PDA

View Full Version : Choosing a Number

Racey Rider
12th June 2003, 13:56
So what the protocol here? (That means - "the right thing to do" KK)
What does one do when a new-be, and wanting a racing number? What happens if you turn up to a meet, and find you've got the same number that someone else has had for years? :Oops:
I guess #1 is not approprite for your first race day!

Dave
12th June 2003, 14:50
Pick a number,1-10 are usually reserved for national championship places.If the race meeting is enter on the day,it will be first in first served-so be early.although Priority will usually be given to people with MNZ allocated numbers.If your number has not been chosen by anyone else,your in.If your number clashes with someone already registered they will call you up and ask you to change-so take some black electrical tape to alter your number on the day.
Good Luck.

bluninja
12th June 2003, 15:24
I think 17 might be a good number to choose :D Don't pick 69 unless you intend going end over end :o According to Feng Shui a combination of 4 and another number is lucky eg 41, 54 etc.

TTFN

Dave
13th June 2003, 19:04
Oh yeah-forgot to mention,upside down numbers are unlucky.i.e.
11,69,88 (numbers that can be read upside down!)make sense?

Coldkiwi
23rd June 2003, 12:58
good point... and if nothing else, it keeps the any commentators guessing for a few more seconds and in their hast to sound informed, may even call the name of another rider as the unfortunate bastard who cocked up that corner! I'm sure Murray walker's not the only one out there who does that!