins dont even come into the equasion, leather all the time even for a quick ride around the block ( 20k block it is )

Trudes
23rd February 2007, 18:41

I'm thinking of getting a pair too, we could go halves in postage!

Quartermile
23rd February 2007, 20:55
You didn't buy a pair of boots, you invested in saving your skin,

if your jacket is seriously to big it can slide of in an accident and back to the gravel rash again, as well as being good quality, gear needs to fit properly

save up the money and invest in the best you can....:scooter:

Yea I might have to do that, I could always spend a bit of the Govts student loan money, oh actally thats for board...... yes ...board...........:shit:

bert_is_evil
23rd February 2007, 21:43

Good plan, I wonder tho how do you know how much of a second it is if you buy by mail order - could turn up with only one leg or something!

Madness
23rd February 2007, 22:23

Look for the 20mtr high sign with Yamaha & Hyosung logo's, just north of the Ava Rail Bridge in Alicetown. I told Stew that sign was too bloody high, it must be sunk 10mtrs into the ground to stop it falling over.

Satch
2nd March 2007, 18:04
hi all

ive just been trying a pair of draggins on for commuting. i like the concept.

cycle treads could do me $220 , is this a good price? anyone know where i can get them cheaper?

cheers

Panther
2nd March 2007, 18:06
hi all

ive just been trying a pair of draggins on for commuting. i like the concept.

cycle treads could do me $220 , is this a good price? anyone know where i can get them cheaper?

cheers

Quasi is getting/got some in.

he likes dubbos:yes:

good to support local businesses and what not

Satch
2nd March 2007, 18:12
Quasi is getting/got some in.

he likes dubbos:yes:

good to support local businesses and what not

Thanks for that, cant find them on his website, i guess ill send him a PM about some.

Panther
2nd March 2007, 18:23
Thanks for that, cant find them on his website, i guess ill send him a PM about some.

he has samples in, getting an order of stock in very soon.

Phoenix
5th March 2007, 19:51

I came off at 100kph Sunday 25th February, was wearing jeans, leather jacket and leather boots, stitching came undone in the elbow that hit the ground, jeans got a hole where my knee hit the ground, fortunately, I lived, and my injuries weren't that bad, my girlfriends knee came off worse than mine BUT shes actually back at work this week.

ceebie13
6th March 2007, 06:59

That'll cost you half a knicker then!!!:rofl:

XR250 Si
8th March 2007, 12:17
I've got a pair of the Draggin camos. They are the only bike pants I have so far and I haven't fallen off to test them out yet. I find them really comfortable although at times it feels like they're riding half way up my shins.

I couldn't find the armour in the shops, so I ordered a pair of the knee pads from the Draggin website. They attach by velcro-ing onto the kevlar lining in the knee area. I don't really like this setup because the pads tend to come free easily when walking around and can be a pain in the backside to reposition correctly (Not a good look undoing your pants in public and stuffing your hand down there:laugh:)

MoFunthanmost
9th March 2007, 16:40
Have come off once in mine, low speed on a roundabout :o (newish tyres... still my bad) and apart from a scuffed patch the draggins dig great at saving my skin, a bruise was about it. Even with armour, i'd rather be wearing my leathers for a 'proper' crash.

xxblackbirdxx
13th March 2007, 15:43
I wear draggin jeans and feel very safe in them.
Do they hold up well.... maybe , maybe not. I dont intend to find out the painful way.
What i do is wear my draggins (camo) cause they look real cool but i also wear leathers underneath them (NEO)( advertised in many mags). The leathers are good fitting and most people dont realise i have leathers on underneath.
So there you go looks and safety all rolled in to one.
I dont feel uncomfortable and thats cause i dont really sweat a lot.
TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.
I dont think that draggin jeans will protect you in a crash , sure they have some abrasion resistance. but you are rarely ever put down softly in a crash. your first impact with the ground will break your bones. point being , you need armour(there is no replacement for hard armour.
beyond that you need leathers for good abrasion resistance.
Draggins sit in between . a little protection and better looks.

To sum it up. Draggins are better than normal jeans. it cant hold a candle to leathers and leathers dont substitute hard armour..............so NO draggins just wont do it

bert_is_evil
13th March 2007, 15:47
Anyone been to any Wellington shops lately that stock the camo ones? I've been looking but all I've found were the jeans style. I just want em for the 5 minute ride to the shop etc, would feel to vunerable on longer rides.

damo
21st March 2007, 11:10
I've got shift jeans I wear for my daily commute, but for longer trips i'll throw on my padded/armoured wet weather trou.
The shifts are ok, I liked the style better than draggins I saw..

however, I still havnt had an off yet.. few close shaves tho.

buellbabe
21st March 2007, 11:24
I bought a pair of camo-draggin's from Motomail and I'm loving them. Just got back from the Sth is and did 4000kms in them. They were great cos I could get off the bike and walk around on a blistering hot day and feel quite comfortable whereas my companions had to swelter in Kordura. And at the opposite end of the scale I just threw on a pair of wet weather over-trou to cut out wind and rain (we had 1 day of that).
Highly recommend them for summertime riding.

IkeKrull
26th March 2007, 13:54
Low speed, locked up the front and went down on the road - Was wearing leather jacket, draggin cargos. Managed to rip the denim like it wasnt even there, and tear a small hole in the kevlar on the knee, and rip up the denim lower down on the leg, leaving only a minimal graze to the knee where the kevlar got holed.

Personally, i think they're great for round town - going to work in full leathers isn't really an attractive option for me, so i'll definitely be getting another pair of draggins. The kevlar is great for peace of mind, and really does protect against abrasion about 100 times better than denim does. Still, without armour and padding, crashing in draggins is going to hurt.

Coming off at high speed, i'd rather be in armoured leather.

Hitcher
26th March 2007, 17:06
Coming off at high speed, i'd rather be in armoured leather.

That's OK if your intention is to slide or roll. Unfortunately road riding bins tend to be a bit more random and you're probably likely to impact something. In that case there is fuck all difference between wearing Draggins or armour-plated full-grain cow hide.

Quartermile
27th March 2007, 22:49
Does anyone know of any reasnobly cheep leathers but good quality?(2-peice)